PDA

View Full Version : Props to Cleveland Meetup

IowaSupport
10-29-2007, 09:18 AM
My sister, who I am in the process of converting, e-mailed me this morning with these pictures and this note:

So, these are ALL OVER the sidewalks on campus. I don't know what they used because they don't wash off when it rains. But I don't think they would have used paint, I guess they could have though, whateva.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u204/IAmCelery/ronpaul2.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u204/IAmCelery/ronpaul1.jpg

Apparently, Cleveland rocks. Is this spray-on chalk?

DrNoZone
10-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Shit, I sure hope that isn't permanent! Someone from Cleveland Meetup care to explain?

FrankRep
10-29-2007, 09:21 AM
No Ron Paul graffiti please

Edit: If it's Spray Chalk, awesome work!

Pete
10-29-2007, 09:22 AM
I saw 'Ron Paul 2008' stenciled on a sidewalk last week when I went to visit my son at Case Western Reserve. It was paint! I did not think it was objectionable in terms of vandalism as weather and traffic will no doubt erase it within a few months. University people may disagree.

wolv275
10-29-2007, 09:25 AM
civil disobedience? lol. breaking the law to save our nation, i can digg that.

DrNoZone
10-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Sorry, but if this is paint, it's the epitome of stupidity. This is NOT the way to assist the Ron Paul campaign. This is EXACTLY how you get us marginalized: disrespect for private property.

speciallyblend
10-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah somone in cleveland meetups needs to figure out whats up;)

IowaSupport
10-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Sheesh - I shouldn't have even put that part in. Can I get a little bit of positivity from you people?

This is a props to the cleveland meetup group thread, not rip into them for something that they may or may not have done thread.

FrankRep
10-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Sheesh - I shouldn't have even put that part in. Can I get a little bit of positivity from you people?

This is a props to the cleveland meetup group thread, not rip into them for something that they may or may not have done thread.

Do you understand where we are coming from though? I'm just saying that vandalizism can be viewed negatively.

parke
10-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Its spray chalk. When that stuff dries it hardens. One good rain and itll be gone. You can tell its chalk and not paint.

DrNoZone
10-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Its spray chalk. When that stuff dries it hardens. One good rain and itll be gone. You can tell its chalk and not paint.

Whew...I sure hope it's spray chalk (never even heard of spray chalk).

FrankRep
10-29-2007, 09:55 AM

Okay good, I was worried there for a bit.

spivey378
10-29-2007, 09:57 AM
where at in cleveland?

filmmaker58
10-29-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm glad there's some stuff going on in Ohio, I was in Cincinatti last week wearing a RP teeshirt, and nobody knew who he was. I talked to everybody i could, but we've still got a lot of work to do.

FrankRep
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm glad there's some stuff going on in Ohio, I was in Cincinatti last week wearing a RP teeshirt, and nobody knew who he was. I talked to everybody i could, but we've still got a lot of work to do.

Columbus is active too.

IowaSupport
10-29-2007, 11:02 AM
@DrNoZone:

I see where you are coming from yes, but the fact that 4 out of the first 5 posts were negative in nature and not, "Nice, go Ohio! I'm sure these folks aren't dumb enough to use paint on sidewalks." comments is a bit annoying. It just reminds me of a bad girlfriend, always picking out the negatives of the situation, despite the glaring awesomeness of my sister being excited about Ron Paul and the work they're doing.

where at in cleveland?

Not sure, I can figure it out? She goes to Case, my bet would be around there.

Also, yeah, Ohio seems to be doing very well in a lot of areas, I think I'll have to pick up some of that chalk. Cleveland people, what worked well for a stencil?

kmj.ronpaul
10-29-2007, 01:39 PM
As a member of the Cleveland and Case meetups, I can assure you that it was spray chalk, and not paint, that was used on the sidewalks.

I'll have to check into which material was used for stencils.

If anyone is interested, here is a youtube video of the Cleveland group at the Geauga County Fair, the Air Show and the Peace Show, all this past Labor Day weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRTY_601C7g

more recent videos forthcoming...

Lord Xar
10-29-2007, 01:43 PM
GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Tell them, they are awesome!!

Don't pay any attention to those "coming down on you.." - They'd rather dissuade and persecute than say "AWESOME WORK!!".... curious isn't it.

TELL THAT MEETUP TO KEEP DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOINGGGG!!!!!!

kmj.ronpaul
10-29-2007, 01:52 PM
>> TELL THAT MEETUP TO KEEP DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOINGGGG!!!!!!

We are!!

Before the Indians playoff games last week, our group met on freeway overpasses and waved banners and signs.

We were in Kent on Saturday for Kent State University's huge pre-Halloween event (20,000 - 40,000 people!), handing out slim jims. One member who has an "in" at a local Kent food co-op is going to leave stacks of RP dvds at the checkout for people to grab for free, and he was allowed to post a RP sign in the grocery store's front window.

austin356
10-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Well someone in Birmingham, AL painted in GIANT letters on the street in front of the Birmingham News, RON PAUL 2008.

Nobody in our group did it from what I know.

Man from La Mancha
10-29-2007, 02:41 PM
That spray chalk is a little a hard to get off, try soap and water.

speciallyblend
10-29-2007, 03:26 PM
We love you,GREAT JOB,you just many nervous about if it was paint,but no worries
AWESOME JOB:)

Eric21ND
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
I need to buy some of that stray on chalk and stencils. The message looks great from here!

walt
10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
if it's a public sidewalk - who cares what it is.

as someone who lived in Cleveland - the winter there will nuke it beyond oblivion anyway!

shepburn
10-29-2007, 04:06 PM
where do you get this 'spray chalk'?

Peterjar
10-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Sorry, but if this is paint, it's the epitome of stupidity. This is NOT the way to assist the Ron Paul campaign. This is EXACTLY how you get us marginalized: disrespect for private property.

Looks like public property to me.

speciallyblend
10-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Looks like public property to me.

Its chalk paint ,so it will go away eventually;)