PDA

View Full Version : Moneybomb for Iowa Projects?

goRPaul
06-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Should we have one?

http://www.iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php

thedude
06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Operation: County Fair
NEEDS: $12,500..........HAS: $1,225

Operation: Top Gun
NEEDS: $30,000..........HAS: $284

Operation: Sign Language
NEEDS: $35,442..........HAS: $1,085

Operation: Mail Drop
NEEDS: $35,451..........HAS: $144

Operation: Grassroots
NEEDS: $54,450..........HAS: $95

Operation: Radio Wave
NEEDS: $64,800..........HAS: $1,696

Operation: Knock, Knock
NEEDS: $100,000........HAS: $5,145

Operation: Liberty on the Line
NEEDS: $111,000........HAS: $175

Operation: Special Delivery
NEEDS: $304,000........HAS: $680

I wish people were pushing this considering all donations for these events go directly to the campaign and could have counted toward the MoneyBomb yesterday. If some were promoting this idea, I apologize.

The next MB I will support is Ready Ames Fire, and I know I will be throwing cash into these events. If anybody is donating on the 4th of July, consider putting money into these projects.

truthdivides
06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
We are trying to get an end of quarter push to finish these projects before the end of June.

ItsTime
06-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I wish people were pushing this considering all donations for these events go directly to the campaign and could have counted toward the MoneyBomb yesterday. If some were promoting this idea, I apologize.

The next MB I will support is Ready Ames Fire, and I know I will be throwing cash into these events. If anybody is donating on the 4th of July, consider putting money into these projects.

These go to the campaign? Im so confused about what that page is about, but then again I was going on the assumption it was a grassroots thing and never bothered to check it out because I have yet to max out with the campaign.

Edit: Looked at the website better, yup it is from the campaign. Ill start pushing this a little more.

thedude
06-06-2011, 04:17 PM
These go to the campaign? Im so confused about what that page is about, but then again I was going on the assumption it was a grassroots thing and never bothered to check it out because I have yet to max out with the campaign.

Edit: Looked at the website better, yup it is from the campaign. Ill start pushing this a little more.

As we all should. There is currently a deficit of $737,069.00 as of 6:15pm EST.

This is a lot of money to raise before the end of June... But if we can raise a Million in 24 hours, can we raise this much in 24 days? I think we can.

There are little tickers next to each project with descriptions of each as you scroll down the page. If we can fund these before the end of June, that gives the campaign a month and a half to implement them.

Lets do this!!

Mini-bombs for Iowa!

EDIT: This is only $30,711.22 a day! Can we post to front page?

Bryan
06-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Yes, it is a campaign web site. Yes, there seems to be a good consensus for this to be the target of the end of quarter push.

One Last Battle!
06-06-2011, 04:24 PM
How about an unofficial moneybomb on July 4th to max out the first five on the list? It would be quite inexpensive and would function as a minibomb before the big one on the 19th.

Sentinelrv
06-06-2011, 04:25 PM
They should have a donation ticker that covers the entire amount that needs to be raised. Donating to that should distribute the money evenly between all the projects.

thedude
06-06-2011, 04:29 PM
How about an unofficial moneybomb on July 4th to max out the first five on the list? It would be quite inexpensive and would function as a minibomb before the big one on the 19th.

That makes sense, but the end of the quarter is June 30th at 11:59pm!!! The split decision is murder! What to do... What to do...

Maybe the creator of the July 4th MB will be willing to move their MoneyBomb up for this great cause!!

Eric21ND
06-06-2011, 04:30 PM
These should be top priority now!

thedude
06-06-2011, 04:31 PM
They should have a donation ticker that covers the entire amount that needs to be raised. Donating to that should distribute the money evenly between all the projects.

That is a fantastic idea! The guy running Iowa frequents the forums... we should reach out to him to have the website updated.

Jeremy Tyler
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
So is the campaign not going to apply the money we raised the past 2 moneybombs to these? Just curious. If not then I think it is a good idea that we have like mini-bombs to fund these projects once every week or every few days starting from the top. I'm sure jsut us on the forums alone could fund the first few projects pretty easily, then maybe catch on as the bigger ones need to be funded.

Bryan
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
The problem is that the FEC's end of quarter deadline is June 30, and those reports are used widely in the media indicators of campaign strength. Having good money waiting in the wings for 7/4 doesn't sound like a good idea, so that is why there is the promotion of the end of quarter push. Too many are on vacation with their family then too.

sailingaway
06-06-2011, 04:34 PM
We are trying to get an end of quarter push to finish these projects before the end of June.

This.

I was thinking we could every day start a thread like Steve Bierfieldt did yesterday, where the first person donates $5 to one of the projects, the next person donates $6 to a project, each time going up one dollar only (even if someone cheats and does more it only counts as going up one dollar for the progression) and see how long we can keep it going. Those who want to donate more can do so directly to the Iowa project page (in my signature.)

Do you want to start today's with $5? People seemed a little burnt out and also I figured they should have a day to just enjoy having gotten a million for Ron, so I was going to start tomorrow. But if you are ready -- why don't you start a thread? Then as people recharge, they can join it...

Bryan
06-06-2011, 04:34 PM
So is the campaign not going to apply the money we raised the past 2 moneybombs to these? Just curious. If not then I think it is a good idea that we have like mini-bombs to fund these projects once every week or every few days starting from the top. I'm sure jsut us on the forums alone could fund the first few projects pretty easily, then maybe catch on as the bigger ones need to be funded.
I'm guessing they will fill in with other moneys to do what is needed-- but by doing the direct donations it does make sure they fund what you want. The best idea going is to just do an end of quarter push to get these funded... but nothing is written in stone.

thedude
06-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Hey Jeremy,

I thought about this too... but then I remembered something Ron is always talking about, fungibility. The more we put to these projects, the more Ron can use the previously donated funds toward other states... like New Hampshire or Florida or Nevada or any of the other 46.

One Last Battle!
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Okay, how about "Freedom Fridays", mini money bombs every Friday to try and max out one of the Iowa projects? We could start with taking out the first three in the first two Fridays. It would get progressively harder, but the amount required would be much, much smaller (even for the largest project). Easy goals, not too complicated to organize, we can figure out our own ways to max out the projects each Friday. The last Friday could be "Final Friday" where we give it everything to finish things off.

Bryan
06-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Okay, how about "Freedom Fridays", mini money bombs every Friday to try and max out one of the Iowa projects? We could start with taking out the first three in the first two Fridays. It would get progressively harder, but the amount required would be much, much smaller (even for the largest project). Easy goals, not too complicated to organize, we can figure out our own ways to max out the projects each Friday. The last Friday could be "Final Friday" where we give it everything to finish things off.
I think there is definitely a need to promote the end of quarter push... so whatever it takes. Good ideas.

eduardo89
06-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I like this idea!

Jeremy Tyler
06-06-2011, 06:44 PM

Yeah I like this too. It's what I was saying but it's picks a day. Lets start pushing for this friday?

Nate-ForLiberty
06-06-2011, 06:52 PM

It's Friday! Friday!
Donating on Friday!
Everybody's donating
to Dr. Paul's campaign!

*f--k!!!! that song is like Indian food! Eat it once and it comes out of your pours for days!!! BAAAAAAAAHHH! :mad:

FSP-Rebel
06-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I like the Friday idea but maybe we should try to get the Daily Paul to team up with us. They have a link on the blog half way down that mentioned the Iowa projects went towards the moneybomb. Other than that there is no mention of trying to fill up the projects, I'd hope they'd sticky this toward the top for the next few weeks/month like they did with the past audit the fed effort.