PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: 53% View Government As Threat To Individual Rights

sailingaway
06-03-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2011/53_view_government_as_threat_to_individual_rights

Over half (53%) of Americans now believe the federal government is more of a threat to individual rights than a protector.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that just 33% of Adults believe the government is more of a protector of those rights. Fourteen percent (14%) are not sure.

In a survey nearly a year ago, 48% believed the government was a threat to individual rights, while 37% saw the government as a protector.

Pericles
06-03-2011, 01:45 PM
A trend which should allow us to appeal to more of the citizenry.

RCA
06-03-2011, 01:47 PM
The other 47% works for the gov.

trey4sports
06-03-2011, 01:56 PM
The other 47% works for the gov.

lol. Funny

Schifference
06-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for your thoughtful note regarding the PATRIOT Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support efforts to extend the provisions of the PATRIOT Act that are expiring this year. Senior officials at the Department of Justice have argued that the act provides valuable authority which, when exercised responsibly and with proper oversight, enhance the safety and security of the American people.

I am pleased that the Obama Administration has indicated its support for proposals that enhance protections for civil liberties and privacy while maintaining the effectiveness of our intelligence operations. I will consider any such proposals, as long as they do not undermine the operational effectiveness of our intelligence gathering system.

I am honored to serve as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which oversees the administration of the PATRIOT Act. You can be assured that as your Senator, I will continue to fight to ensure that law enforcement officials have access to all of the tools they need in order to combat the threat of terrorism, and that they utilize those tools appropriately. I will always support efforts to keep our nation safe from harm.

Thank you again for your message. Please feel free to contact me in the future with any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Richard Blumenthal
United States Senator

R3volutionJedi
06-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for your thoughtful note regarding the PATRIOT Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support efforts to extend the provisions of the PATRIOT Act that are expiring this year. Senior officials at the Department of Justice have argued that the act provides valuable authority which, when exercised responsibly and with proper oversight, enhance the safety and security of the American people.

I am pleased that the Obama Administration has indicated its support for proposals that enhance protections for civil liberties and privacy while maintaining the effectiveness of our intelligence operations. I will consider any such proposals, as long as they do not undermine the operational effectiveness of our intelligence gathering system.

I am honored to serve as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which oversees the administration of the PATRIOT Act. You can be assured that as your Senator, I will continue to fight to ensure that law enforcement officials have access to all of the tools they need in order to combat the threat of terrorism, and that they utilize those tools appropriately. I will always support efforts to keep our nation safe from harm.

Thank you again for your message. Please feel free to contact me in the future with any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Richard Blumenthal
United States Senator

He's my senator too.....ugh....Where's Peter Shieff when you need him.

Anti Federalist
06-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Dear Mundane,

Fuck. Off.

Regards,
The Ruling Class

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Sincerely,

Richard Blumenthal
United States Senator

Bryan
06-03-2011, 03:00 PM
I will always support efforts to keep our nation safe from harm.
Always?! Regardless of cost? That would be a part of "always"....

It's so sad that this qualifies as acceptable senatorial level propaganda.

mport1
06-03-2011, 03:10 PM
The federal government has never protected anybody's rights, only infringed on them.

Schifference
06-03-2011, 05:16 PM
I never sent him a letter supporting the Patriot Act. I supported Schiff. Blumenthal is a piece of shit.

Anti Federalist
06-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I never sent him a letter supporting the Patriot Act. I supported Schiff. Blumenthal is a piece of shit.

Pretty sure that's understood.

Nobody read shit from you.

They just auto generated a reply.

Now you'll get donation letters for the rest of your life from him.

awake
06-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Dear Mundane,

Fuck. Off.

Regards,
The Ruling Class

Lol

ChaosControl
06-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Government is the greatest assaulter of rights the world has ever known.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2011, 11:49 AM
///