PDA

View Full Version : WTF is "Fred Karger"????

tangent4ronpaul
06-06-2011, 07:09 AM
He's supposedly a GOP presidential candidate. Never heard of him.

specsaregood
06-06-2011, 07:15 AM
He's supposedly a GOP presidential candidate. Never heard of him.

Yeah, he should be invited to the CNN debate too. did you email cnn and tell them to include Fred?

sailingaway
06-06-2011, 07:26 AM
To be fair to the debate selectors, he is probably being kept out because he has no polling strength and no actual platform for anything except gay issues (his standard response is 'I'm still developing a position on that') I don't think it is just because he is a gay candidate. However, it may well play into things that one of his stated purposes for running is to take on Mitt Romney because Romney is Morman and Mormans funded at least a visible part of the fight against Proposition 8 in California.

Having said that, he has to be better than Santorum. I mean, who isn't?

In any event, in the pictures of the New Hampshire straw poll where he was apparently buying students drinks so they would vote for him (this was the caption of the picture) he looked charming. And Santorum certainly isn't. I think he might have won that straw poll, come to think of it. He did well, at the very least.

wormyguy
06-06-2011, 07:31 AM
His platform looks decent:

http://fredkarger.com/issues

tangent4ronpaul
06-06-2011, 07:42 AM
His platform looks decent:

http://fredkarger.com/issues

Parts do, parts do not.

Seems like a neo-con liberal at times...

t0rnado
06-06-2011, 07:47 AM
""I think the only surge we should do is to surge out of Iraq and Afghanistan. We have lost so many American lives and there are so many wounded warriors returning home.”" - Fred Karger

He also supports marijuana legalization, so he would be good to have on stage.

sailingaway
06-06-2011, 08:36 AM
You want Ron paired with KARGER in write ups?

Sola_Fide
06-06-2011, 08:43 AM
You want Ron paired with KARGER in write ups?

Exactly. If we think being paired with Gary might have been a detriment, just imagine if Ron is paired with the gay dude.

sailingaway
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
It wasn't his gayness I was referring to, it was that his candidacy is essentially a joke. HE doesn't even take it seriously.

PaulConventionWV
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
""I think the only surge we should do is to surge out of Iraq and Afghanistan. We have lost so many American lives and there are so many wounded warriors returning home.”" - Fred Karger

He also supports marijuana legalization, so he would be good to have on stage.

Except he's a social liberal when it comes to gay rights. One issue candidate...