PDA

View Full Version : God I love my persuasion abilities!

hummtide
10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Took 3 hours today to chat with my cousin about Ron Paul (he was part of that huge group of people who dont want to worry about the election until next year, to which I explained to him, you either get involved now to choose the candidates to elect next year, or itll be another case of choosing the lesser of who cares). He donated online $250 a while ago and will donate $500 on 11-5! 3 more cousins to turn from the dark side and my mission (for my dads side of the family) will be complete.

hopeforamerica
10-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes! Now come talk to my family. I can't get anywhere with them.

LibertyEagle
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
BRAVO, Hummtide!!! :)

margomaps
10-29-2007, 01:20 PM
hummtide, that's amazing! Keep up the good work.

Primbs
10-29-2007, 01:22 PM
That is the way campaigns are won.

manuel
10-29-2007, 01:30 PM
WOW! Could you come talk to my sister? She's like a black hole.

me3
10-29-2007, 01:32 PM
If you haven't talked to EVERYONE in your family, you're not doing your part IMO.

Mother, father, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, grandparents, inlaws.

Leave no stone unturned. If they tell you they don't care, tell them you need them to care. Tell them to care because you do.

If everyone gets 3 or 4 family members on side, that would triple the support base.

Great job hummtide!

freelance
10-29-2007, 01:33 PM
WOW! Wanna talk to my remaining cousins? Congratulations.

jkaufmann
10-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Yes! Now come talk to my family. I can't get anywhere with them.

I've had some resistance with some family memebers. Mainly the apathetic ones.

Buy their vote :) Take them to dinner, whatever. If they aren't going to vote, what's the difference?

me3
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
If folks are going to give up on their family and friends, then we don't have much of a chance.

Apathetic family members are low hanging fruit. It should be relatively easy to convince a couple of them to vote, because you want them to vote. That they are voting to help you. It's the family members who are committed to other candidates that are harder to turn

This is an important election. It can decide if thousands more people die, and if the country undergoes a major economic downturn, causing a lot of domestic suffering. The stakes of not trying hard enough are high. Stay positive and work hard. We can do this if we all try hard enough.

hopeforamerica
10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
If folks are going to give up on their family and friends, then we don't have much of a chance.

Apathetic family members are low hanging fruit. It should be relatively easy to convince a couple of them to vote, because you want them to vote. That they are voting to help you. It's the family members who are committed to other candidates that are harder to turn

This is an important election. It can decide if thousands more people die, and if the country undergoes a major economic downturn, causing a lot of domestic suffering. The stakes of not trying hard enough are high. Stay positive and work hard. We can do this if we all try hard enough.

Sure we have a chance! Just because my family has bought the fear mongoring Faux news crap, doesn't mean we can't wake up others! I've had a lot of wins this week:

My daughter's preschool teacher (she has a son in Iraq, that one was easy)
A guy that I do some video work for.
A security guard while I was out canvassing
A restaurant owner that I dined at after canvassing

Gimme Some Truth
10-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Took 3 hours today to chat with my cousin about Ron Paul (he was part of that huge group of people who dont want to worry about the election until next year, to which I explained to him, you either get involved now to choose the candidates to elect next year, or itll be another case of choosing the lesser of who cares). He donated online $250 a while ago and will donate $500 on 11-5! 3 more cousins to turn from the dark side and my mission (for my dads side of the family) will be complete.

The force is strong with this one :)