PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul stirs conservative Christian throng, defies big government

sailingaway
06-06-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/9309536-ron-paul-stirs-conservative-christian-throng-defies-big-government

Sola_Fide
06-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Spread this around to all of your Christian friends and family.

cameronb
06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Good one. This illustrates RP's understanding of Biblical teachings and should make some serious headway with undecided Christian voters.
It is a bit confusing because it identifies Paul as a liberal. In some countries he may be a liberal, but in the U.S. he is a small government conservative, a limited government constitutionalist.
Paul is pro-life, pro gun rights, wants to lower taxes even eliminate the IRS, etc. -- that is not liberal. So you may want to point out something along that line in sending this link along to Christian friends/family, at your own discretion.

rp08orbust
06-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Spread this around to all of your Christian friends and family.

Actually, don't. Did anyone read the article?

Ron Paul stirred up the conservative Christian throng at the conference of Faith and Freedom Coalition conference on Friday when he used the Bible to illustrate why large government is terrible. The presidential candidate also used the Bible to justify his struggle to preserve faith and family system.

Ron Paul also narrated the tale of the Israelites and their appeals for an earthly king. Furthermore, he narrated the story found in 1 Samuel chapter eight in order to validate his stance that big government is ethically erroneous for the United States.

The Texas congressman told the Christian throng that the people of Israel used to have ideal family system before their first king and found no requirement of any government to take care of them. Paul believes that they do not need a king and that Washington should not act like a king of the U.S.A.

"I don't think we need a king, and we don't need Washington to act as if they're the king of this country," Paul said.

It is pertinent to note that in the Bible, the prophet Samuel warned against a king, itemizing the issues that crop up if the Israelites chose a king. Ron Paul slackly rephrased those issues to point up the quandaries that subsist when a government takes power from the populace.

"He says the king will take your young men and the young women to be used in the government. They're going to tax you. They're going to over burden you and you're going to have to work so much time, like 25, 35 45 percent of the time, for the king."

Ron Paul noted that Samuel's beliefs were shrewd guidance for the past and future. Paul said that by asking the U.S government to grant aid for families, employment and more, the citizens have basically appointed a king to rule and plunder them.

Paul also went on to echo the provisions of the U.S Constitution for limited government.

"We have, as a people, lost our confidence and our understanding of what true liberty is all about and where it comes from," Paul stated. "It doesn't come from the government. Our liberties come from our Creator."

Although Ron Paul is associated with the Republican Party, yet he acted as a stringent liberal for several years. Paul, who first joined the presidential race in 1988, still deems himself a stern activist for liberty.

Paul has defended and endorsed this fact several times.

"If you have the inconsistency, then you are not defending liberty," he has stated at one point. Moreover, his website has literature that favors and justifies his libertarian stance.

LisaNY
06-06-2011, 10:21 AM
The Christian Post wrote a much better article: http://www.christianpost.com/news/ron-paul-our-liberties-comes-from-our-creator-50858/

cameronb
06-06-2011, 10:22 AM
I could have been mistaken, but I saw those last two phrases as written from an international / euro perspective and so come across worse than intended. Thats why in my post above I suggest sending it along with a little bit of clarification because the article starts off strong and also conveys Paul's understanding of scripture and that goes along way in some of the Republican primary circles.

sailingaway
06-06-2011, 10:25 AM
The Christian Post wrote a much better article: http://www.christianpost.com/news/ron-paul-our-liberties-comes-from-our-creator-50858/

Yeah, they did. I don't think this one was intended to be mean to Ron, it sounds like it was written by someone to whom English is not the first language....'slackly' rather than 'loosely' for example.

Exponent
06-06-2011, 11:14 AM
And I suspect they meant "libertarian" where they said "liberal", given that they said it immediately before referencing his 1988 run as a Libertarian.

Sola_Fide
06-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Actually, don't. Did anyone read the article?

Yep. Sorry. I only skimmed it and was thinking this was the same as the ChristianPost article:(

Xenophage
06-06-2011, 12:00 PM
What a terribly written article. I could have written that in 2nd grade.

And THIS...

"Although Ron Paul is associated with the Republican Party, yet he acted as a stringent liberal for several years. Paul, who first joined the presidential race in 1988, still deems himself a stern activist for liberty."

The hell?

trey4sports
06-06-2011, 12:10 PM
great article at the Christian Post. Read the comments, very encouraging.

sailingaway
06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
great article at the Christian Post. Read the comments, very encouraging.

Yeah, I posted it the other day. It is good. As for the second, I think a lot of the language could be explained by someone not being fluent.

BlackTerrel
06-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, they did. I don't think this one was intended to be mean to Ron, it sounds like it was written by someone to whom English is not the first language....'slackly' rather than 'loosely' for example.

That was my reading as well. Poorly written.

BlackTerrel
06-06-2011, 08:18 PM

I like this one a lot. 90% of the comments are pro-Paul.

LibertyEagle
06-06-2011, 08:22 PM
And I suspect they meant "libertarian" where they said "liberal", given that they said it immediately before referencing his 1988 run as a Libertarian.

I don't think the guy understands the difference. That is what it looked like to me.

Adrock
06-06-2011, 11:06 PM
I just saw the whole speech. I was very impressed with the articulate, positive message. This is what is Ron needs to do. Educate the electorate in context but also be a positive leader. Point out what makes America great and how we can get there again. The people are down and it is getting worse. They are looking for a positive message. You can point out what has gotten us to where we are but in the end you need to be a cheerleader for the USA. That is how you win the Republican Primary.

tangent4ronpaul
06-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Conservative Christians wear thongs? I thought they were into chastity belts...

Oh wait...

:D