PDA

View Full Version : Did I max out?

Mani
06-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I've made the following donations this year:

$450 June 5th Moneybomb Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
$1800 May 5th moneybomb Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee.
$25 Feb 22nd Liberty PAC.
$250 Feb 13th Liberty PAC.

$2550 Total donated this year, I forgot about that $25 email blast he sent out until right now.

But does the liberty Pac count???

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 11:23 PM
liberty pac does not count but the exploratory committee debate day does count.

reduen
06-04-2011, 11:25 PM
I've made the following donations this year:

$450 June 5th Moneybomb Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
$1800 May 5th moneybomb Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee.
$25 Feb 22nd Liberty PAC.
$250 Feb 13th Liberty PAC.

$2550 Total donated this year, I forgot about that $25 email blast he sent out until right now.

But does the liberty Pac count???

Mani, you da man...

I plan to be with you soon... (maxed out that is...)

Cowlesy
06-04-2011, 11:29 PM
If you're single you can donate $2,500 for the primary right now, $2,500 for the general right now (he can't spend it though yet) and $5,000 to Liberty PAC.

$2,500 for the general will be returned to you if Ron does not win the Republican nomination for President.

tangent4ronpaul
06-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Mani,

could you please try ordering something from the store and having to contact them for help as you've maxed out and tell us what they say?

It's looking like they are charging for all campaign supplies this time, right out of the door and then providing them free (maybe?) if you max out. But this is going to totally change how much I "donate" and when - as probably all of those donations will be for supplies.

-t

Mani
06-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Cool!! I have another $250 to donate!!!

harikaried
06-05-2011, 12:00 AM
could you please try ordering something from the store and having to contact them for help as you've maxed out and tell us what they say?I tried sending an email to various @ronpaul2012.com addresses but none of them work. Any suggestions for how to contact?

freshjiva
06-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Cool!! I have another $250 to donate!!!

+1. Only in the Ron Paul camp do we see people get excited at the prospect of donating more.

libertybrewcity
06-05-2011, 12:17 AM
+1. Only in the Ron Paul camp do we see people get excited at the prospect of donating more.

!!!!

Mani
06-05-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm not the best candidate for ordering supplies, I hav no place to ship it. I'm a bit of a global traveler at the moment and every time I get snail mail or stuff delivered to my home back in the US, it's a major pain.

Mani,

could you please try ordering something from the store and having to contact them for help as you've maxed out and tell us what they say?

It's looking like they are charging for all campaign supplies this time, right out of the door and then providing them free (maybe?) if you max out. But this is going to totally change how much I "donate" and when - as probably all of those donations will be for supplies.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
06-05-2011, 01:35 AM
try 1-800-RONPAUL if it's about an order, someone might actually get back to you.

Well, whoever is maxed out - please try so we know what happens.

Mani
06-30-2011, 02:11 AM
OK, I'm officially maxed out.

Thank you for your generous donation to the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee. Your contribution to Ron will help fuel the fight to return this country to the principles that made it great.

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $250.00
Transaction date/time: 2011-06-30 03:10:44
Transaction ID: 293594498

angelatc
06-30-2011, 08:05 AM
If you're single you can donate $2,500 for the primary right now, $2,500 for the general right now (he can't spend it though yet) and $5,000 to Liberty PAC.

$2,500 for the general will be returned to you if Ron does not win the Republican nomination for President.

Are they accepting donations for the general? Last time they didn't want us to do that.

sailingaway
06-30-2011, 08:32 AM
You can donate to his congressional account as well. From what I hear that might free up some of what he has from earlier years to shift to the presidential campaign (I don't know the details but Bachmann's campaign has indicated it is shifting $2 million from her congressional campaign to her presidential account, per politico. I think Ron has about $1.7 million on hand in his congressional account from prior years that if we fund him for the upcoming election to his new jerrymandered district, he might be able to roll over.) Also, the TV ads noted in another thread, by the same team that did For Liberty and High Tide will be a good way to support Ron's campaign for those who maxed out, if people are looking for things to do.

tsai3904
06-30-2011, 08:45 AM
You can donate to his congressional account as well. From what I hear that might free up some of what he has from earlier years to shift to the presidential campaign (I don't know the details but Bachmann's campaign has indicated it is shifting $2 million from her congressional campaign to her presidential account, per politico. I think Ron has about $1.7 million on hand in his congressional account from prior years that if we fund him for the upcoming election to his new jerrymandered district, he might be able to roll over.) Also, the TV ads noted in another thread, by the same team that did For Liberty and High Tide will be a good way to support Ron's campaign for those who maxed out, if people are looking for things to do.

I think Bachmann is able to transfer funds from her congressional account to her presidential account is because she is not officially running for Congress anymore. Ron is still running for both Congress and the Presidency so his accounts must be kept separate.

sailingaway
06-30-2011, 08:55 AM
I think Bachmann is able to transfer funds from her congressional account to her presidential account is because she is not officially running for Congress anymore. Ron is still running for both Congress and the Presidency so his accounts must be kept separate.

Ah, I had asked about that, but someone thought it was because it was from prior years. She has until 2012 to decide if she wants to run.... oh, well. I don't know the story on that, myself, so I can't say anything definitive.

angelatc
06-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Ah, I had asked about that, but someone thought it was because it was from prior years. She has until 2012 to decide if she wants to run.... oh, well. I don't know the story on that, myself, so I can't say anything definitive.

I think that I learned last time around that Texas is the only state that even allows candidates to run for two offices simultaneously. I'm not sure that the money from the 2010 Congressional campaign couldn't be rolled over to the 2012 Presidential campaign even if he chooses to run for both offices again. Not sure that it can, either.

I'll go dig out my handbook and see what the laws say specifically, then defer to the Ron Paul lawyers ASAP when they interpret it differently.

sailingaway
06-30-2011, 09:48 AM
This is the ads thread I was talking about. It is a grassroots effort not coordinated with the campaign, but by a group with a great track record from the last campaign (you can ask them for their project page, it's impressive.) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300696-Grassroots-TV-ads-for-Iowa-It-s-on

Thargok
06-30-2011, 09:59 AM
From what I understand if you max out then anything that goes over can either be sent back or sent to a non-profit. Bachman cannot use more than like $1000 (the numbers seemingly change every election due to campaign finance reform) for a Presidential bid, and as any money that comes in for one campaign must be passed off in small increments (see above) or given to a non-profit.

A call to the campaign headquarters will confirm that purchases count towards your limit, however if you are maxed out they will find a way to get you a reasonable amout of items from the store. (I wouldn't expect $1 million worth of issue cards or bumper stickers)

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-30-2011, 01:10 PM
:eek: Wow! +1 rep! You're to be commended on your dedication to the cause of liberty. :D http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/icons/icon14.png