PDA

View Full Version : Is it legal to hold a raffle? -- Also - looking for web developer

gerryb
06-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know if it would be legal to hold a raffle with this premise?

I have registered www.OperationIowa.com for promotion of the Iowa Projects (http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php). I would like to offer an incentive on this site to register your transaction ID in order to be placed in a raffle for RP gear.

I think this would is legal, as it isn't a payment for donating, and it also isn't to a specific person.. anyone know contrary?

Also, looking for web development and graphic design to get this launched =)

Carehn
06-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't know but you should set up a lotto instead. Half the pot to the ticket holder and half to the money bomb.

tangent4ronpaul
06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Also, looking for web development and graphic design to get this launched =)

For graphic artists, go to the yahoo group ronpaulgraphics. You could post a general plea for help, but I would suggest you looked in the file area instead and when you find someones work you like - e-mail them. You will need a yahoo account to access this content.

Check your PM's for web developer contacts.

-t

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Usually there are sweepstakes rules requiring a way for others to enter who have paid nothing, for these things. I don't know much about those rules, though. But that is where the 'no purchase necessary to enter' language comes in. I don't know if it applies to something where someone else gets the money.

gerryb
06-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Usually there are sweepstakes rules requiring a way for others to enter who have paid nothing, for these things. I don't know much about those rules, though. But that is where the 'no purchase necessary to enter' language comes in. I don't know if it applies to something where someone else gets the money.

Well, they aren't buying anything for the raffle, just proving they did something. I was thinking adding in actions to get raffle "points" as well.. promote on your fb wall, send an email, etc. then submit the action for an entry.. if that action won, then we'd just go verify the referenced action was in fact completed.