PDA

View Full Version : Ticker Idea: Total People Donated

ItsTime
06-05-2011, 07:01 PM
I am sure it can be done. How about the number of individuals that have donated or the number of donation transactions? It would give the media more to chew on.

Paulistinian
06-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I think this is a great idea, though I've no idea the logistics of it all.

anaconda
06-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Excellent. Average donation is good too since it highlights Ron's source of funding as the "little guy."

The Dark Knight
06-05-2011, 07:22 PM
bump

thehighwaymanq
06-05-2011, 07:26 PM
The campaign usually puts out a email afterwards with the number of donors / average donated.

QueenB4Liberty
06-05-2011, 07:28 PM
The campaign usually puts out a email afterwards with the number of donors / average donated.

I don't remember that email the last time.

R3volutionJedi
06-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I would like it isf they showed a map of the US and showed the counties that donations haven't taken place in.

mport1
06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I like this idea.

Thomas
06-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I think this is a great idea. However, I think our grassroots fundraising is in desperate need of innovation. We pioneered the moneybomb, but it's not new, not as exciting, and everyone uses it. Tickers for example. What happened to the 24/7 fundraising ticker? I think that encouraged donations. The meter on the ticker used to be a cool image like the statue of liberty, a thermometer, or picture of the constitution, but now it's just a line. And what happened to ronpaulgraphs? Those statistics were fascinating and tons of people checked it regularly.

The grassroots needs to unleash its creative energy.

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 09:08 PM
I think this is a great idea. However, I think our grassroots fundraising is in desperate need of innovation. We pioneered the moneybomb, but it's not new, not as exciting, and everyone uses it. Tickers for example. What happened to the 24/7 fundraising ticker? I think that encouraged donations. The meter on the ticker used to be a cool image like the statue of liberty, a thermometer, or picture of the constitution, but now it's just a line. And what happened to ronpaulgraphs? Those statistics were fascinating and tons of people checked it regularly.

The grassroots needs to unleash its creative energy.

This is an idea I had for the end of the month. We could just put up a thermometer or something on the site and have a goal for the end of the 2nd quarter.

speciallyblend
06-05-2011, 09:22 PM
I am sure it can be done. How about the number of individuals that have donated or the number of donation transactions? It would give the media more to chew on.

great idea but hey they never released last moneybomb amount of donors?

RonPaul101.com
06-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I like it, bring the grassroots aspect to the forefront...

UtahApocalypse
06-05-2011, 09:29 PM
what if rather then a money bomb we set up a donor bomb??

That could be the new concept that brings a new evolution to our fundraising strategies. Heck..... have the campaign set up some method where you can apply for a "tracking code" as you get donors set to donate you have them use your code. Maybe the top "recruiter" gets a signed Ron Paul book or something?

Galileo Galilei
06-05-2011, 09:31 PM
this needs to get done great idea.

Paulistinian
06-05-2011, 09:32 PM
what if rather then a money bomb we set up a donor bomb??

That could be the new concept that brings a new evolution to our fundraising strategies. Heck..... have the campaign set up some method where you can apply for a "tracking code" as you get donors set to donate you have them use your code. Maybe the top "recruiter" gets a signed Ron Paul book or something?

That would be interesting... A donor bomb where you donate only $1.00 to the campaign, just to show the vast number of supporters Ron Paul has now.

Thomas
06-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Also, why doesn't RPF and the DP sent out an email or two the day of the moneybomb? They have the ability to.

speciallyblend
06-05-2011, 10:38 PM
they need a ticker for the last moneybomb for amount of donors. i have not seen any numbers released from the last one with amount of donors!

mit26chell
06-05-2011, 10:43 PM
And what happened to ronpaulgraphs? Those statistics were fascinating and tons of people checked it regularly.

When I was first getting into Paul, these graphs of 07' on this site are what amazed me the most. They're unbelievable!
http://paulcash.slact.net/December-16th/

ItsTime
06-06-2011, 12:34 PM
bump to see if someone knows who to get hold of in the campaign to make this happen.

Trigonx
06-06-2011, 12:47 PM
That would be interesting... A donor bomb where you donate only $1.00 to the campaign, just to show the vast number of supporters Ron Paul has now.

don't wanna go to low just for the fact of transaction fee's

wizardwatson
06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I do like this idea, but I can see how it might lead to accusations that supporters were being fraudulent by making donations for family members and friends that weren't actual supporters or willing themselves to donate.

ItsTime
06-06-2011, 03:04 PM
I do like this idea, but I can see how it might lead to accusations that supporters were being fraudulent by making donations for family members and friends that weren't actual supporters or willing themselves to donate.

How? And how would that be any different than what they can say now?

wizardwatson
06-06-2011, 03:16 PM
How? And how would that be any different than what they can say now?

True, and I say we should still do it.