PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Riot Police Shoot Woman

Magicman
06-05-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izX66veWc5s&feature=player_embedded

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 03:32 PM
This was not a positive protest. Idiots.

More than 500 demonstrators arrested after protests turn violent at G20 summit (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1289952/G20-summit-protests-turn-violent-500-demonstrators-arrested.html)

Daily Mail UK
28th June 2010

More than 500 protesters have been arrested by police in Toronto following mass riots at the G20 summit.

Police raided a university building and rounded up more protesters today in an effort to quell further violence at the global economic summit after black-clad youths rampaged through the city, smashing windows and torching police cars.

Many of those arrested were hauled away in plastic handcuffs and taken to a temporary holding centre constructed for the summit.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/27/article-1289952-0A388E7D000005DC-894_634x514.jpg

Yieu
06-05-2011, 03:34 PM
This was not a positive protest.

You do realize they left the patrol cars there on purpose in hopes that they would be damaged in order to justify using force, right?

TruePatriotFreedomLover
06-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Yieu is right. An excellent documentary is Into The Fire which can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zejD0UkMGGY
And Toronto G20 Exposed: http://torontog20exposed.ca/

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 03:44 PM
You do realize they left the patrol cars there on purpose in hopes that they would be damaged in order to justify using force, right?
Do you realize that's destruction of private property?

Protesters = Idiots.

specialK
06-05-2011, 03:51 PM

Protesters = Idiots.
Both sides were wrong. The detained were told they had no legal rights to lawyer and that martial law had been implemented. That's just wrong, no matter how destructive they were.

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Both sides were wrong. The detained were told they had no legal rights to lawyer and that martial law had been implemented. That's just wrong, no matter how destructive they were.

Welcome to Canada.

Yieu
06-05-2011, 03:54 PM

I do realize that. But the police set up a situation and got their expected result. I wouldn't be surprised if the first damage was done by agent provocateurs, just to help their expected result become realized. If you saw video of the event, you would know that the reasonable protestors were pleading with those who did damage to stop doing damage because they were only playing into the hands of what the police wanted, and what the police wanted was for their property to be destroyed so that they would have an excuse to use force.

Don't ignore the half of the problem that caused the problem and only focus on the resulting problem. There is more to the story than you might like to admit. No property should have been harmed, but the destruction of property was provoked by the police -- they wanted property to be destroyed so that they could hurt people. Try to see all sides of an issue. Both sides were wrong. But the majority of the protestors did not want to see any property damage and were trying to stop the property damage.

TruePatriotFreedomLover
06-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Frank how can you judge all of the protestors ? Less then 5% were damaging things. Most were there peacefully protesting.

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I do realize that. But the police set up a situation and got their expected result.

The police setup the trap and the protesters fell for it. This technique has been used to 1000s of years. This is nothing new and the police will do it on the future. Again, Stupid Protesters.

specialK
06-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Welcome to Canada.

That being said, I'm still happy to live north of the us border. But I don't involve myself in drama scenes.

Yieu
06-05-2011, 03:58 PM
The police setup the trap and the protesters fell for it. This technique has been used to 1000s of years. This is nothing new and the police will do it on the future. Again, Stupid Protesters.

Do we even know if it was protestors doing the damage? For all we know, it could have been cops wearing black face masks. Again, you are judging thousands of protestors for the actions of a minority, which may not have even been a part of their group. Don't you see anything wrong with setting up a trap like that with the desire to artificially defame a group so that others don't mind if you hurt them?

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Frank how can you judge all of the protestors ? Less then 5% were damaging things. Most were there peacefully protesting.
Okay... What was accomplished? Did the protest do anything positive?

Yieu
06-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Okay... What was accomplished? Did the protest do anything positive?

So the protesters are 100% in the wrong no matter what (even the ones that did no damage and/or pleaded those doing damage to stop), and the police 100% did nothing wrong?

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 04:14 PM
So the protesters are 100% in the wrong no matter what (even the ones that did no damage and/or pleaded those doing damage to stop), and the police 100% did nothing wrong?
I just said the protesters were stupid for falling into the trap.

Yieu
06-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I just said the protesters were stupid for falling into the trap.

That doesn't answer my question. Please answer my question in full, for all sides. What of the protestors that did not do damage? Further, what of the protestors that pleaded with those doing damage to stop? Were the cops not in the wrong for setting a trap? Bonus question: What if the cops did the first damage to encourage others?

I would very much like you to answer each of these questions without avoiding it. I am interested in knowing your position on each of these aspects. It appears that you are criticizing one side's mistakes while ignoring another side's mistakes... and also ignoring the fact that the majority did not do damage and many tried to stop those that did damage.

pcosmar
06-05-2011, 04:47 PM

Did the police kick this off, like they have in the past?
Have to wonder how many of the initial violent protesters were police or in the hire of police.
Once the mob mentality takes over they fade away.

http://stevebeckow.com/2010/06/canadian-police-again-use-provocateurs-to-incite-response

ClayTrainor
06-05-2011, 05:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2JmSK3H8tI

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Did the police kick this off, like they have in the past?

http://stevebeckow.com/2010/06/canadian-police-again-use-provocateurs-to-incite-response

This technique has been used for 1000s of years.

Yieu
06-05-2011, 05:41 PM
This technique has been used for 1000s of years.

That is not an answer to the question. Do you think that technique is moral or acceptable? Do you think no fault or blame lies on the police for using it? It would be nice to know the answers to all the questions I have asked. Are you being unfairly biased?

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 05:57 PM
That is not an answer to the question. Do you think that technique is moral or acceptable? Do you think no fault or blame lies on the police for using it? It would be nice to know the answers to all the questions I have asked. Are you being unfairly biased?

LOL. Corny questions!

Do you think that technique is moral or acceptable? NO.
Do you think no fault or blame lies on the police for using it? NO.

Will these questions change anything? NO.
Will the Government continue to use these techniques for a 1000 more years? YES.
Should people/protesters understand how the Government manipulates them? YES.
Will the people/protesters use more wisdom in the future? Probably Not.

Yieu
06-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks, that's all I wanted to hear. :) I think they are fair questions, and I am glad they were answered. It is only fair to judge all sides equally if we are going to be judging them.

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks, that's all I wanted to hear. :) I think they are fair questions, and I am glad they were answered. It is only fair to judge all sides equally if we are going to be judging them.
No, life isn't fair. Sorry.

Yieu
06-05-2011, 06:22 PM
No, life isn't fair. Sorry.

I never said I thought life was fair. But you can chose to be fair in your personal judgement. In post #21 you proved that you can be; in the previous posts you were being less-than-fair by passing judgement on only one side when multiple sides held blame.

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I never said I thought life was fair. But you can chose to be fair in your personal judgement. In post #21 you proved that you can be; in the previous posts you were being less-than-fair by passing judgement on only one side when multiple sides held blame.
I kinda blame the government by default so don't play this "I blame one side" game with me. The Protesters should know the Government WILL play dirty tricks and WILL use propaganda to get their goals accomplished.

Yieu
06-05-2011, 06:31 PM
I kinda blame the government by default so don't play this "I blame one side" game with me. The Protesters should know the Government WILL play dirty tricks and WILL use propaganda to get their goals accomplished.

It's good to know that. This is the fairest assessment yet. But in your previous posts it at least appeared as though you were only blaming the protestors, and since your initial posts were worded in that way, you received responses from multiple users who took what you said as it was written, as we had no way of knowing that you also believed what I just quoted above in this post. But now everything is settled. :)

And yes, the best way to overcome this is for more and more protestors to understand exactly what kinds of tactics agent provocateurs employ, so that they can defeat them by not responding in the way the provocateurs want them to respond -- by standing by the spirit of non-violent resistance. This message is important and should be disseminated to all protestors.

FrankRep
06-05-2011, 06:34 PM
It's good to know that. This is the fairest assessment yet. But in your previous posts it at least appeared as though you were only blaming the protestors, and since your initial posts were worded in that way, you received responses from multiple users who took what you said as it was written, as we had no way of knowing that you also believed what I just quoted above in this post. But now everything is settled. :)
I blame the protesters for not understanding how dirty the government can be. Yes, the government is evil, but the protesters were stupid.

Liberty Rebellion
06-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Someone needs to start a "white block" group of protesters to shadow the black block people and take them out when they start this crap. I guarantee you most of them are cops or paid provocateurs of the state

libertybrewcity
06-05-2011, 09:15 PM
when are protestors going to start dressing in riot gear too?