PDA

View Full Version : General 2008's ______ is 2012's ______

goRPaul
06-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Drawing similarities between candidates from last campaign and this one.

Rudy Giuliani = Mitt Romney
The title of "Biggest Liberal and Statist" for last campaign was a close call, but I thought it was Rudy. This time, Mitt takes the cake.

Tom Tancredo = Rick Santorum
The guy who thought bombing Mecca and Medina was a good idea is only surpassed by Santorum in Islamophobia.

Sam Brownback = Jon Huntsman
There's always a candidate for the social conservatives. These two men are pretty reserved, which unfortunately doesn't excite the base. Early exit.

Tommy Thompson = Herman Cain
They look alike. LOL

Mike Huckabee = Michele Bachmann
Connects well with voters- the Populist candidate.

Fred Thompson = Rick Perry
Fred Thompson waited eons before officially announcing, and proceeded to fall flat on his face. Perry will float media attention about a possible candidacy for as long as possible before being forgotten.

Duncan Hunter = Gary Johnson
I'm sorry to put Gary Johnson here, he's way more capable than Hunter. However, I don't think the party is ready for Gary.

Mitt Romney = Sarah Palin
Popular, good looking, and rich! Romney was destined for second place last race regardless of the winner. If Palin runs, I think she'll suffer the same fate.

John McCain = Ron Paul
HE'S GONNA WIN!

There will be no "Ron Paul of 2012". What we did in 2008 cannot be duplicated, at least not for a couple generations.

BuddyRey
06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
How dare you forget Jim Gilmore, the first Republican to drop out of the '08 race! :D

Jim Gilmore = anyone who stands against RP this time around. They're gonna get owned!

Tannenzäpfle
06-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I was figuring Ron Paul in 2008 is Gary Johnson in 2012: deliberately ignored by the media for questioning prevailing orthodoxy. Although, that's sort of Ron Paul today.

Jim Casey
06-04-2011, 03:17 AM
The closest correlation I see so far is Rudy Giuliani - Herman Cain as the lamestream media's top choice.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-04-2011, 01:14 PM
The closest correlation I see so far is Rudy Giuliani - Herman Cain as the lamestream media's top choice.
No, Herman Cain seems to be the Fred Thompson of 2012. Fred's only job was to draw the conservative vote enough to keep Huckabee from winning and allow McCain to last.

gaazn
06-05-2011, 12:29 AM
TPaw = John Edwards
Can't seem to realize that they will never win, and will hold out too long to make a fool out of themselves.

Teaser Rate
06-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Nice idea for a thread.

Ron Paul = Gary Johnson -- Low-polling libertarian candidate given little media attention and often ignored in debates

Mike Huckabee = Herman Cain -- Charismatic outsider who performs well in debates and is loved by the media.

Mitt Romney = Tim Pawlenty -- Successful governor with blemishes on his conservative record, the establishment's choice among new candidates.

John McCain = Mitt Romney -- Guy who came it second last time. Must be nominated according to Republican party protocol.

Rudy Giuliani = Newt Gingrich -- High profile candidate with a mixed conservative record and messy personal life.

Tom Tancredo = Rick Santorum -- Undercover Democrat running to make Republicans appear crazy.

Fred Thompson = Chris Christie -- High profile candidate reluctant to enter the race.

I can't find a good match for Ron Paul's 2012 candidacy.