PDA

View Full Version : C-SPAN Live House is Voting on 2 Libya Resolutions Kucinich's & a NEOCON Boehner Version

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 08:34 AM
This game is so rigged... John Boehner needs to go.

LIVE VIDEO: http://c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN/

You can call in to voice your opinion opposing the Libyan War

GOP: (202) 585-3885
DEM: (202) 585-3886
IND: (202) 585-3887

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Wow... Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) 18th district debating on the republican side just said,

"If we pull out of Libya, Libya will spiral out of control and become a threat to the US."

War is Peace by these clowns

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 09:07 AM
rep. Dan Burton (R-IN) Retroublican representing Indianapolis metro district, says he's supporting the John Boehner Measure, not Kucinich's

belian78
06-03-2011, 09:11 AM
This country has gone completely batshit crazy. At this point, I'm just enjoying the time with my family until all hell breaks loose.

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Bill Young (R-FL) ReTroublican of the chairman of the defense appropriations sub-comittee.

More BS: rep. Young, "Support Our Troops" vote for the Boehner amendment only bits and pieces of the cost of the Libyan War... what we have just in bits, $750 Million alone. It's important to vote for the Boehner amendment to support our Constitution... :rolleyes:

PS: Support Our Troops used 4 times in 3 minutes :rolleyes:

Steve Stiver (R-OH) 15th district glorified by Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) intro: ...as a distinguished 26 year veteran with the US Army... blah blah Retroublican Steve Stivers (Ohio) in support for Boehner amendment "the troops have performed admirably" :rolleyes:

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), "This resolution is to advance US interest in the region." :rolleyes:

rep. Buck McKeon (R-CA) "Boehner resolution addresses much of concerns about NATIONAL SECURITY" :rolleyes:

rep. Mike Turner (R-OH) "Chairman of the subcommittee on strategic Forces" The president hasn't provided us with ANY information or reason"
rep. James Moran (D-WA - Boeing's War Representative): "This amendment does not give the President enough powers to manage the war against Qaddafi" Vote No on Boehner amendment" :rolleyes:

rep. Steven Palazzo (R-MS) "I support H.R. 242/ H.R. 294 (Boehner amendment) to support our Allies and Troops in the conflict, this amendment forces Obama to answer our questions within 14 days" :rolleyes:

Here yah go...
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) "The Kucinich amendment abrupt withdrawal is a threat to our Allies in NATO and ISREAL" <===There yah go

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) "Libyan Chemical weapons, AL Qaeda, Taliban, and other Libyan state threats can destroy the state of ISRAEL... The Threat reaches to Afghanistan with a NATO pullout and Dangerous to the United States" :rolleyes:

Howard Berman (D-CA) "There was bipartisan support for the president's action and prevented massive loss of life in Libya" :rolleyes:

Norman Dicks (D-WA) 5th district... "I support the continue operations in Libya..."

You sure can see what Democrat/Republican representatives are in big Military Industrial Complex / Defense Department districts

Chester Copperpot
06-03-2011, 09:44 AM
This country has gone completely batshit crazy. At this point, I'm just enjoying the time with my family until all hell breaks loose.

im with you on that today

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Mike Rogers (R-MI) Chairman Intelligence Committee: "The Kucinich amendment is DANGEROUS... the naval blockade becomes at risk, the ability to refuel our NATO allies planes comes at risk. Our nation security risks, Libya has 1000's and 1,000s pounds of chemical weapons. There's 1000's and 1,000's of anti-aircraft shoulder fired weapons that make American forces at risk/ French and British are our allies and have spilled blood in Iraq and Afghanistan. Who better to make sure those shoulder fire weapons fall in the hands... what terrorists get the chemical weapons... oppose Kucinich amendment"

Of course Mike Rogers is lying according to the WIKILEAKS classified US State Department's telex, under the agreement with the US/Libyans, which the US totally did NOT honor... Libyan Chemical weapons were shipped/transfer to Oakridge and other National Labs. All uranium was transferred to Russia. US was to help clean up old chemical plants and provide aid to the Libyan people under honoring those concessions. As soon as the waepons and threats were gone, US, UK, France premeditated invaded and attacked Libya. That was the plan all along.

Mike Rogers (R-MI) Chairman Intelligence Committee, LIED DIRECTLY to the American people.

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 10:46 AM
RON PAUL is up!

"If we do not pass this resolution (Kucinich Res.) is the sin of commitment (in Libyan War).

Hotchney
06-03-2011, 11:02 AM
This is great stuff. A lot of strong speeches. Tim Johnson (IL) was good as were many Repubs and Dems. Many mentions of the constitution.

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Do you believe what Howard Berman (D-CA) just said?

"The Constitution doesn't say that the president has to come to Congress for a declaration of WAR"

Really, So Berman, so this is a WAR, imagine that?

side note: among these speeches... man Howard Berman and Pete Stark both their mechanics and speaking skills have deteriorated to the point that both should be in Nursing Homes/Hospitals.

Kucinich's closing speech was nice...

So, Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) is a NEOCON freshman.

Kucinich requests a recorded vote: H.R. 51(Kucinich's Immediate Removal of US Forces) H.R. 294

They are voting on the Boehner Resolution now... H.R. 292

Brad Sherman's resolution yesterday to prohibit Department of Homeland Security (DHS) from using funds in Libya War was defeated 213-208 :(

DHS is also funding the Libyan War? UNBELIEVABLE!

Hotchney
06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) was awful. His comments revealed a stunning dearth of knowledge.

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 11:47 AM
John Boeehner's NEOCON Libyan War Bill PASSES

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/DSC03317.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 11:54 AM
House of Representative DEFEAT KUCINICH BILL to stop War, Bombing, and Killing...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/DSC03319.jpg

Chester Copperpot
06-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Do you believe what Howard Berman (D-CA) just said?

"The Constitution doesn't say that the president has to come to Congress for a declaration of WAR"

Really, So Berman, so this is a WAR, imagine that?

side note: among these speeches... man Howard Berman and Pete Stark both their mechanics and speaking skills have deteriorated to the point that both should be in Nursing Homes/Hospitals.

Kucinich's closing speech was nice...

So, Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) is a NEOCON freshman.

Kucinich requests a recorded vote: H.R. 51(Kucinich's Immediate Removal of US Forces) H.R. 294

They are voting on the Boehner Resolution now... H.R. 292

Brad Sherman's resolution yesterday to prohibit Department of Homeland Security (DHS) from using funds in Libya War was defeated 213-208 :(

DHS is also funding the Libyan War? UNBELIEVABLE!

I mustve missed that.. the speech I heard berman say was good

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I mustve missed that.. the speech I heard berman say was goodBerman http://www.jewishjournal.com/images/articles/com_berman-howard_011108_thumb.jpg OR Sherman http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_83Oiww3_zRU/SoTWpb1tasI/AAAAAAAACLY/IRZvoIEga7w/s200/Brad+Sherman.jpg

Sherman's speeches were excellent and what was nice about his resolution legislation yesterday, it revealed that DHS is funneling taxpayer money in funding NATO/Libyan War.

************************************************** **********************************************
I saw this on Twitter...from the Libyan Government

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1288392432/ljbcav3_normal.jpg
LibyanStateTV (http://twitter.com/#%21/LibyanStateTV) NotLibyaStateTV

"We are sad to hear that the crusader US Congress voted 265-148 against ending the US war on the BLOTR and #Libya (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Libya), if only we had lobbyists"

16 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/LibyanStateTV/status/76712961619656705)

specsaregood
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Sometimes I love kucinich and then others where I hate him; I don't love to hate him however. How somebody could spend so much time in a corrupt congress and still believe that the goverment can be used for benevolent means is beyond me. If would just recognize that power corrupts and realizes it is but a naive dream of a benevolent powerful government he could be a great benefit to the goals of liberty.... oh well....

Pericles
06-03-2011, 03:29 PM
It is easy to send the regulars off hither and yon for any pretense. Having to call forth the militia would have real consequences close to home.

anaconda
06-03-2011, 08:01 PM
This is pretty encouraging overall.

Brett85
06-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Boehner's resolution wasn't a "neocon resolution." Both Ron and Justin Amash voted for it. It's just that his resolution wasn't as strong as the Kucinich resolution.

HOLLYWOOD
06-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Boehner's resolution wasn't a "neocon resolution." Both Ron and Justin Amash voted for it. It's just that his resolution wasn't as strong as the Kucinich resolution.Yes it's absolutely a NEOCON bill, you have the appearance of choice, but are forced in voting for both bills... so with RP, et al, you'll take what you can get.

Boehner's Bill was a direct attack on Kucinich's Bill when it was learned that Dennis's bill had a very good chance of passing and force legislators to vote directly on more WAR/SPENDING, which a majority of the public opposes, especially conservatives and budget spending hawks.

Boehner's Bill is a scape goat bill for the cowards in CONgress and this is why they delayed the vote on the Kucinich bill, until Boehner/Obama whipped-up a bill to oppose Kucinich's and allow Congress critters 'An Out' and for all of them can say to their pundits and constituents, they voted on bringing the war to accountability and closure (BS). Fasco-corporate media will reinforce this to the ignorant public. You can use this snippet as a tool : Liberal Democrats... only 59 out of 193 voted to end the War/Killing in Libya. Also the hypocritical spending/Constitutional GOP hacks need to be accountable by their votes too.

Boehners Bill gives a minimum of 15 days to assassinate Qaddafi and members of his government/whatever their classified plans may be now, before Obama has to come up with his excuses to the public(currently in day 77 of the war, 17 days over War Powers Act limitation). You have to vote for both bills because you know Boehner's bill was intentionally forwarded to the floor to kill Kucinich's bill. That's why Ron Paul, et al, voted for both and I too, would be forced in voting for both bills. Though most know the Boehner Bill is just the establishment's continuance, which BTW, also includes DHS funneling funds to NATO/US operations in Libya, it will be spun to the public (MSM propaganda) as a stern message/bill to closing out the Libyan War.

This is exactly the same game they play in CONgress, same backroom deals, which also give some leeway for some congressional members to vote on reelection lines. This game is played all the time and another good example is the Audit the Fed 11th hr changes by Bernie Sanders FED SHILL version vs. RP's or even look at the Cheap Import Bill Act of 2007.

BTW: US/UK start new offensive on Libya TODAY, Apache helicopters attack targets in Tripoli... well, imagine that! :rolleyes:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Video-Libya-Two-British-Apache-Helicopters-Destroy-Targets-In-Libyan-Town-Of-Brega-MoD-confirms/Article/200912116005290?lpos=World_News_Top_Stories_Header _0&lid=ARTICLE_16005290_Video%2C_Libya%3A_Two_British _Apache_Helicopters_Destroy_Targets_In_Libyan_Town _Of_Brega%2C_MoD_confirms

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/NATO-Sends-Helicopters-on-Libyan-Attacks-for-First-Time-123151118.html

British Helicopters Destroy Libyan Targets

British combat helicopters have destroyed a radar installations and military checkpoint during their first operation in Libya - despite coming under fire.

The Ministry of Defence has confirmed that army Apaches successfully completed their mission of hitting the targets near the town of Brega overnight.
Forces loyal to leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi fired at one of the choppers, but they both returned safely to the Royal Navy helicopter carrier, HMS Ocean, which is stationed off the Libyan coast.
A variety of weapons were used, including hellfire missiles.
More Info About Apache Helicopters

Major General Nick Pope, the communications officer for the Chief of the Defence Staff, emphasised that UK and Nato forces have been clear that their mission was to protect Libyan civilians under threat of attack.
He described it as "appropriate to employ attack helicopters to help intensify the effect that Nato can deliver at key points against regime forces which continue to threaten their own people."
Lieutenant-General Charles Bouchard, Nato's commander of the operation in Libya, said: "This successful engagement demonstrates the unique capabilities brought to bear by attack helicopters.
http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2011/Jun/Week1/16005379.jpg Apache Attack Helicopters are operated by Royal Navy crews
"We will continue to use these assets whenever and wherever needed, using the same precision as we do in all of our missions."
The attack helicopters have been brought in because they provide more flexibility to track and engage pro-Gaddafi forces who deliberately target civilians and attempt to hide in populated areas.
Commander of the UK task group, Commodore John Kingwell said the attack helicopters are unique because they can "identify and engage targets with huge precision".
"That enables us to provide protection to civilians in Libya," he added.
http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2011/Jun/Week1/16005380.jpg Both Apache helicopters returned safely to HMS Ocean after the operation
The Evening Standard's defence correspondent, Robert Fox, said the attack will send a strong "psychological message" to Col Gaddafi that his forces are being "pinned down".
He said: "I have noticed in Whitehall that people are very clear about the way things are going in Libya."
Prime Minister David Cameron confirmed last month four Apaches would be deployed in an attempt to "ratchet up" the pressure on Colonel Muammar Gaddafi. (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Video-David-Cameron-Confirms-Britain-Will-Send-Apache-Helicopters-To-Libya-To-Step-Up-Campaign/Article/201105416000589)
Twelve French attack helicopters are also being used in Libya.
Earlier this week, Defence Secretary Liam Fox acknowledged the "increased risk" attached to the deployment of attack helicopters, but stressed they would play a key role in bringing a halt to the dictator's attacks on his own people.
The use of Apaches has alarmed some MPs about the prospect of an escalation in the conflict and the danger to British lives.

amy31416
06-04-2011, 06:32 AM
The games they play are truly mind-boggling.

Say what you will about Kucinich, and I know he blew it on several occasions, I don't think he's a bad person--especially relative to the likes of Boehner, Pelosi, etc.

YumYum
06-04-2011, 07:26 AM
I like Stephen M. Walt. He co-authored "The Israel Lobby". He wrote a great piece about our involvement in Libya. Haven't all conflicts began with "airstrikes"; Korean War, Vietnam War; Persian Gulf War; Iraq War; Afghanistan War? Even our involvement in WW2 began with "airstrikes", so Obama is fooling no one when he claims we are only launching "airstrikes".

Here is a summary of an article I have linked that Walt recently wrote:

What intervention in Libya tells us about the neocon-liberal alliance by Stephen M. Walt. The only difference between Bush and Obama is that one is the lobster pink viceroy and the other is the chocolate brown viceroy of Israel. The only difference between rabid neoconservatives and liberal interventionists is that the former have disdain for United Nations and such, and the latter see these as a useful tool for American dominance. Both groups extol the virtues of democracy; believe that American power can be a highly effective tool of statecraft; are deeply alarmed at the prospect of nuclear weapons in the hands of anybody except America and its stooges; think it is America’s right and responsibility to interfere all over the world; they over-estimate how easy it will be to do this, and that becomes a propensity for Americans to invade and attack even where American interests are not at stake. Obama’s Change You Can Believe In has morphed into More of the BLOODY Same.

http://lalqila.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/what-intervention-in-libya-tells-us-about-the-neocon-liberal-alliance-by-stephen-m-walt-the-only-difference-between-bush-and-obama-is-that-one-is-the-lobster-pink-viceroy-and-the-other-is-the-chocol/