06-04-2011, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cm8ZLbyqXw

eduardo89
06-04-2011, 04:48 PM
noooooooooooooooooo. cooked meat sucks!

is steak tartar also banned?

MelissaWV
06-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Should be good enough to have that warning at the bottom of menus, which is a smart move by restaurants. It's right there. You can get sick from undercooked meats and eggs.

eduardo89
06-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Should be good enough to have that warning at the bottom of menus, which is a smart move by restaurants. It's right there. You can get sick from undercooked meats and eggs.

You can also get sick from cooked meat and eggs, why not ban those?

pacelli
06-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I live in NC. I think I'm going to go buy some raw, grass-fed organic beef and eat it. Going to wash it down with some raw milk.

eduardo89
06-04-2011, 05:13 PM
I live in NC. I think I'm going to go buy some raw, grass-fed organic beef and eat it. Going to wash it down with some raw milk.

You must be a terrorist.

MelissaWV
06-04-2011, 05:14 PM

Um, I'm saying there shouldn't be a ban. There is, however, a statistically higher chance of getting sick from things that have not gone through the cooking process. There is always a chance of cross-contamination, but meat is just ... more delicate, let's call it?

It's a good idea to have that warning from a private business point of view, because you have warned your public about the possibility of illness, and you can try to use that as evidence to your favor if some idiot orders 100% raw hamburger and eats it at the table and becomes violently ill.

pacelli
06-04-2011, 05:30 PM
You must be a terrorist.

Well, the DHS hasn't set up shop in our local Whole Foods.. yet. By the way, I cracked a raw cage-free organic egg over the meal. Things are tasting great so far.

eduardo89
06-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Well, the DHS hasn't set up shop in our local Whole Foods.. yet. By the way, I cracked a raw cage-free organic egg over the meal. Things are tasting great so far.

You do realize you're waiving your 5th amendment right to not testify against yourself by writing that?

RonPaulGetsIt
06-04-2011, 05:56 PM
You must be a terrorist.

Certainly a good candidate for some surveilance. Patriot act comes in handy.

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Geeze, why didn't I hear about this two months ago? a law in 1990 something? I could'a wrote a repeal and it'da probably gone through :mad:

They didn't start regulating this until the GOP legislature was up against crossover? wtf?

Crossover is the 9th. i wonder if I can gut a bill in time?

pacelli
06-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Would appreciate any help you can provide Gunny. I've eaten an entire raw meal and I feel better than ever! Zero symptoms! :)

eduardo89
06-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Would appreciate any help you can provide Gunny. I've eaten an entire raw meal and I feel better than ever! Zero symptoms! :)

You should crack a raw egg into your mouth in front of the State Capitol as protest. Or Glenn should do that on the House floor :p

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Truth is I can't do half the stuff I could do -- mostly because I still got no help. :( All by myself really, and all the staff will be scurrying on other people's bills. Not to mention my walking of H587 through. I had a great idea for a personal rights bill that included the Texas anti TSA stuff and was going to make an omnibus anti-intrusion bill, but these are the things other representatives have helpers to help accomplish, simply because there is not enough time in the day for one guy to do 5 things at once.

eduardo89
06-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Truth is I can't do half the stuff I could do -- mostly because I still got no help. :( All by myself really, and all the staff will be scurrying on other people's bills. Not to mention my walking of H587 through. I had a great idea for a personal rights bill that included the Texas anti TSA stuff and was going to make an omnibus anti-intrusion bill, but these are the things other representatives have helpers to help accomplish, simply because there is not enough time in the day for one guy to do 5 things at once.

You're all alone? No aides? Maybe people here can help you out putting bills together, researching, etc?

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't mean the LA position on that, I am still considering invisible and.... oh it's at the office. But replace the LA and that still leaves me much where I am at now regarding help. The replacement will be able to do a lot MORE sure, but so much of their time will still be taken with the mundane stuff that LA's HAVE to do...

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 06:16 PM
OK, I think I'm going to hire Norm Singleton's suggestion for an LA, and then try to get more donor money (supplemented with an internship) and hire an intern for the other side of it. the legal political ideological help

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't know how in hell I will raise that much money, but it has to be done. i could be doing SO MUCH MORE with another set of eyes ears hands and a brain.

eduardo89
06-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't mean the LA position on that, I am still considering invisible and.... oh it's at the office. But replace the LA and that still leaves me much where I am at now regarding help. The replacement will be able to do a lot MORE sure, but so much of their time will still be taken with the mundane stuff that LA's HAVE to do...

Apart from the mundane LA stuff, what are the most time consuming tasks you have to do?

pcosmar
06-04-2011, 06:24 PM

And from raw vegetables. Just ban food.

eduardo89
06-04-2011, 06:26 PM
OK, I think I'm going to hire Norm Singleton's suggestion for an LA, and then try to get more donor money (supplemented with an internship) and hire an intern for the other side of it. the legal political ideological help

When are the legislative sessions? I'd volunteer as a free intern (although that breaks minimum wage laws!) :p

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 06:34 PM
The LA handles pretty much all of the public contact, constituent services, and manages my calendar, and gets lunch when we get locked away in committees all day followed by session without 5 minutes to pop in the cafeteria, and sets appointments, and and and

The long session should end some point in July, but the LA has a job in the office year round.

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 06:52 PM
This is unAmerican.

InHuman, even.....

Ewwwww

I'm sure Monsanto and bigAgra had something to do with it. They don't want to have to have healthy cattle. They want it not to matter.

PaulConventionWV
06-04-2011, 08:24 PM

Organic meat tastes so much better! I told my family over supper that this would be the meat of choice in a free market society!

PaulConventionWV
06-04-2011, 09:16 PM

You don't get sick from raw vegetables. Not if they're organic and you wash them.

pcosmar
06-04-2011, 11:10 PM
You don't get sick from raw vegetables. Not if they're organic and you wash them.

I did not specify, organic or "homegrown".
There were recent "outbreaks" concerning raw vegetables and people getting sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5g3x_uNrc0

Here it was spinach and tomatoes.
Tomorrow it will be some other damn thing.

You don't get sick from raw vegetables
And I rather hate being called full of shit when I'm not.

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 11:13 PM
This is why we need the Farmer's Freedom Act. The States can trace these things better and faster locally. What the Federal level should do is use their genuine interstate commerce power to develop a national tracking system for overstate outbreaks, one that is so good the States want to model it's efficiencies. You can only do that by empowering the states to manage interstate commerce, and they will trace these outbreaks way way faster than Washington DC.

PaulConventionWV
06-04-2011, 11:31 PM
I did not specify, organic or "homegrown".
There were recent "outbreaks" concerning raw vegetables and people getting sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5g3x_uNrc0

Here it was spinach and tomatoes.
Tomorrow it will be some other damn thing.

And I rather hate being called full of shit when I'm not.

A little uptight are we? I'm just stating what I know for a fact. Not calling anyone a liar.

pcosmar
06-04-2011, 11:48 PM
A little uptight are we? I'm just stating what I know for a fact. Not calling anyone a liar.

Nope, just get annoyed.
More regulation is not going to do anything but muck things up more.
my comment about banning vegetables was "tongue in cheek".
Your comment that no one gets sick from vegetables

You don't get sick from raw vegetables
was just plain false.

All of their bullshit regulations will do is hurt businesses.
People will cook at home rather that go to a restaurant that cant cook a decent burger.

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Nope, just get annoyed.
More regulation is not going to do anything but muck things up more.
my comment about banning vegetables was "tongue in cheek".
Your comment that no one gets sick from vegetables

was just plain false.

All of their bullshit regulations will do is hurt businesses.
People will cook at home rather that go to a restaurant that cant cook a decent burger.

I wholeheartedly, and heartily, agree. I know it was tongue in cheek. I know the statement you quoted was false, which was why I specified "organic" and "wash them first." You can't get sick from clean, raw vegetables.

pcosmar
06-05-2011, 12:42 AM
I wholeheartedly, and heartily, agree. I know it was tongue in cheek. I know the statement you quoted was false, which was why I specified "organic" and "wash them first." You can't get sick from clean, raw vegetables.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_North_American_E._coli_outbreak
2006 North American E. coli outbreak

Cause of first outbreak
Spinach

The outbreak was traced to organic bagged fresh spinach—sold as conventional produce—grown on a 50-acre (200,000 m2) farm in San Benito County, California. Investigators with the Centers for Disease Control initially speculated that the dangerous strain of bacteria, E. coli O157:H7, originated from irrigation water contaminated with cattle feces or from grazing deer.

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 11:15 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_North_American_E._coli_outbreak
2006 North American E. coli outbreak

It was contaminated. That's why I said "clean."

pcosmar
06-05-2011, 01:41 PM
It was contaminated. That's why I said "clean."

Raw Vegetables. (you can't see E Coli) and you don't know if it is contaminated till you get sick.
Washing them does not help.
Cooking does, but then it is NOT a raw vegetable.
You can get sick from RAW Vegetables.(even organic) Fact backed up by science and history.

You can also get sick from raw oysters,, and I love raw Oysters.
;)

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Raw Vegetables. (you can't see E Coli) and you don't know if it is contaminated till you get sick.
Washing them does not help.
Cooking does, but then it is NOT a raw vegetable.
You can get sick from RAW Vegetables.(even organic) Fact backed up by science and history.

You can also get sick from raw oysters,, and I love raw Oysters.
;)

It's semantics, man. I meant a pure, non-contaminated vegetable, in its essence, is not capable of making you sick. Your body should be able to handle any bacteria that you may obtain from it if you are healthy enough. However, in today's world, many people's immune systems are weakened, so that doesn't help. If you know where your vegetables came from and they are not contaminated and they are raw and clean, they will not make you sick. Guarantee.

GunnyFreedom
06-05-2011, 05:11 PM
It's semantics, man. I meant a pure, non-contaminated vegetable, in its essence, is not capable of making you sick. Your body should be able to handle any bacteria that you may obtain from it if you are healthy enough. However, in today's world, many people's immune systems are weakened, so that doesn't help. If you know where your vegetables came from and they are not contaminated and they are raw and clean, they will not make you sick. Guarantee.

Well, there is e. coli that is supposed to be in your system, and there is e. coli that is not. The good stuff and the bad stuff both grow in the same place. A clean source of the good e. coli is certain yogurts like Activia. Since the good e. coli is really 'supposed' to grow on food anyway, if you go by our symbiotic relationship, that conditions are ripe for some bad e. coli to hit the wind. I would advise that no organic produce should be eaten raw unless you know the very specific nature of it's source.

pcosmar
06-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Well, there is e. coli that is supposed to be in your system, and there is e. coli that is not. The good stuff and the bad stuff both grow in the same place. A clean source of the good e. coli is certain yogurts like Activia. Since the good e. coli is really 'supposed' to grow on food anyway, if you go by our symbiotic relationship, that conditions are ripe for some bad e. coli to hit the wind. I would advise that no organic produce should be eaten raw unless you know the very specific nature of it's source.

It's semantics, man. I meant a pure, non-contaminated vegetable, in its essence, is not capable of making you sick.

I eat the veggies out of my garden just fine. In fact I don't really worry about the stuff from the store.
I have the stomach of a goat.
I also wonder something else, and was reminded by a post on your FB Gunny. Someone talking about Chemical Fertilizers.
I am wondering if folks are being conditioned to certain foods. and becoming intolerant of others. Losing our natural ability to counteract some of this stuff.

I mean ,,a few folks in Germany are getting sick. I am betting many more ate the same foods but did not.

But then,, I have the stomach of a goat.

eduardo89
06-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I mean ,,a few folks in Germany are getting sick. I am betting many more ate the same foods but did not.

I'm going to Germany this weekend, I'll let you know if I get sick

Dr.3D
06-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, that goes for any food.

You can't get sick from non-contaminated meat, eggs or fish either. Thing here is there is a lot of contaminated meat, eggs, fish and vegetables. That's what this thread is about.

Dr.3D
06-05-2011, 05:31 PM
I eat the veggies out of my garden just fine. In fact I don't really worry about the stuff from the store.
I have the stomach of a goat.
I also wonder something else, and was reminded by a post on your FB Gunny. Someone talking about Chemical Fertilizers.
I am wondering if folks are being conditioned to certain foods. and becoming intolerant of others. Losing our natural ability to counteract some of this stuff.

But then,, I have the stomach of a goat.

Well, there is something to that. My dogs can eat rotten meat and not get sick, but if I were to eat that same meat, I would probably die. I believe humans have lost a lot of their ability to eat tainted food. Some more than others.

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 06:08 PM

That sounds a little paranoid to me. If you are healthy, your body's immune system will handle it very effectively. But I do kind of agree about store bought vegetables. Garden vegetables are the absolute best because you know exactly where they're coming from.

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm going to Germany this weekend, I'll let you know if I get sick

If you do, it will be more likely from the awesome German beer rather than the veggies! :D:D

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, that goes for any food.

You can't get sick from non-contaminated meat, eggs or fish either. Thing here is there is a lot of contaminated meat, eggs, fish and vegetables. That's what this thread is about.

You most definitely can get sick from raw meat. It doesn't have to be contaminated to be unhealthy. I do eat meat, but humans really weren't meant to. It clogs up your digestive system and can certainly cause things like candida and result in a compromised immune system. However, that also depends on other factors, granted. The thing is, you never know where that animal has been, and as the saying goes, "you are what you eat." It's true, too. You can also very easily get sick from dairy products. We weren't meant to consume cow's milk, either.

eduardo89
06-05-2011, 06:22 PM
If you do, it will be more likely from the awesome German beer rather than the veggies! :D:D

Oh that was already planned. I'm going to be drinking this till I pass out:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3531/3283193059_bfc9442b73.jpg

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Oh that was already planned. I'm going to be drinking this till I pass out:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3531/3283193059_bfc9442b73.jpg

Nice! It's been a while since I've had German beer. Blasphemy considering my German heritage.