PDA

View Full Version : Hey New Hampshirites! Compared to other cnandidates, how is Ron doing with ads?

Starks
10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Compared to Rudy McRomneyson, how often are Ron ads (official and grassroots) being run?

Taco John
10-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Isn't the ad just starting today?

jgmaynard
10-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah - give it a chance here. LOL. The ads just started today. :)

But if it is going to be anything like the lawn sign ratio, we'll be all set. :D

If it goes down with the official ads and the PAC ads the way I think it will, I don't think anyone in this state is going to be able to turn on their TV or radio, or go for a drive, or read a newspaper or get their mail without seeing Ron's name at least once. :D

JM

Starks
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Has Rudy McRomneyson already saturated the market with their ads?

Green Mountain Boy
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I see Romney ads all the time even though I"m not in NH because the major network channels ABC, NBC, CBS & Fox in New England all emanate from Boston. Maybe I'll see some Ron Paul ads? Who knows.

Romney is the only Republican of which I've seen an ad for.

Who was it that saw the first ad today in NH? What channel was it on?

ghemminger
10-29-2007, 10:04 AM
1+ Millione for this TV AD campaign - truly amazing the cost....I keep thinking about this - Buchanan won NH and went on to lose in SC and beyond...Does NH really matter that much? What are the plans for the other primaries and beyond. If we blow a MIL in each primary and witht e current fundraising I can see the war chest being depleted quickly....

ghemminger
10-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I see Romney ads all the time even though I"m not in NH because the major network channels ABC, NBC, CBS & Fox in New England all emanate from Boston. Maybe I'll see some Ron Paul ads? Who knows.

I don't understand this - So when they say NH ADs what they mean is NEw England?

kylejack
10-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Romney's running a ton of ads. Rudy's running zero. McCain has made the state a priority, but not sure how many ads he's run.

LizF
I don't usually watch morning TV, so it was really a fluke that I saw the RP ad this morning on WMUR.

When I watch TV (not that often), Romney seems to be running the most ads; seems like I see at least 1/hr whenever I watch.

I see a fair number of McCain, Obama, and Hillary ads.

I haven't seen any Rudy or Thompson ads yet.

I occasionally see a Richardson ad. Some months ago, I saw Dodd ads in the very late night / early morning hours.

I usually watch or tape Nightline, which airs at 11:30 pm here. Almost every evening there are Romney, McCain, Hillary, and Obama ads which run during and after it.

Green Mountain Boy
I don't understand this - So when they say NH ADs what they mean is NEw England?

It depends I think. Don't take my word for it because i'm not sure on this, but with broadcast you will end up getting the surrounding states. With cable, you can target more specifically in NH.

Drknows
10-29-2007, 10:07 AM

Rudy doenst care about NH. Hes focusing on other states.

Starks
10-29-2007, 10:08 AM
We need to buy some prime-time ad space...

Green Mountain Boy
10-29-2007, 10:09 AM

Rudy's riding on his name recognition alone and the lovefest Fox News has going for him.

LizF

Who was it that saw the first ad today in NH? What channel was it on?

Channel 9 / WMUR just after 8 am -- during Good Morning America.

stevedasbach

Romney is spending buckets of money to buy ads in the Boston market, which reaches into New Hampshire. New Hampshire only has one network TV station WMUR (an ABC affiliate).

My guess is that the Paul campaign is spending its money in New Hampshire (WMUR and cable), not on the Boston stations.

Green Mountain Boy
10-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Channel 9 / WMUR just after 8 am -- during Good Morning America.

I get this station in VT. It will be interesting to see if Paul's ads are on the Boston market also.

jgmaynard
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
There seem to be a lot of ads for Romney (who is our biggest advesary here by far), several for Obama and Hillary, and a few for McCain. I watch cable TV way more than network TV however. I'm fully expecting to see Paul ads starting anytime now.

JM

wfd40
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM

months later, the whole rudy mcRomneyson soundbite still delivers a quality Lol... whats more, its a great way to 'type-cast' the other canidates - sorta like what the Repubs did to "flip-flopper" Kerry.

:)

margomaps
10-29-2007, 10:23 AM

For a guy who doesn't care about NH, he sure visits the state a lot more than Dr. Paul. :(

I'm going to trust that Ron and his staff have the right strategy for NH though. Hopefully this ad blitz (radio ads which started a couple weeks ago, newspaper ads which the PACs have been buying, and the new TV ads) will really signal the beginning of a period where NH gets to know Dr. Paul much better.

Starks
10-29-2007, 10:24 AM
How many cable ads are we running?

ItsTime
10-29-2007, 10:51 AM
ive seen mostly clinton and mitt ads here. You think the Ron Paul ads are bad the Mitt ones scream big money liar.

DeadheadForPaul
10-29-2007, 11:12 AM
when I saw the pictures of this booklet, I did a little victory dance

talk about WELL EXECUTED.

We're walking the walk of a top tier campaign. I can't wait to get my hands of some of these to send to family members and such. This will work GREAT with my aunts, grandparents, uncles, etc

Green Mountain Boy
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
when I saw the pictures of this booklet, I did a little victory dance

YouTube or it didn't happen. :D

ItsTime
10-29-2007, 12:22 PM
I just saw the Ron Paul ad on MSNBC it looks much better on HD wide screen than it does on youtube :)

SWATH
10-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Is it possible that the NH ads are already having an effect?

Check this out!
http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/donors.html

ItsTime
10-29-2007, 12:27 PM
campaign sent out an email asking for money.

Check this out!

SWATH
10-29-2007, 12:28 PM
campaign sent out an email asking for money.

Yes I know. Look at the link. It is the donations per state in the last 24 hours. New Hampshire is off the charts, I can't recall it ever being that green before.

ItsTime
10-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Oh sorry I did not look at that chart :)

Now that I look at it you are RIGHT wow!

Yes I know. Look at the link. It is the donations per state in the last 24 hours. New Hampshire is off the charts, I can't recall it ever being that green before.

jpa
10-29-2007, 12:36 PM

Check this out!

edit: nevermind

margomaps
10-29-2007, 12:38 PM

Well, to put it in perspective, that chart shows 6.8 donors per million in the last 24 hours. There are about 1.3 million people in NH. So apparently 8 to 9 NH folk donated in the last 24 hours.

What this tells me is that about 1-2% of NH's Ron Paul meetup people donated in that period, based on an estimated 600-700 meetup members statewide.

I'm just sayin'...sometimes stark reality is less fun than the alternative. :)

ItsTime
10-29-2007, 12:40 PM
still higher than any other state.

Well, to put it in perspective, that chart shows 6.8 donors per million in the last 24 hours. There are about 1.3 million people in NH. So apparently 8 to 9 NH folk donated in the last 24 hours.

What this tells me is that about 1-2% of NH's Ron Paul meetup people donated in that period, based on an estimated 600-700 meetup members statewide.

I'm just sayin'...sometimes stark reality is less fun than the alternative. :)

margomaps
10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
still higher than any other state.

True. So that means the donation rates for other states really, really stink. ;)

No fear though. I'm not into doom & gloom. We're still on pace to shatter last quarter's numbers, and I think the numbers will only improve as Ron gets more exposure.