Pawlenty 1%
Paul 1%
Other 4%
Undecided 22%

Source: InsiderAdvantage
Margin of error +/- 5%

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 03:40 PM
This was last week. If you don't mind, I'm going to change your heading because there are two people who tweet everything on the forums far and wide, using the headings. The headings also come up as 'article titles' in google searches.

BlackTerrel
06-05-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm sure Herman Cain does better in Georgia than he would elsewhere.

That said these numbers seem off from everything else we have seen. I would be a bit skeptical.

wgadget
06-05-2011, 03:58 PM
LOL....Poll put out by WSB...Herman Cain's employer last year. He was a talk show host for several years there.

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 05:54 PM
LOL....Poll put out by WSB...Herman Cain's employer last year. He was a talk show host for several years there.

Maybe we need a 'phantom numbers' video thread for this guy like we used to run for Trey Grayson...

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Heck, this could even be seen as a positive. Since Ron's national poll average is about 10-12% it must be even higher in the other states, since Georgia is only 1% (I'm very skeptical of that number, though).

kah13176
06-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm honestly not skeptical at all. Georgia, the heart of the Bible Belt, land of poor as hell shanty towns that can still seem to afford at least two dozen churches. Most adults are socially conservative. The youth tend to be either parent clones or bleeding-heart liberals. Then, of course, you have the massive Obama base (of course) since 50% of American citizens don't pay income tax. You should see the amount of shit I get for being libertarian, and I haven't met a single other Ron Paul supporter in my area, minus a professor at the local college.

malkusm
06-05-2011, 06:32 PM
You should see the amount of shit I get for being libertarian, and I haven't met a single other Ron Paul supporter in my area, minus a professor at the local college.

You should use this! http://www.freedomatlas.org/

(Disclaimer: Still in Beta testing, may not work in Internet Explorer, some of the check boxes are a bit buggy....we're working on it, but you'll be able to manage.)

doodle
06-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Awsome.
Top 5 winners in this poll are cursers if I'm not mistaken. This helps explain demise of Republican party in GA.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Top 5 winners in this poll are cursers if I'm not mistaken. This helps explain demise of Republican party in GA.

But the Republican party of Georgia won every single last statewide elected office (Governor, Lt. Governor, Sec. of State, Sec. of Agriculture, Sec. of Labor, Commissioner of Insurance, etc., etc.) in 2010. Plus large, expanded majorities in the state legislature. :confused:

LisaNY
06-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Cain is surging no doubt. He is taking a lot of attention, and possibly money, away from the real constitutional/small government candidate.

speciallyblend
06-05-2011, 08:23 PM
But the Republican party of Georgia won every single last statewide elected office (Governor, Lt. Governor, Sec. of State, Sec. of Agriculture, Sec. of Labor, Commissioner of Insurance, etc., etc.) in 2010. Plus large, expanded majorities in the state legislature. :confused:

it is georgia doesn't mean much except the corrupt gop runs georgia!! personally the east coast AND GEORGIA are not a part of the Unites State of Colorado! i didn't realize there was a country east of denver?:)

speciallyblend
06-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Cain is republican code for obama's 2nd term!!

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 08:26 PM
This can't be right. I just saw 4 people in a ROW on the moneybomb ticker all from Georgia. No way in hell Ron only has 1%. They must have caught the low end of the margin of error.

reardenstone
06-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm honestly not skeptical at all. Georgia, the heart of the Bible Belt, land of poor as hell shanty towns that can still seem to afford at least two dozen churches. Most adults are socially conservative. The youth tend to be either parent clones or bleeding-heart liberals. Then, of course, you have the massive Obama base (of course) since 50% of American citizens don't pay income tax. You should see the amount of shit I get for being libertarian, and I haven't met a single other Ron Paul supporter in my area, minus a professor at the local college.

I live in Georgia and I'm an unofficial LP party supporter and mostly public about supporting Ron Paul.

Whereabouts do you live? Westside Atlanta here

Its okay but I would rather get the hell out to the farmbelt midwest of Big Sky country. I lived in Ann Arbor for a while too when I was a Democrat.

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 10:32 PM
This can't be right. I just saw 4 people in a ROW on the moneybomb ticker all from Georgia. No way in hell Ron only has 1%. They must have caught the low end of the margin of error.

I think you missed the part about this poll having been put on the company that until just recently was Cain's employer. By me, that makes it an 'internal poll'. Particularly since it is so different from any other poll I've seen.

kah13176
06-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Whereabouts do you live? Westside Atlanta here.

Close to the Alabama border here. Metro area tends to be more open-minded.

doodle
06-06-2011, 12:04 AM

When i say demise, I don't mean win/lose an election ; Dem party has demised too while it oversees America's fall while it holds almost all top offices. But your point is noted.

White Bear Lake
06-06-2011, 12:59 AM
I think the Midwest and the West is the future of libertarianism and the GOP in this country. I think we're much more likely to see an east-west political divide replace the historic north-west divide. Soon Georgia, NC, VA, Mississippi, etc will be safe Dem seats while the midwest is sliding more towards our side.

nobody's_hero
06-06-2011, 04:46 AM

And I'm convinced that the republicans here in Georgia don't want to keep the majority.

At least, the party leaders don't. They'll tell the mundanes to back a certain candidate and they'll do it.

Herman Cain is the one to beat.

I'm afraid we're not to be able to change a lot of minds within the robotic GOP membership itself.

Ron Paul supporters need to take advantage of the open primary system here and take the Old Guard by surprise with an army of independents and democrats.