PDA

View Full Version : Antiwar Radio: Scott Horton Interviews Ron Paul

Agorism
06-04-2011, 03:33 PM
http://antiwar.com/radio/2011/06/03/rep-ron-paul-18/

Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) discusses the two competing bills on Libya – Dennis Kucinich’s legally binding demand for withdrawal and John Boehner’s nonbinding suggestion that Obama seek Congress’s approval, eventually; the rising antiwar sentiment among Americans, reflected but not necessarily shared by their representatives in Congress; why the new 2011 National Intelligence Estimate on Iran should be declassified; the unyielding US foothold in Iraq; and the Fed bailout money that went to foreign banks, plus more shenanigans blacked out in the Fed’s document dump.

MP3 here. (10:47)

Congressman Ron Paul represents Texas’s 14th district. He is the author of Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom, The Revolution: A Manifesto, A Foreign Policy of Freedom: Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship and End the Fed. His archived columns for Antiwar.com are here.

Agorism
06-04-2011, 06:25 PM
bump

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Is this the same guy people were posting on about being so nasty to Rand? I understood from the posts there were two, but if this is the same guy, I'm betting Ron doesn't know.

low preference guy
06-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Is this the same guy people were posting on about being so nasty to Rand? I understood from the posts there were two, but if this is the same guy, I'm betting Ron doesn't know.

If Ron and Rand stopping talking to those who were nasty to the other, they would reduce significantly their press appearances.

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah, but how much does Ron care about this guy's show? As I understand it the man practically makes a living off trashing Rand. I don't listen to him, so I don't really know, but that was the subtext of the thread on that. And I think it will be a while before Maddow sees either of them.

low preference guy
06-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, but how much does Ron care about this guy's show? As I understand it the man practically makes a living off trashing Rand. I don't listen to him, so I don't really know, but that was the subtext of the thread on that. And I think it will be a while before Maddow sees either of them.

I think Levin was a lot nastier to Ron and Rand still talked to him. Maddow tried to portray Rand as a racist. That's a different level.

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 07:39 PM
meh, ok. I don't really know Horton. I just think it was pretty damned obvious Rand cares about the first and fourth amendment and that Horton was being gratuitous pretending he thought otherwise because Rand misspoke at the tail end of an interview all about how Rand wants more protection for the fourth amendment.

suoulfrepus
06-04-2011, 07:40 PM

Scott doesn't talk about Rand much.

He talks about Ron Paul all the time, though. He admires him a lot. He even has Ron Paul as his profile picture on Facebook.

Ron is on his show several times a year. I wouldn't be surprised he if also listens to the show. Ron Paul said that he visits antiwar.com every morning. He recommended the site in Liberty Defined.

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Scott doesn't talk about Rand much.

Well, I'll leave it at that, then. People were posting otherwise.

Agorism
06-04-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm not really offended if he trashes Rand in context.

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm not really offended if he trashes Rand in context.

It wasn't in context. It was only in the 'context' of the snippet of an interview thinkprogress cropped and circulated. 'Context' would have included how it fit into the interview.

Dreamofunity
06-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I love when Ron Paul goes on Antiwar. I generally think Ron's his best talking about the atrocity that is war.