PDA

View Full Version : Is it AMES or JULY 4TH? Too much confusion.

Matthew Zak
06-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Next money bomb: July 4th, or Ready, Ames, Fire?

ItsTime
06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Ames

Matthew Zak
06-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I voted for Ames as well but I will support either one. We just desperately need to get everyone on board with one or the other.

Billay
06-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Too many money bombs and way too soon.

Matthew Zak
06-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Too many money bombs and way too soon.

Ames is still 6 weeks out, but I agree that these are happening a bit rapidly. But if we don't raise funds significantly in every quarter that will make Ron look like he has very little support so we have to do what we can. Let's be organized about it and we'll do the good doctor proud.

And by organized I mean choose one and spend every minute from now until 11:59 that evening promoting it.

nc4rp
06-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Strike while the iron is hot

Billay
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
We're in a great position polling wise and have raised 2 mil this month. I have no doubt we'll see the fundraising continue to pick up as long as Ron continues to be in 2nd place. He's going to win the straw poll!

Billay
06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Man could you imagine we hold off on the money bomb until the day of the straw poll. Ron wins creating all sorts of momtentum and raises 2million that day. The media would have to say he's a serious candidate.

Matthew Zak
06-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Man could you imagine we hold off on the money bomb until the day of the straw poll. Ron wins creating all sorts of momtentum and raises 2million that day. The media would have to say he's a serious candidate.

We need a calender for people like me who have no idea when these straw polls, primaries, etc take place. Does anyone have an ability to do something like that?

Sentinelrv
06-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Ames, people need to get on this now! We fell short on this money bomb even though it raised more than the last one because people didn't get behind it until the campaign sent out an email about it. Because of that, promotion was low, thus a smaller total. Ames seems to be the day, so we all need to get behind it and start promotion NOW, not five weeks from now. This will guarantee us a larger donation total.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
The FEC filing quarter ends Jun 30

JoshLowry
06-06-2011, 04:02 PM
We need a calender for people like me who have no idea when these straw polls, primaries, etc take place. Does anyone have an ability to do something like that?

We have a calendar that members can add events to, but no one seems to ever use it.

BUSHLIED
06-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I disagree with the Ames money bomb date. More so than just "perceived viability" because of his fund-raising amounts, is the need for cash immediately. Ron is going to have to do a lot work to win in both IOWA and NH, therefore, the money he is getting NOW 2million+ is going to be going mostly towards IOWA, with some in NH. The IOWA campaign is asking for 1 million right NOW. You can count that money already GONE...Hosting a moneybomb closer to Ames which is 2 weeks later than July 4th and about 6 weeks from now, is a long time to go without money. Besides the more money he has NOW gives the developing campaign ROOM to breath and look ahead, plan ahead.

I assume that the IOWA campaign people have been allocated money already yet there should ALSO be a substantial NH, SC, and NV campaign efforts starting NOW. It is my opinion that winning IOWA for Paul is not enough to propel him to victory BUT it is a necessary WIN if he going to win. Paul's road to victory is going to be a GRIND, picking up delagates state by state.

So "a money bomb per month" raising 1 million each time provides a steady source of campaign funds that allow the campaign to plan and allocate resource more efficiently.

That's just my analysis, obviously, I support either date...I just think that July4th since it is closer in time is more advantageous.

My fear is that the money-bombs are not going to produce the 4-6 million hauls that they did before. I think the campaign shouldn't set itself up for expecting this amounts either...the novality of having a 4-6 million haul in one day has worn off...people are now accustom to this large sum of money and I don't think it has the same impact for earned media it once had. Unless of course we have a 7million dollar day breaking the old record...I think that comes after a win in the IOWA straw poll or after Iowa Caucases.

this is just my take...my input.

Bryan
06-06-2011, 04:45 PM
More so than just "perceived viability" because of his fund-raising amounts, is the need for cash immediately.
Totally agree- and that is why there is an end of quarter push to fund all the Iowa projects (http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php) that is picking up steam.

Here are my full thoughts on this as posted elsewhere:

I've been working to refine some principles for fundraising. For starters, I think there are two type of major fund raising efforts that have value: single day money bombs and other "push" mini-drives that are a week or more. Both have a place in this campaign.

There are some obvious and much called-for pushes, such as the push for the FEC end of quarter deadlines. These drives are a must, others can be filled in too.

As we have seen, money bombs are still very important and can help raise big cash fast, however they must be timed properly.

Some people do not like money bombs and prefer the more steady cash of a mini-drives, so this is why there is a need for both.

Money bombs should not be scheduled within about the first three weeks of a quarter. Why? Many will be arguing to "donate now" at the end of the quarter, and there will be good merit to that as the FEC fundraising reported get pushed hard in the media as indicators of campaign strength.

Money bombs should also not be in the last few days of the quarter so if the bomb falls a little short of campaign goals for the quarter then those supporting the end-of-quarter push can take over and get us to the finish line.

Likewise, "push" mini-drives should end at least 7, 10 or 14 days before a money bomb so focus can shift, with a calm before the storm. So both techniques need to complement each other and not conflict.

The second issue of money bombs is the interval. IMO, early in the campaign one every 6 weeks is a good timeframe. Later, once a month-- it will be hard to predict when that transition will happen, but it will for sure be no later than November.

The third issue on the money bombs is the themes. There are some obviously good dates that we did in 2007 that bear repeating, mainly:

November 11 -- For the Troops money bomb
December 16 -- Tea Party money bomb

One thing to keep in mind is that it is clear that the official campaign is going to use themes for the bombs, and with that, doing one on 11-5 will give them PR issues. Also, I do not think that a money bomb on Dr. Paul's birthday of August 20th is good for that reason as well, Dr. Paul is not a narcissist and the campaign would not want this, IMO. (How would their e-mail read? "Please donate on my birthday"?) As well, we need themes with more emotional political appeal like the anti-Romneycare, or "No more bailouts". If we want to honor Dr. Paul we can do a money bomb on his and Carol's anniversary in 2012 like we did in 2008. I think he'd appreciate that more anyway and it is a very nice gesture to honor his family.

The July 4th bomb misses the mark by being too soon and just after the end of the quarter. People are on vacation with family too. It is also too close to the much better July 19th "Ready, Ames, Fire" money bomb.

The fourth issue is the day of the week for the money bomb. We're showing that Sundays can work, but I'd guess Saturday wouldn't be as good. Mondays have worked. Friday's might not be the best but both 11/11 and 12/16 are Fridays, but that still might not be enough to change them. Tu-Th are about the same as Monday. Considerations for day-after media impact are important too.

One final note, the campaign is going to have to anticipate how much money they are going to get, and spend appropriately. In other words, when they are spending for Ames in early July they should expect a good money bomb on the 19th and maybe spend as if they had 80% of what is projected.

So here is what I have:

June 7 - June 30 -- End of second quarter push (not a money bomb) This can focus to fund these http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php
July 19 -- Ready, Ames, Fire money bomb
Aug 30 (approx) -- money bomb ("No More Bailouts" theme suggested)
Sept 15 - Sept 30 -- End of third quarter push (not a money bomb)
mid Oct (11-17) -- money bomb (theme TBD)
November 11 -- For the Troops money bomb
December 16 -- Tea Party money bomb
Dec 17 - 31 - End of year push (not a money bomb)

There's flexibility in this, particularly with the money bombs between July 19th and November 11th. The principles are important however.

thedude
06-06-2011, 04:47 PM
this is just my take...my input.

hey my friend, i share your concern. check this out: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297080-Moneybomb-for-Iowa-Projects

what do you think? can we get Ron the funds he needs sooner? can we finish off the 2nd quarter with a bang (pun intended)?

EDIT: ...what Bryan said above...

ItsTime
06-06-2011, 04:47 PM
^Finally some common sense! Great post Bryan.

FrankRep
06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I like having an explicit goal like Ames.

Matthew Zak
06-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Wow its looking like Ames is the winner. By a long shot. I didn't expect it to be so unanimous. I have already seen several Ames videos and because of this thread I have started advertizing on youtube, stumbleupon, facebook, twitter, and other bulletin boards.

I suggest we all do the same!!!!

For liberty! :)