PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Spam

kylejack
10-29-2007, 11:15 AM
I now have two sources reporting Ron Paul spam that was received. I can't endorse this. If you're doing this, stop, because spam is not an effective way to promote something. It may be good for selling widgets because you don't have to worry about the non-purchasers hating your guts, but its not good for a political campaign.

RohanT
10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
don't judge me

ItsTime
10-29-2007, 11:20 AM
want to stop it? Send their IP address to the FBI

Danny
10-29-2007, 11:28 AM
I also just received what appears to be a spam email promoting Ron Paul. This is definitely a bad idea...

Here's the email. The subject is "Who Is Ron Paul? YjKZEow".

Hello Scott,

Ron Paul is for the people, unless you want your children to have human implant RFID chips, a National ID card and create a North American Union and see an economic collapse far worse than the great depression. Vote for Ron Paul he speaks the truth and the media and government is afraid of him. This is the last honest politican left to bring this country out of this rut from the War Profiteers and bush Administration has created. Get motivated America, don't believe the lies of the media he has also WON the GOP Debate On Sunday! Value Freedom and Liberty instead of corporate lies and corruption. Bypass this media blackout they are doing to Ron Paul, tell your family and friends and get involved in a local group at meetup.com make your voice heard! He will end the War In Iraq immediately, He will eliminate the IRS and wasteful government spending, and eliminate the Federal Reserve and restore power to the people and the only person not a member on the CFR. Can any other runner make these claims or give Americans the true freedom we were all raised to believe? We are all economic slaves to the banks and the illegal federal Reserve. This is why our currency is worth nothing because of Hidden Inflation Tax and the IRS taking everything you make!

** RON PAUL WILL STOP THE IRAQ WAR IMMEDIATELY! **

He has NEVER voted:
* to raise taxes
* for an unbalanced budget
* to raise congressional pay
* for a federal restriction on gun ownership
* to increase the power of the executive branch

He HAS voted:
* against the Iraq war
* against the inappropriately named USA PATRIOT act
* against regulating the internet
* against the Military Commissions Act

He will eliminate the IRS, Wasteful Government Spending & Stop The Iraq War Immediately!

Most importantly, he voted NO on anything in Congress that is not allowed by the Constitution. And he Despises any politican that does not do their job for the people and lives up to the constitution!

Google.com & Youtube.com Search: "Ron Paul"
Join The Revolution!

We Need A Real President That Will Restore And Protect Americans! Stop The War! Protect Our Borders!
*********VOTE RON PAUL 2008************
wSemtH

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
It could be opponents trying to cause hatred towards Paul. either way, it should be reported and stopped.

KewlRonduderules
10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
want to stop it? Send their IP address to the FBI

Exactly!

Any type of Spam is not appropriate.

freelance
10-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Exactly!

Any type of Spam is not appropriate.

Didn't I just say this yesterday (and get slapped down)?

KewlRonduderules
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Didn't I just say this yesterday (and get slapped down)?

I don't know. Did you?

:)

freelance
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't know. Did you?

:)

Yep! :rolleyes:

kylejack
10-29-2007, 11:36 AM
CAN SPAM Act does not cover non-commercial e-mail.

DrNoZone
10-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Get a GMAIL account and you'll receive next to NO spam. I get maybe 2 a week and they ALL end up in my spam folder.

kylejack
10-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Get a GMAIL account and you'll receive next to NO spam. I get maybe 2 a week and they ALL end up in my spam folder.
Right, but that's kind of beside the point. My point is, spam is not an effective way to promote a presidential candidate.

freelance
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
CAN SPAM Act does not cover non-commercial e-mail.

BTW, you're technically right. I just looked it up. It's still annoying as hell, and it's still spam and will be viewed as spam whether or not it's covered under CAN SPAM.

kylejack
10-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Right.

Question_Authority
10-29-2007, 12:21 PM
I now have two sources reporting Ron Paul spam that was received. I can't endorse this. If you're doing this, stop, because spam is not an effective way to promote something. It may be good for selling widgets because you don't have to worry about the non-purchasers hating your guts, but its not good for a political campaign.

Well, I know one group of people using SPAM and I have screamed at her (thru email) to STOP. Maybe someone on here knows her. Her name is Cynthia Jones, she is a Mary Kay rep, and she claims to have technology that can harvest the email address of anyone who visits the Ronpaul2008 web site.

Here is the first email I got from her:

Your assistance is requested.

I have a list of email addresses of folks who went to www.RonPaul2008.com. If you have high speed internet and a few moments each day, you could make a difference for Dr. Paul's campaign. Please consider taking 500 or 1,000 addresses. Simply send a friendly message to each address.

Please reply to this message if you'd like to help.

Thanks!

Cindy J.

P. S. Here is a sample letter you may want to refer to in drafting your own.
Hello.

My name is XXXXXX XXXXXX. I’m a supporter of Ron Paul, who is running for President.

Why support Ron Paul?

He’s the only Republican against the war in Iraq, In addition the top three Democratic contenders have stated that they would not commit to having all of our troops home by 2013.

He wants to reduce the size of government and reduce our taxes.

I’m hoping that you are interested in finding out more about Dr. Paul. There are many resources available on the Internet that can provide you with much of what you may want to know.

I’ve known about Ron Paul and supported his ideas for many years. Recently, I had a chance to meet him. He’s not like most other politicians. He’s the real deal.

He doesn’t spin; he doesn’t change his positions based on polling data. He has been a consistent advocate for liberty for his entire public career.

I don’t want to waste your time reading a long e-mail from a stranger.

My purpose in e-mailing you today is to provide you with a personal contact if you have questions about Dr. Paul, and also to inform you about other sources of information.

If you want to get personally involved in the campaign, the best way is through a local meetup group. Just visit the web site: http://ronpaul.meetup.com and enter your zip code. Chances are that you’ll find a meetup group in your area (there are over 1000 meetup groups for Ron). The local meetups are the heart of the grassroots campaign.

Of course, you can donate to the campaign ( http://www.ronpaul2008/donate ). While the campaign has already raised more than $7 million ($5.1 in the most recent quarter), Ron still needs more money to compete effectively with the rest of the field.

If you have any questions that you would like me to address, please feel encouraged to respond to this e-mail. I’ll try to provide an answer.

Thanks for your time.
XXXXXX XXXXXX

(Place your e-mail address here.)

Cindy's Mary Kay Model Makeover Project - 50 makeovers between October 1 and December 31, 2007. One of my models could be you!!!

Let the countdown begin ... 0 makeovers completed, 50 makeovers to go!!!

I laid into from there and she ended up being a real arrogant bitch who kept insisting what she was doing was ethical, blah blah blah. If any of you know her, slap her for me, OK? (Oh and by the way, I never asked her how she got my email address...so she might have some tool to actually be getting these email addresses as she claims...scary shit)

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-29-2007, 12:35 PM
I have some "contacts" in certain places that tell me the Ron Paul spam that is now flooding millions of people's inboxes is an attempt by anti-ron paul groups to make him and his supporters look bad.

They couldn't prove we "spammed" the polls and that we are "spammers" with our support; so they try to make us look like real spammers, the kind that send spam emails.

KewlRonduderules
10-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Yup. take a look here:

http://groups.google.com/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/browse_thread/thread/32cccba1a6a3329f/3c99276ecf7e9551

These spammers need to be tracked to see where it is coming from.

DrNoZone
10-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Right, but that's kind of beside the point. My point is, spam is not an effective way to promote a presidential candidate.

I know it was a sidebar post...and I agree with you on spamming for Ron Paul.

pcosmar
10-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Strange, I get E-mail from HQ, from meet-ups, and from another forum. I sometimes get one from blogger, flickr or YouTube.
The only spam I get are UK lottrries, Phishing, and folks that want me to have a bigger dick.(sorry, it's too big already)
I have never gotten any from Ron Paul supporters.
Now I feel left out.

MozoVote
10-29-2007, 06:58 PM
My mother got this spam e-mail at work today. It is for real.