PDA

View Full Version : $$ How to profit from a Ron Paul Presidency? $$

nullvalu
10-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Alright, so.. I'm sure the idea has crossed some of your minds, too.. I'm not an entrepreneurial opportunist but...

If Ron Paul becomes president, we'll see a lot of federal progams cut. There will likely be new opportunities opened up to the private sector that had been run by federal agencies that will be phased out.

So, why not benefit from it? Does anyone have any plans here to form a business up around a new market space created by phasing out federal agencies & programs if libertarian ideals catch on?

:cool:

spivey378
10-29-2007, 10:10 AM
im going to start growing and selling drugs. gambling and prostitution as well.

nullvalu
10-29-2007, 10:12 AM

wtf.. libertarianism != anarchy.. there will still be state laws to deal with.. lol

Man from La Mancha
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Good that should drive the price way down.:)

Adamsa
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM
It'd be a while before the programs are phased out, but yeah, I can definately see business opportunities.

DjLoTi
10-29-2007, 10:17 AM
I want to go big with Ron Paul radio :)

Daily Paul could be the next big thing ;)

ghemminger
10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Nice post - This is way early but very visionary - I think bulding LIB type media Portals first on the internet might be huge - re RPR I am already seeing interest from commercial interests to reach our audience.

Elwar
10-29-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm going to open a private IRS.

ghemminger
10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Def. opportunities in the drug industry with the liberalization and aging of the baby boomers

nullvalu
10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I know, but I'm young.. Plenty of time to scheme.. ;) I'm a software developer.. Wouldn't hurt me to start developing something now.. Just need some ideas..

mkrfctr
10-29-2007, 10:25 AM
I've always wanted to be a snake oil salesmen. You know those poor snakes just haven't had anyone working to corner their market of oil purchases. They are not naturally slimy as some may think, it takes a good bit of effort and quality product. I'll be that salesman.

Tidewise
10-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Auctioning off tax accountant office equipment and furniture.

nullvalu
10-29-2007, 10:36 AM
I've always wanted to be a snake oil salesmen. You know those poor snakes just haven't had anyone working to corner their market of oil purchases. They are not naturally slimy as some may think, it takes a good bit of effort and quality product. I'll be that salesman.

lol! nice.. in fact i just watched something about snakeoil salesmen, most of that stuff was opium based (morphine), and what killed the industry was a federal law that forced manufacturers to list drug ingredients..

me3
10-29-2007, 10:42 AM
General Discussion?

jointhefightforfreedom
10-29-2007, 10:46 AM
IRS liquidator

SWATH
10-29-2007, 10:53 AM

We already have one.:D

SWATH
10-29-2007, 10:54 AM
I am going to open a private federal reserve bank. haha

rodent
10-29-2007, 10:57 AM

I laughed so hard at this post. Made my day.

Ninja Homer
10-29-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm opening Disneyland Gitmo.

Seriously though, there will be a huge demand for "Ron Paul Republicans" in all levels of government. You didn't think the Ron Paul Revolution would end once Ron Paul is President, did you? We still have to take over at least the House and Senate. :D

IowaSupport
10-29-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm going to get $875 dollars from my $15 bet once Ron Paul wins the presidency.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-29-2007, 11:12 AM
This thread is what the long term goal of www.RonPaulsRebels.com is all about...

My expertise is 'eliminating traffic congestion', 'advanced driving skills', etc...

I'll revolutionize drivers education, eliminate irrational traffic laws and create free travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a part of it by signing up at www.ronpaulsrebels.com

I'm %$*&ing serious. I've been studying and mastering this knowledge for 15 years now.

A Ron Paul Rebel

spivey378
10-29-2007, 11:38 AM
sad thing is im about ready to take a job that involves tax credits for r&d for engineering companies. hopefully by sometime in 2009 i dont have a job.

Taco John
10-29-2007, 11:43 AM
If I was able to keep all of my income taxes, my wife wouldn't have to work and could stay at home raising our son and future children. A Ron Paul presidency would benefit my family tremendously if he could get his goals accomplished.

nullvalu
10-29-2007, 12:55 PM
If I was able to keep all of my income taxes, my wife wouldn't have to work and could stay at home raising our son and future children. A Ron Paul presidency would benefit my family tremendously if he could get his goals accomplished.

Oh dude tell me about it.. We can barely afford to keep my wife at home to raise our 3 children.. It's important to us but we've been barely scraping by for the past 5 years.. it's tough.. If I didn't have to pay an income tax I wouldn't have to worry about my making my mortgage payment each month.

LibertyEagle
10-29-2007, 12:58 PM

Well, that ought to attract a lot of Republicans to our cause. :rolleyes:

austin356
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
There is one way to profit from a Ron Paul Presidency that is in a completely different league than all this other talk.

Buy Gold. If competition to FRNs happens then the demand for gold will go through the roof. The supply of gold is limited and more cannot be "created out of thin air", thus is if the supply is inelastic and the demand goes through the roof, so do the prices. Similar to buying oil back in 2000.

OptionsTrader
10-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Alright, so.. I'm sure the idea has crossed some of your minds, too.. I'm not an entrepreneurial opportunist but...

If Ron Paul becomes president, we'll see a lot of federal progams cut. There will likely be new opportunities opened up to the private sector that had been run by federal agencies that will be phased out.

So, why not benefit from it? Does anyone have any plans here to form a business up around a new market space created by phasing out federal agencies & programs if libertarian ideals catch on?

:cool:

Buy stock in companies he is invested in.

ABX and other gold miners...

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/summary.asp?id=N00005906&cycle=2008

ABX chart:

http://i20.tinypic.com/244e5is.gif (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=ABX)

conner_condor
10-29-2007, 05:48 PM

You mean that is not legal to do now?:eek:

spivey378
10-30-2007, 03:29 PM
You mean that is not legal to do now?:eek:

head explodes

AlexAmore
10-30-2007, 03:52 PM

Already been done...called the mob.

I'm going to open up a private U.N!....oh wait.

freedominnumbers
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, that ought to attract a lot of Republicans to our cause. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. Republicans love prostitutes. Especially the evangelical ones in leadership roles.

johngr
10-30-2007, 04:34 PM

I don't think he ever said he will legalize extortion.

pcosmar
10-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Just give me back Freedom.
I'll take it from there.

RP4ME
10-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Absolutely. Republicans love prostitutes. Especially the evangelical ones in leadership roles.

well okay but please be specific .... you mean the male kind ;)