PDA

View Full Version : We need to fix the attitude

JerzieJennie
10-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Ok, I'm venting.
But, here's the summary of my thoughts:

"BE NICE, PEOPLE!"

I think that we need to go back to our respective meetup groups and have a serious discussion about our collective behavior.

It is not necessary to write 1,000 letters to a magazine if they dont agree with Ron Paul. That just irritates them and makes them not want to cover them, and gives them fuel for their fire about how "crazy" Ron Paul supporters are... (BE NICE!)

When you are out on the street handing out literature or speaking with people about people, DONT GET IN AN IRRITATED ARGUMENT! You make yourself look militant and angry. (BE NICE!)

And who are these people that are writing posts calling people names and making aweful childish accusations? Are they actually 16 year olds or, is it an outsider trying to make us look foolish? (BE NICE!)

People are a lot more receptive to someone with a smile on their face that looks happy about the hope for America - rather than the pissed off supporters that make them want to run away.

Just some things to think about. I think that the people that are giving the attitudes and going over the top about writing letters and emails are starting to hurt the campaign way more than they are helping.

Anyone else want to vent?

James R
10-29-2007, 10:11 AM
I have another vent... people are getting labeled trolls on this board just because they don't say things just the way other people want you to say them. If you don't like what someone has to say then *talk to a moderator* instead of calling them names. And yes calling someone a troll is insulting, obviously. Anyone who works with the nosy bossy person knows that some people are just annoying without trying to be. The fact is you can't really know if someone is just annoying or if they are actually trying to be annoying. In my case I find people who are quick to call "troll" the MOST ANNOYING. They are just causing more problems and are being trolls themself by doing so.

TVMH
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
This problem is solved easily enough.

Just follow the golden rule: Treat others the way you would want to be treated.

We all have unique intellectual interests, motivations, and capabilities...and that's OK.

I agree with the OP...just be nice. :)

DjLoTi
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Posts about -
Not donating enough
The TV ads
Ron running 3rd party
Crazy VP ideas

annoy me. And yeah, if you call somebody a troll, make sure you look up all their post history before you start throwing labels around. That John guy was ... wow what a troll lol

Bruehound
10-29-2007, 10:17 AM
To a large extent these boards are an unproductive use of time--particularly in this phase of the campaign.

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
To a large extent these boards are an unproductive use of time--particularly in this phase of the campaign.

I come here for indepth news on the grassroots campaign, to form and implement ideas, and to socialize with new found friends...
when you are here for those reasons, its easy to spot the people who are here for negative reasons.

KewlRonduderules
10-29-2007, 10:35 AM
I come here for indepth news on the grassroots campaign, to form and implement ideas, and to socialize with new found friends...
when you are here for those reasons, its easy to spot the people who are here for negative reasons.

Exactly.

If one expresses too much disapproval, negativity, and curses out others to make their point, immediately the thought of a possible troll should come into mind. We have had various troll posters infiltrate these forums and it is important to be vigilant.

We have to play offense instead of defense now. Let's ruffle up their feathers so they do not even think of trying to break-up this grassroots campaign.

Some will be labeled trolls even when they are not. However, this should send a message to the person in question that thay are not being constructive, productive, and/or presenting anything new that is meaningful. Change the tone- ever hear of constructive criticism?

Too much negativity disrupts everything.

Remember playing offense is much better than defense. Let them try to defend themselves if singled out.

This is the way to handle such threaders!

:cool:

speciallyblend
10-29-2007, 10:57 AM
I challenge someone to show proof that a Ron Paul supporter has done something other then hearsay?? i have some instances were people are upset here or say the wrong things ,but please someone show me any proof of a ron paul supporter actually doing something wrong or offensive other then hurting a rudy supporter feelings because they dont have any grassroots support?? even if you found one case its nothing compared to all the GOOD done by RON PAUL SUPPORTERS ,so far all i hear is HEARSAY

Brinck Slattery
10-29-2007, 10:59 AM
I've seen Ron Paul supporters acting obnoxious or confrontational with people. It's the risk you run when you have a campaign populated by very enthusiastic volunteers - and frankly "there are some annoying Paul supporters" is a lot better than "I can't find any other Paul supporters." But in general, campaign like Ron Paul does, remember the golden rule, and the grassroots will be fine.

Bryan
10-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Some will be labeled trolls even when they are not.
From my view, there are no trolls, only troll activity. The guidelines are designed to minimize it- the intent of the user doesn't matter.

Too much negativity disrupts everything.
Which is why pointless negativity is a violation of the forum guidelines. Constructive criticism is good however.

The guidelines:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Cheers! :)

paulitics
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
I have another vent... people are getting labeled trolls on this board just because they don't say things just the way other people want you to say them.

Agreed.