PDA

View Full Version : Question for people who support taxes?

Cutlerzzz
06-04-2011, 08:50 PM
For those here who support taxes of any kind(income, tariff, ect...), what do you believe the punishment should be for those who do not pay up? If some guy with no criminal record decided not to pay would you support putting him in jail?

Teaser Rate
06-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes. I do not believe that taxation can be a voluntary process.

dude58677
06-04-2011, 10:00 PM
First of all, the guy above me named "Teaser Rate" does NOT support Ron Paul and thus does not speak for Ron Paul supporters.

Second of all we believe in making government so small that an income tax would not be needed and only user fee's would be acceptable.

Kludge
06-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Nobody speaks for Ron Paul supporters except supporters for themselves, individually. Not that it matters... the OP didn't ask for the official opinion of "Ron Paul supporters" and Teaser Rate claimed nothing of the sort.

Apologies for going OT.

heavenlyboy34
06-04-2011, 10:02 PM
First of all, the guy above me named "Teaser Rate" does NOT support Ron Paul and thus foes not speak for Ron Paul supporters.

Second of all we believe in making government so small that an income tax would not be needed and only user fee's would be acceptable.
a "user's fee"? What is meant by this? If you are a Constitutionalist, you would argue that the government can only legitimately get revenue indirectly, such as from tariffs. ;)

squarepusher
06-04-2011, 10:04 PM
ok, lets give this scenario. In a country with no taxes, I create a town with special services on my own property, that I let people live on and take advantage of the services on, if they pay tax. They can agree to live here or not. Should I not allowed to be able to charge taxes?

dude58677
06-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Nobody speaks for Ron Paul supporters except supporters for themselves, individually. Not that it matters... the OP didn't ask for the official opinion of "Ron Paul supporters" and Teaser Rate claimed nothing of the sort.

Apologies for going OT.

My apologies as well.

dude58677
06-04-2011, 10:13 PM
a "user's fee"? What is meant by this? If you are a Constitutionalist, you would argue that the government can only legitimately get revenue indirectly, such as from tariffs. ;)

You're right. That is how the founders did it.