PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tribune: Updated: New GOP Map Targets Ron Paul?

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 10:08 PM
about redistricting

We have to find out if he doesn't like it so people can make a stink. What do people who live there think? A neocon district might be trouble in a primary.

Democratic operative Jeff Crosby believes the change is intended to target Paul, who has drawn a cult-like following among conservative activists but is not such a darling in the Texas Republican political establishment. While other congressmen have beaten a path to the Texas Capitol to give their two-cents (and more) about what their districts should look like, Paul has not been lobbying lawmakers.

"This is clearly a shot taken by the Republican establishment against the hero of the tea party," Crosby said. "By giving him more than 300,000 new voters, it's clear the Republican establishment doesn't want Ron Paul to come back after he finishes his race for president."

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-redistricting/redistricting/updated-new-gop-map-targets-ron-paul/

Even approval by the Legislature represents only a beginning of sorts because whatever comes out of the legislative process will be challenged in court.

“We’ve got litigation in abundance,” Solomons said. He urged anybody who has input to send it to him “ASAP.” Solomons added that candidates who want to run for the newly drawn seat are going to have to wait a while before figuring out if they’ve got a shot to win.

It will be "several months before candidates know exactly what their districts will look like," he said.

Batman
06-02-2011, 11:21 PM
They've clearly cut him off from his strongholds and left him with the Democratic mess of the Gulf Coast. People there want free stuff from the government. It's pretty obvious to me what they're doing. Ron Paul has no place in their New World Order.

realtonygoodwin
06-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Grrr...Kel Seliger is my state senator too, used to be my Mayor. He was also opposed to even voting on an Open Carry bill....