PDA

View Full Version : 7 Candidates To Appear In Republican Primary Debate

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 10:40 PM
7 Candidates To Appear In Republican Primary Debate

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-primary-extended-coverage/28115694/detail.html#ixzz1OBVqIfan

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, businessman Herman Cain, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum will participate in the June 13 debate on the campus of St. Anselm College.
This is the first time that Bachmann, Gingrich and Romney will appear in a 2012 presidential debate. The event is being sponsored by WMUR, CNN and the New Hampshire Union Leader. CNN Chief National Correspondent/Anchor John King will moderate the debate with WMUR's Josh McElveen, Jennifer Vaughn, Jean Mackin and journalists from the Union Leader participating in the questioning.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-primary-extended-coverage/28115694/detail.html#ixzz1OBW1gW6U

and there is this:

Invitations were extended to the seven Republicans who will appear on stage in New Hampshire as well as Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and businessman Donald Trump.
In recent weeks, Daniels, Huckabee and Trump all publicly stated they would not seek the Republican presidential nomination. Giuliani declined the debate invitation, as did Huntsman.
Palin, whose campaign-style bus tour came to New Hampshire Thursday, told WMUR: "That’s quite soon. So, no I don’t think I’m going to be there. Thank you for asking though."

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-primary-extended-coverage/28115694/detail.html#ixzz1OBW9PgcH

low preference guy
06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
the primary looks like a clusterfuck right now. I don't know who'll be the winner of the debate but I hope the loser is Romney.

tsai3904
06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Gary Johnson left out.

low preference guy
06-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Bachmann is kind of entertaining but as a presidential candidate she is a joke.

tsai3904
06-02-2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.wmur.com/r/28115667/detail.html

Criteria for participation in debate:

1. A candidate must have received an average of at least 2.00 % in at least three national polls released between April 1 and April 30 that were conducted by the following: ABC, AP, Bloomberg, CBS, CNN, FOX, Gallup, Los Angeles Times, Marist, McClatchy, NBC, Newsweek, Pew, Quinnipiac, Reuters, USA Today and Time.

2. A candidate must have received an average of at least 2.00 % in at least three national polls released between May 1 and May 31 that were conducted by the following: ABC, AP, Bloomberg, CBS, CNN, FOX, Gallup, Los Angeles Times, Marist, McClatchy, NBC, Newsweek, Pew, Quinnipiac, Reuters, USA Today and Time.

3. A candidate must have received an average of at least 2.00 % in polls of New Hampshire voters conducted by the UNH Survey Center released between May 1 and May 31.

Carehn
06-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Romny will be the winner and we all know it. Not the real winner but the focus group will say he won because they know him and he will have double the talking time.

YOU KNOW IT. I KNOW IT. THE WORLD KNOWS IT. Does it matter? Not all that much.

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 10:52 PM

Unlike Cain she is a genuine grass roots candidate, though. WAtching Cain being taken for a populist makes me steam.

Carehn
06-02-2011, 10:52 PM

Bachmann voted for the patriot act and should be "BLANK" with the rest of them.

edit / cant say that i guess. May kick me off the forum

Carehn
06-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Unlike Cain she is a genuine grass roots candidate, though. WAtching Cain being taken for a populist makes me steam.

No she isn't.

low preference guy
06-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Romney's strategy: Don't lose control or say anything stupid. Don't try too hard either. Hope everyone else implodes.

realtonygoodwin
06-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Glad to see Ron there. I do wish Gary was able to meet the qualifications, but oh well. Maybe he will realize if he can't even pull 2% in New Hampshire, he will be better off running for Senate.

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 10:56 PM
No she isn't.

Isn't she? I don't mean she's for us, she voted for the Patriot Act, after all. I just meant there is genuine grass roots support for her as I understand it. And I think she believes what she says, I just disagree with a bunch of it.

You think she's fake?

KingRobbStark
06-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Isn't she? I don't mean she's for us, she voted for the Patriot Act, after all. I just meant there is genuine grass roots support for her as I understand it. And I think she believes what she says, I just disagree with a bunch of it.

You think she's fake?

She's as real as Donald Trump's hair.

Carehn
06-02-2011, 11:00 PM

You think she's fake?

I do think she is fake and i don't think the support for her is all that grass roots. I do think many news organisations say it is. But i don't buy it at all. Maybe im wrong but i really don't think so. She is far from a good politician or statesman i guess i mean and i don't know anyone who supports her outside of compultion to do so because they heard on the radio that others do and its somehow grass roots...

After last time you can bet they will be saying romney is grass roots when he is going up against Obama, but you will know the truth.

she is fake all the way and she even knows it.

Feeding the Abscess
06-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah, memo to Gary: run for effing Senate, and try again in 2016.

trey4sports
06-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I'd love to see Gary get into the debate but if not, then it is time to jump into the senate race.

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 11:13 PM
I do think she is fake and i don't think the support for her is all that grass roots. I do think many news organisations say it is. But i don't buy it at all. Maybe im wrong but i really don't think so. She is far from a good politician or statesman i guess i mean and i don't know anyone who supports her outside of compultion to do so because they heard on the radio that others do and its somehow grass roots...

After last time you can bet they will be saying romney is grass roots when he is going up against Obama, but you will know the truth.

she is fake all the way and she even knows it.

Oh, well, maybe I just haven't run into it. Whereas with Cain, even aside from his quasi-Enronesque company and his love of TARP and his statement that there was no housing bubble.... even aside from that, take a look at his meet up. (Yes, singular) and his facebook page. his name dumps you right to what appears to be a pac, not a list of multiple sites as with Ron. It's creepy.

Batman
06-02-2011, 11:18 PM
They can't marginalize Ron Paul now so Gary Johnson will suffice. Once Ron Paul is the only one up there saying legalize drugs and prostitution he'll look like an outcast again and they'll be able to marginalize him again. It's divide and conquer for the Fox Commandos.

kahless
06-02-2011, 11:25 PM
They can't marginalize Ron Paul now so Gary Johnson will suffice. Once Ron Paul is the only one up there saying legalize drugs and prostitution he'll look like an outcast again and they'll be able to marginalize him again. It's divide and conquer for the Fox Commandos.

They marginalized him and tried to make him out to be a wacky fringe candidate to the sheep the last go around. I do not see why it would be any different this time around unless people start making allot of noise about the questions being asked.

It should be a common joke everywhere on the internet crazy questions that Foxnews will ask Ron Paul. There should be an email and phone call campaign to get shows like SNL to do a bit where they ask Ron wacky questions and treat him like a criminal, while kissing Romney's ass. This is the kind of stuff that wakes up the idiot sheeple to Foxnews's tactics.

low preference guy
06-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Is this another Fox debate?

TheDriver
06-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Is this another Fox debate?

LOL! No, but they're involved, somehow...... LOL (joking).

CNN is hosting this debate, right?

Batman
06-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Actually, I think John King is the moderator.

AGRP
06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
This is an excellent opportunity for mind numbing RHETORIC.

It plays into the hands of the Neocons.

tangent4ronpaul
06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
They marginalized him and tried to make him out to be a wacky fringe candidate to the sheep the last go around. I do not see why it would be any different this time around unless people start making allot of noise about the questions being asked.

It should be a common joke everywhere on the internet crazy questions that Foxnews will ask Ron Paul. There should be an email and phone call campaign to get shows like SNL to do a bit where they ask Ron wacky questions and treat him like a criminal, while kissing Romney's ass. This is the kind of stuff that wakes up the idiot sheeple to Foxnews's tactics.

I believe the Onion accepts submissions and suggestions...

-t

kahless
06-02-2011, 11:37 PM
ah, WMUR. I did read the first post but for some reason my mind was still on the Fox debate coming in August in Iowa. Just read that article a little while ago.

low preference guy
06-02-2011, 11:43 PM
the onion sucks!!!!!

Brian4Liberty
06-02-2011, 11:51 PM
I'd love to see Gary get into the debate but if not, then it is time to jump into the senate race.

Message to Gary: don't wait too long. Jumping into a different race at the last minute never looks good.

AJ Antimony
06-03-2011, 12:17 AM
So does anyone understand Gary Johnson at all?

First he thinks it's a good idea to compete against Ron Paul, then thinks he can build support, then he ignores a Senate seat that he actually has a shot at winning. National Republicans don't care for him at all in regards to his presidential run, yet I bet he would get a ton of NRSC money since he's the ONLY Republican capable of picking up a bright blue New Mexico Senate seat.

Xenophage
06-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Gary Johnson needs to get into more debates alongside Ron Paul and then pull out shortly before Iowa and New Hampshire and endorse him.