PDA

View Full Version : Caffeinated Politics: Two Killers Died Yesterday! (Kevorkian/Keynes)

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2011/06/two-killers-died-yesterday-kevorkiankeynes/

Two separate-but-equal promoters of death, themselves, died Friday, June 3rd 2011. One, the infamous Jack Kevorkian, the famed “Doctor of Death” assisted suicide advocate, died peacefully at a Michigan hospital at the age of 83, and the other, John Maynard Keynes, famed British economist, who posthumously promoted the death of the United States’ economy with his Keynesian Economic Theories, who physically died in the flesh in 1946, officially and finally died at age 128 on Friday with the release of the Labor Department’s dreadful unemployment report, (only 54,000 jobs added of 200,000 expected, and unemployment rate actually going UP to 9.1) proving the 800 billion dollar Keynesian stimulus program that the US Congress passed in the winter of 2009 was an absolute, total failure, thus officially ending Keynes’ time here on earth.

More at link....

Vessol
06-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Didn't Keynes die in the 40's? That would make him the oldest man alive..truly Keynesian economics is more aptly called 'voodoo' economics.

Zippyjuan
06-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Hmm. Talking about a big stretch to try to connect two completely unrelated things. Exactly how many has Keynes killed?

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Hmm. Talking about a big stretch to try to connect two completely unrelated things. Exactly how many has Keynes killed?

Do we count the wars?

pcosmar
06-04-2011, 02:38 PM

Exactly how many did Kevorkian kill?
As I understand he only assisted in providing the means.

How many has he been proven to have actually killed?

or are you deliberately attempting to defend failed economic policy?
Or attack artistic license?

low preference guy
06-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Exactly how many did Kevorkian kill?
As I understand he only assisted in providing the means.

at least one.

On the November 22, 1998 broadcast of 60 Minutes, Kevorkian allowed the airing of a videotape he had made on September 17, 1998, which depicted the voluntary euthanasia of Thomas Youk, 52, who was in the final stages of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. After Youk provided his fully informed consent (a sometimes complex legal determination made in this case by editorial consensus) on September 17, 1998, Kevorkian himself administered Thomas Youk a lethal injection. This was highly significant, as all of his earlier clients had reportedly completed the process themselves. During the videotape, Kevorkian dared the authorities to try to convict him or stop him from carrying out mercy killings.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kevorkian#Conviction_and_imprisonment)

pcosmar
06-04-2011, 02:47 PM
at least one.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kevorkian#Conviction_and_imprisonment)

Ah,,OK then.
I was only aware if the assistance. That would seem to cross that line.

Now as to the death and destruction of economies,,,,,

low preference guy
06-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Now as to the death and destruction of economies,,,,,

I agree but it's not just Keynes. It's the thousands of idiots who follow him also.

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I just thought it was a comparison that made one think.....

pcosmar
06-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I just thought it was a comparison that made one think.....

Oh,,, I think about it all the time.
I was sentenced to 25 years for the theft of,,,,,less than $5000. (no sniveling,I was guilty)

But the theft of billions seems to go unpunished.

yeah, I think about it.

Vessol
06-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Oh,,, I think about it all the time.
I was sentenced to 25 years for the theft of,,,,,less than $5000. (no sniveling,I was guilty)

But the theft of billions seems to go unpunished.

yeah, I think about it.

You're a mundane. That's it in a nutshell.

ababba
06-04-2011, 11:34 PM
So now you guys are advocating the use of force to prevent people from taking their own lives now?

The empirical analysis here is terrible, for the reason that a lot of first cuts at economic empirical analysis are terrible. Economic events are not run as experiments.

We can't have two economies, with exactly the same people and resources and subject them to two different economic policies to see which one turns out better. As a result, we don't know whether the jobs numbers are bad because of the stimulus or because of some other factor that happened at the same time as the stimulus.

In other words, we can never run the counter factual of what the country would look like without the stimulus. It could have been worse and it could have been better. Obviously, the stimulus happened in the first place because we were already in a very deep recession.