PDA

View Full Version : INTERESTING fleshing out of Ron's 'dictatorship' comment

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 02:17 PM
at least, I thought it was....

Ron Paul Warns of 'Dictatorship in Washington DC'

http://purpleserf.blogspot.com/2011/06/ron-paul-warns-of-dictatorship-in.html

just in part:

God warns Samuel how in 7 different ways the Israelites personal rights and liberties will be violated once they took on the arbitrary and expansive powers inherent in a king.

1. Military Conscription "He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots."

2. Military Industrial Complex "Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots."

3. Central Economic Organization "He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers."

4. Redistribution of Wealth "He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants."

5. Bureaucracy & Largesse "He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants."

6. High Taxes "[He will take] Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use."

7. High Debt & Slavery "He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves."

PermanentSleep
06-02-2011, 03:55 PM
That was a great read. I've been feeling this way for a while, I'm glad someone said it. It should be said more often:

We live in an increasingly oligarchical country where large power brokers shape the dialogue, laws, and policies of our country and where the state, county, and city governments are being undermined as much as families and individuals.

In reviewing the Constitution it is clear, we have ceded too much power to those in Washington in order for them to fight the battles we ought to fight ourselves. We are the generals and armies of our own lives - we should start acting like it.

Sola_Fide
06-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Awesome.