PDA

View Full Version : Moneybomb up to over $480,000 at not quite 2 pm EST when it goes over $500K I want to send

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 11:54 AM
it to drudge.

Meanwhile, have people been spreading word of it in other forums and on comments, etc?

rich34
06-05-2011, 11:59 AM
That would be a good idea, drudge covered Bachman's 250,000 dollar moneybomb so I don't see why he wouldn't cover Ron's especially considering he's doubled her effort in half a day. To bad we couldn't get a headline like that. I also think in the future we need to make a list of liberty/freedom type forums that are favorable to RP so that we can make them all aware of our moneybombs. A lot of times I believe people just don't know they're going on and therefore don't donate. I wish I had more time on my hands or I'd try to do all that myself, but with the wife and all....

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 12:04 PM
He posted Ron's last time. Bachmann's made $156K about, the first day, then opened a second day to try to get her goal. I don't know if she ever got it.

We have been posting a bunch but some 'liberty forums' seem less receptive because they are rooting for someone else, maybe. Anyhow, not as many are covering it this time.

Liberty Maven and The Humble Libertarian have covered it, and some tea party blog sites as well.

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah these money bombs have not been advertised well at all. Where's the cool websites? Where are the you tube videos? Where are all the youtube comments? I had NO IDEA about this money bomb until less than a week ago and I'm on these forums every day.

PBrady
06-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah these money bombs have not been advertised well at all. Where's the cool websites? Where are the you tube videos? Where are all the youtube comments? I had NO IDEA about this money bomb until less than a week ago and I'm on these forums every day.
They're becoming far too frequent, imo, and it lessens the impact of each one. People are less willing to spend more time on one because it always seems like there is another right around the corner.

GunnyFreedom
06-05-2011, 12:14 PM
OK, how about we don't put them so close and on short notice, but we actually come up with a known schedule?

Say (list offered for speculation) in 2011:

July 4th for liberty sake,
September 17th for the Constitution,
Remember November 5th (election day comes in one year from now),
and finally the December 16th Tea Party

As each one gets progressively better organized and publicized, they will grow in size. No?

GunnyFreedom
06-05-2011, 12:15 PM
They're becoming far too frequent, imo, and it lessens the impact of each one. People are less willing to spend more time on one because it always seems like there is another right around the corner.

I do get your point, but that's kinda exactly what the campaign needs. smaller more frequent donation waves. I don't think in the end they will be any less.

QueenB4Liberty
06-05-2011, 12:18 PM
OK, how about we don't put them so close and on short notice, but we actually come up with a known schedule?

As each one gets progressively better organized and publicized, they will grow in size. No?

I like this idea, Gunny!

Shane Harris
06-05-2011, 12:30 PM

those all sound really good except there is already a july bomb set for july 19th called the ready, AMES, fire moneybomb. nov 5 and dec 16 are perfect because most importantly everyone will make sure to out-do both bombs from 2007. september 17 is a good in between bomb also. it is important to have a steady stream like people have said. lots of smaller more frequent bombs and then a couple huge headline grabbers once the whole country is paying attention and in full campaign mode

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 12:34 PM

People were arguing about the date etc until Ron sent out his first email that he was doing it, but that was just a few days ago.

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
those all sound really good except there is already a july bomb set for july 19th called the ready, AMES, fire moneybomb. nov 5 and dec 16 are perfect because most importantly everyone will make sure to out-do both bombs from 2007. september 17 is a good in between bomb also. it is important to have a steady stream like people have said. lots of smaller more frequent bombs and then a couple huge headline grabbers once the whole country is paying attention and in full campaign mode

I think the September one should be earlier. Like mid/end of August. If it goes well we can wait until November and people can work up to a big one, but if it doesn't, we can squeeze in another before the end of the quarter in September. The ones through September are the ones Ron really needs to gear up his operation. The money came too late, last time, as I understand it.

However, we can focus on the next one after this one is over....

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 12:39 PM
People were arguing about the date etc until Ron sent out his first email that he was doing it, but that was just a few days ago.

We need to be more organized with these. From now on I propose we make a poll of potential money bombs in a general time frame, and vote which date is selected based on which gets the most votes. We can do this every month, to six weeks. It will make things much simpler, not just for us, but for the Ron Paul campaign.

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 12:42 PM
We need to be more organized with these. From now on I propose we make a poll of potential money bombs in a general time frame, and vote which date is selected based on which gets the most votes. We can do this every month, to six weeks. It will make things much simpler, not just for us, but for the Ron Paul campaign.

Check back in here tomorrow. I think there will be a lot of discussion about how to do it next time. There is a fundraising subforum now, and the discussions might be there so they don't drop off the page.

GunnyFreedom
06-05-2011, 12:52 PM

Yeah, I like Ames one instead since it's already in motion especially.

Sailing:

I like September 17th because it gives people some time to recover after July 19th, and it's 2 days after a good chunk o people's paydays, but leaves enough time for people to build up to November 5 and December 16.

And we are already doing well against 2007 so don't sweat blood when were not even off track, man. ;)

ETA - Not to mention September 17th is Constitution Day. That's where you really get freaks like me to put the money on the message.

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 12:54 PM
2007 isn't the benchmark, though, WINNING is the benchmark, and he didn't get his money early enough to use it effectively, last time.

I'm sweating it, but don't want to be unpleasant about it, either. The grass roots will work it out.

Anti Federalist
06-05-2011, 12:55 PM

+1776

Eric21ND
06-05-2011, 01:11 PM
I like July 4th as well.

Kregisen
06-05-2011, 02:39 PM
What's so special about july 4th??

GunnyFreedom
06-05-2011, 02:42 PM

It's easy to remember.

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Because as a matter of tradition from childhood for most people, it is used as a celebration of American liberty. The feeling is evocative. I like it too, but I'm trying not to for all the sensible reasons everyone tells me I shouldn't.

AgentOrange
06-05-2011, 04:55 PM
OK--here is a big problem with the moneybomb. I donated under my name...my spouse than goes to donate and the system rejects it, apparently because the addresses are identical (never mind the names, phone numbers, e-mails addresses, employers/occupations are totally different)

So, Ron is only going to get half of what we planned today. :(

eduardo89
06-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Donate to the Iowa Projects page! The donations count towards the money bomb and it guarantees your donation goes to our #1 priority! (http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php)

eduardo89
06-05-2011, 04:59 PM
OK--here is a big problem with the moneybomb. I donated under my name...my spouse than goes to donate and the system rejects it, apparently because the addresses are identical (never mind the names, phone numbers, e-mails addresses, employers/occupations are totally different)

Change the address by one number and pretend it was a typo ;)

AgentOrange
06-05-2011, 05:01 PM
mmmm....good advice from both of you! Thank you!

Maximus
06-05-2011, 05:07 PM
$800,000!

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 05:31 PM
$800,000!

Damn, looks like he'll fall short of a million if there isn't a massive surge. Push, people, push!

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 05:35 PM

steve bierfieldt is posting on the $1 higher iowa thread you could ask there or at donations@ronpaul2012.com OR call 1-800-RON-PAUL they are taking phone donations, and explain it.

SteveBierfeldt
06-05-2011, 05:42 PM
If it was the same address and the same donation amount, that may explain it. I believe the system will stop two back to back donations of the same amount. But wait a bit and try again.

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 05:47 PM
www.ronpaul2012.com DONATE BEFORE MIDNIGHT! <--set as facebook status

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 07:08 PM
He made just under $45,000 between 6:48 and 7:48 Central time. At this rate he will break a million around 10:30 PM central time.

Peace&Freedom
06-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Over $904,000 as of 9:15 pm.

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 07:34 PM
925k - 9:33

GunnyFreedom
06-05-2011, 07:37 PM
my guess is just under $1.2 million on the day. I thought so pretty early but was too chicken to say it. It seems to be bearing out though.

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Well, the harder we push now, the sooner he gets a million, and the sooner he makes some headlines.

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 07:57 PM
$945,388.76

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 08:03 PM
WTF? The counter just reset at $0.00 <-- what happened?

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Nevermind, we're at: $951,150.30

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 08:13 PM
It has stuck to 0 a few times today, for a few seconds.

White Bear Lake
06-05-2011, 08:23 PM
~$973K at 9:20 Central Time

GunnyFreedom
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
HUZZAH!!!i! HUZZAH!!!i! HUZZAH!!!i!

Anti Federalist
06-05-2011, 09:21 PM
HUZZAH!!!i! HUZZAH!!!i! HUZZAH!!!i!

1 Million?

BamaAla
06-05-2011, 09:32 PM
1 Million?

Over a million baby!

I just now got around to donating:

Amount: $250.00
Transaction ID: 28920****
Transaction date/time: 2011-06-05 22:31:17

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 09:32 PM
How is Ron Paul doing financially in this campaign compared to his 2008 campaign?

sailingaway
06-05-2011, 09:40 PM
A bit better at this stage, but that isn't the point. Last time he needed the money he got late -- early. We are trying to push it to the front end as much as we can, but only political junkies are really tuned in this early.

So we'll all be maxed out, but have to bring in new people. However, I don't remotely think Ron ran to just run the race he already ran and reach a few more people. I think this is an entirely different level of effort.

Galileo Galilei
06-05-2011, 10:04 PM
How is Ron Paul doing financially in this campaign compared to his 2008 campaign?

Ron raised $2.5 million in the 2nd quarter in 2007, that was considered a little better than expected at the time.

Matthew Zak
06-05-2011, 10:47 PM
A bit better at this stage, but that isn't the point. Last time he needed the money he got late -- early. We are trying to push it to the front end as much as we can, but only political junkies are really tuned in this early.

So we'll all be maxed out, but have to bring in new people. However, I don't remotely think Ron ran to just run the race he already ran and reach a few more people. I think this is an entirely different level of effort.

I know, I just want to figures to throw at people who think round 2 is just like round 1. I want to be able to say, "At this time in the last election, Ron Paul had only received X amount of money. This time he had THIS much. Now tell me he can't win." Ya know?

Matthew Zak
06-06-2011, 12:47 AM
I've been looking but I can't find any sites that have the information I'm looking for. Is this information available anywhere?