PDA

View Full Version : Who Thinks Every Future Money Bomb Should be Centered Against an Opposing Candidate?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Round 1: The Revolution vs. RomneyCare (Mitt Romney)
Round 2: The Revolution vs. the Federal Reserve (Herman Cain)
Round 3: The Revolution vs. Adultery (Newt Gingrich)
Round 4: The Revolution vs. the Global Warmists (Tim Pawlenty)
Round 5: The Revolution vs. the Ditz (Sarah Palin)

Or whatever works best against each candidate. Or one can be "vs. TARP", which is basically all of them.

Gage
06-05-2011, 07:59 PM
No..

COpatriot
06-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Round 6: The Revolution vs. The Cursers (Bachmann)

FriedChicken
I don't consider this to be a bad idea but perhaps would leave anyone that ISN'T ALREADY a RP supporter with a bad taste in their mouth. I'd hate for him to be labeled the jerk of the race.

With that said I thought "Revolution vs. Romneycare" was a distasteful idea at first- but seems to be catching more press this way so I've changed my mind.

QueenB4Liberty
no

MRoCkEd
I like a "No More Bailouts" moneybomb theme

Fractal_Outlook
I don't think this idea captures the spirit of the campaign at ALL, and rise in opposition to it. :)

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I think Romney is fair game but we want to pick up supporters of others as they drop out, so I don't know. Plus Ron will actually ELEVATE their name recognition (except Gingrich and Palin, and we are MOST likely to pick up some of Palin's if she doesn't run.) I'd say we supporters should take on the lesser lights, for now.

I do agree that an anti-tarp one at somepoint would open the door to supporter made video ads showing ALL the others (whichever are still standing) except Bachmann supporting TARP.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-05-2011, 08:03 PM
No..

Why? It beats the hell out of Guy Fawkes.

I don't think this idea captures the spirit of the campaign at ALL, and rise in opposition to it. :)

But Ron Paul's campaign apparently thought it worthy enough to unilaterally make it the theme for today, even though it was supposed to be "legalize gold and silver."

malkusm
06-05-2011, 08:03 PM

Great idea

libertybrewcity
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Only candidates that are clearly ahead like Mitt Romney. Anyone else would be acknowledging that they actually exist, and that is what you want to avoid. A candidate needs to present the IMAGE to the people that they are a front runner, and it will work wonders. In this case, the RP campaign is saying we are close behind Romney and there is nothing in between.

tnvoter
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
the only reason Romneycare was targeted, is because frankly, it's the only potential competition to the Champions of the Constitution at this given time.

civusamericanus
06-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Obviously if the money bombs are going to be every month, it should be either an Independence Day Money bomb, or with the Ames Straw Poll around the corner, it should be an Iowa Projects Money Bomb (Link) (http://www.iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php). That gives them an extra push for Ames 30+ days before the event.

They're going to need the money and I'm sure that is going to be the next major focus!

BucksforPaul
06-05-2011, 08:47 PM

+ This! Imo, give the grassroots a month and a half and we could break all records.

R3volutionJedi
06-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Attack ideas, not candidates.

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Attack ideas, not candidates.

this is Ron.

LisaNY
06-05-2011, 09:01 PM
The other candidates are phony double talkers that deserve to be exposed. Fox News and the neo-con radio hosts sure aren't telling the truth about them. I don't see it as "attacking", I see it as informing the public about who these people really are.

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 09:03 PM
The other candidates are phony double talkers that deserve to be exposed. Fox News and the neo-con radio hosts sure aren't telling the truth about them. I don't see it as "attacking", I see it as informing the public about who these people really are.

I just think that is our place, and perhaps the place of ads if they are like Rand's, not like Conway's. But WE can take the others down. And once Ron is attacked, it would be different.

Adrock
06-05-2011, 09:03 PM
I think we need some time until the next effort. The "Iowa Projects" idea should be the next money bomb focus. Could be a week-long thing.

parocks
06-05-2011, 09:22 PM
There aren't too many people deciding between Ron Paul and Romney. Romney is not well liked by the tea party conservatives, and people who might be supporting Palin or Bachmann likely appreciate the attacking of Romney.

It also says "Round 1". Ron may trying to position himself as "antiRomney". The Conservative opponent of the Establishment RINO Romney. Many think that it'll boil down in the end to a tea party Conservative vs an establishment RINO.

Only candidates that are clearly ahead like Mitt Romney. Anyone else would be acknowledging that they actually exist, and that is what you want to avoid. A candidate needs to present the IMAGE to the people that they are a front runner, and it will work wonders. In this case, the RP campaign is saying we are close behind Romney and there is nothing in between.

LisaNY
06-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I just think that is our place, and perhaps the place of ads if they are like Rand's, not like Conway's. But WE can take the others down. And once Ron is attacked, it would be different.

That's what I meant SA. I certainly don't want Ron or the campaign to come off as being negative. Someone here suggested starting a grassroots pac for ads, maybe we could do something like that.

mit26chell
06-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I think having an opposing candidate, especially the way they've done the graphic for this one, is a terrible idea. The current bomb's graphic is vs. Mitt Romney, and the problem with that is the media is going to (or, at the very least the campaign has provided perfect ammo for them to be able to) have a field day berating Paul now because he comes no where close to Romney's fundraising abilities. If the future themes are simply 'Ron Paul vs any bad idea espoused by one of the candidates,' without mentioning another candidates name, let alone pasting their picture across from Ron, then that's one thing. But having it the way this one was done is just a bad idea, IMO.

RonPaul101.com
06-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Too adversarial, I'd be afraid it would isolate our efforts; besides focusing on weak opponents may make for weak money bombs. (IE: Pawlenty isn't worth even a $100,000 money bomb; he defeats himself.)

We should use efforts like combating THE Issues; like today was originally for sound money (good but not mainframe enough for every voter).

Round 2: The Revolution Against Wars in the Middle East
Round 3: The Revolution Against Foreign Aid

I think this way we are fighting for our cause and for the cause of potential voters who do not yet know Ron Paul well enough.

RonPaul101.com
06-05-2011, 09:34 PM
I agree with "mit26chell". Plus why give Romney (even bad) face time for free?

angelatc
06-05-2011, 09:37 PM
My husband, who is a little more distanced from all this than I am, said he was totally impressed that Ron was going after frontrunner Romney while paying no attention to the also-runnings.

malkusm
06-05-2011, 09:46 PM

We have a noticeable lack of good ideas for the September/October time period. I think we should have a good push to end Q3 for Ron Paul's quarterly reporting (end of September). I think we could implicitly call out candidates while also generating mainstream GOP interest in Ron Paul by going with this "No More Bailouts" theme.

From Wikipedia:

In a dramatic meeting on September 18, 2008, Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke met with key legislators to propose a $700 billion emergency bailout. Bernanke reportedly told them: "If we don't do this, we may not have an economy on Monday."[154] The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, which implemented the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), was signed into law on October 3, 2008.[155]

How does September 18th sound for a "No More Bailouts" moneybomb?

KingRobbStark
06-05-2011, 09:55 PM
How about another Boston Tea Party money bomb?

ronpaulordietrying
06-05-2011, 09:55 PM
bad idea no offense

Bryan
06-05-2011, 09:57 PM
We have a noticeable lack of good ideas for the September/October time period. I think we should have a good push to end Q3 for Ron Paul's quarterly reporting (end of September). I think we could implicitly call out candidates while also generating mainstream GOP interest in Ron Paul by going with this "No More Bailouts" theme.

From Wikipedia:

I really like this-- we can pull in a lot of interest on such mainstream themes like this.

Fractal_Outlook
06-05-2011, 09:57 PM
But Ron Paul's campaign apparently thought it worthy enough to unilaterally make it the theme for today, even though it was supposed to be "legalize gold and silver."

They were dealing with what they were given... it wasn't a great idea to begin with... neither was legalize gold and silver.

Heading towards a "fight" with these idiots won't help, I don't think. People want to believe in something... someone with solutions.

iGGz
06-05-2011, 09:58 PM

I don't think the bailouts have happened enough times to get their own Money Bomb. I mean once was enough, but it's not like it happened multiple times. But people do have strong emotions on the subject, so I don't know. Hope that helped.

Someone in the chat mentioned "Bring Home the Troops" Money Bomb ...that would grab some people's attention I bet...

AJ Antimony
06-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Rather than simply suspecting that people won't like the idea of having money bombs addressed to certain candidates, does anyone actually have any evidence that this 'Revolution vs. Romneycare' idea didn't sit well with voters or non-RP people?

I saw one reply here mention how her husband saw the RP vs. Romney theme and really liked it. Personally, when I first saw the graphic, I thought "Cool, it reminds me of the Rand Paul campaign." And honestly, I didn't see anything negative about the theme at all.

Besides, what else is it going to be? "Guy Fawkes Day Money bomb"? I'm pretty sure Ron Paul raised millions on that one day because a lot of donors liked the candidate, and not because of Guy Fawkes. In other words, ultimately I don't think the money bomb theme is important. I mean think about it, if you're at all even considering donating to Ron Paul, you're not going to be stopped by an anti-Romneycare, or anti-Pawlent-and-Trade, or anti-Cain-Fed theme.

Billay
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Horrible idea.

MyBoxersSayJoe
06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
I don't think it should be a VS. Make it about RP and only RP. Once you've seen and heard his viewpoint and reasoning, there really is no comparison.

Airborn
06-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Too adversarial, I'd be afraid it would isolate our efforts; besides focusing on weak opponents may make for weak money bombs. (IE: Pawlenty isn't worth even a $100,000 money bomb; he defeats himself.)

We should use efforts like combating THE Issues; like today was originally for sound money (good but not mainframe enough for every voter).

I think this way we are fighting for our cause and for the cause of potential voters who do not yet know Ron Paul well enough.

I was going to reply saying same thing, instead of going after a person, go after the issue like,

Round 2: The Revolution vs. The Federal Reserve
Round 3: The Revolution vs. The Income Tax

ect, ect

parocks
06-05-2011, 10:16 PM
The people we're trying to pick up do not like Romney. Explicitly attacking Romney should win us supporters. Republicans don't like Obama even more than they don't like
any Republican.

I think having an opposing candidate, especially the way they've done the graphic for this one, is a terrible idea. The current bomb's graphic is vs. Mitt Romney, and the problem with that is the media is going to (or, at the very least the campaign has provided perfect ammo for them to be able to) have a field day berating Paul now because he comes no where close to Romney's fundraising abilities. If the future themes are simply 'Ron Paul vs any bad idea espoused by one of the candidates,' without mentioning another candidates name, let alone pasting their picture across from Ron, then that's one thing. But having it the way this one was done is just a bad idea, IMO.

iGGz
06-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Don't Tread on Me Money Bomb

iGGz
06-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I was going to reply saying same thing, instead of going after a person, go after the issue like,

ect, ect

I like that

mit26chell
06-05-2011, 10:33 PM
The campaign slogan is 'Restore America Now.' Why can't the future money bombs just be themed in the vein of that slogan? Ron Paul critically challenges the status quo, on all accounts, so maybe the money bombs could have themes that touch on each of those accounts (Ending 'too big to fail,' following Constitutional war powers / bringing our troops home, restoring soundness to our dollar, ending corporate welfare, fighting for the rights of whistleblowers, etc). In addition, they can still be coordinated on historical days throughout the year - like the next one on the 4th of July.

dvictr
06-05-2011, 10:33 PM
+1

mit26chell
06-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Also, the campaign really should start using the fact that Dr Paul is the only U.S. Veteran (that I'm aware of) in the race to their advantage. No more civilian presidents - recent history shows they are careless with the lives of others! America loves anything seemingly patriotic, and there isn't anything more legitimately patriotic than a U.S. Vet!

TomtheTinker
06-05-2011, 10:45 PM
I like the idea for many reasons..1 reason I don't is I really believe Ron needs to position himself as the anti-Mitt or anti-establishment candidate..not waste his time squabbling with the flavor of the week/media hype 2nd tier candidates..we have to turn these peoples supporters on to Ron not piss them off.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-05-2011, 10:46 PM

ect, ect

The campaign slogan is 'Restore America Now.' Why can't the future money bombs just be themed in the vein of that slogan? Ron Paul critically challenges the status quo, on all accounts, so maybe the money bombs could have themes that touch on each of those accounts (Ending 'too big to fail,' following Constitutional war powers / bringing our troops home, restoring soundness to our dollar, ending corporate welfare, fighting for the rights of whistleblowers, etc). In addition, they can still be coordinated on historical days throughout the year - like the next one on the 4th of July.

^
This is the sort of thing we need, not mud-slinging (leave that to supporters :) ); that's not what Ron stands for.
I don't think giving lesser known candidates any publicity is a good idea at all but I probably don't mind this Revolution V Romneycare thing that much as he's the one we need to beat for Ron to get the nomination but even that may have a negative impact on the morale of the people as we're surely not going to match his funds so I'd say stick to the issues & as has been said, "make it about Ron".

Paul Or Nothing II
06-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Also, the campaign really should start using the fact that Dr Paul is the only U.S. Veteran (that I'm aware of) in the race to their advantage. No more civilian presidents - recent history shows they are careless with the lives of others! America loves anything seemingly patriotic, and there isn't anything more legitimately patriotic than a U.S. Vet!

+1
May be we should use it as a theme for one of the moneybombs.

TheTyke
06-06-2011, 12:01 AM
This one was absolutely brilliant... many of the people we need voting for us DESPISE Obamacare, and having a Romneycare moneybomb highlights the similarities. He is also perceived as the frontrunner, and one that's not well liked, so it was the perfect move. However, many of these people like Cain and Palin so it would completely backfire to try it with either of them... not only turning off voters, but acting like they're significant. Let's avoid obscure topics like legalizing gold & silver, and stick to ones with broad appeal.

We should use them to hammer home points we want to make to win the Republican voting base. One of those points is that Ron is the only veteran running... would love to see a moneybomb that highlights that somehow.