PDA

View Full Version : 3 things Ron needs to do in the next debate

Havax
06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
1) Hype, brag, boast, flaunt, and be all over the fact that he was the ONLY one that predicted the economic recession back in 2007. He needs to tell people simply google "Ron Paul was right". He needs to say that there are even people on the stage with him right now that said the fundamentals of the economy were strong when he was alone in predicting what was about to come.

2) He needs to publish and then talk about a simple plan to fix our economic situation. Everyone thinks he is extreme and just an idealist. He needs to create a 5-step specfic plan that he can tell people to go read on his site. He needs to show that these are common sense things and is our ONLY hope for getting out of the mess we are in - and that we are quickly approaching a point of no return. If he is really trying to win this time around, he needs to talk specifics, focus on the fundamentals, and just hammer down the fact that he is the only one with the plan that will actually "Restore America Now".

3) At some point he needs to go down the line and call out every single candidate on the stage (he can skip Gary) and cite one or two things that makes them liberal statists and then demand America to wake up and stop making the same mistakes we have made for the past several decades electing the same old establishment neo-con hacks. He needs to follow this and HYPE the fact that Ronald Reagan endorsed him. After talking about this endorsement, he needs to emphasize that he is the most consistent and principled statesmen in America and he believes exactly in the same things he does now as what he did when Reagan endorsed him. Then ask, who else here on this stage was endorsed by Ronald Reagan?

BUSHLIED
06-02-2011, 02:07 PM
I agree and I have suggested this before...Perhaps you can draft a letter outlining your concerns to Ron Paul. Focus on keeping it a simple request from the grassroots...

Dear Dr. Paul,

My name is Havax and I am writing to you to make a simple request...

write in the first person using the word "I" and not "you need"

give it a try and see what you come up with...

mello
06-02-2011, 02:10 PM
He should remind people during a debate that he has never voted to raise the debt ceiling
and has never voted for an unbalanced budget. He should then mention specifically how
many times his opponents have voted to raise the debt ceiling & voted for unbalanced
budgets.

JackieDan
06-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I totally agree. Ron Paul is not very clear on what he is proposing as a candidate.
His website lack's a lot of information too imo.

eduardo89
06-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I totally agree. Ron Paul is not very clear on what he is proposing as a candidate.
His website lack's a lot of information too imo.

I agree as well. He needs PLANS. NUMBERS. TIMELINES.

febo
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
1) Hype, brag, boast, flaunt, and be all over the fact that he was the ONLY one that predicted the economic recession back in 2007.

2) He needs to publish and then talk about a simple plan to fix our economic situation. Everyone thinks he is extreme and just an idealist. He needs to create a 5-step specfic plan".

3) At some point he needs to go down the line and call out every single candidate

1 - not his style. Ron Paul hits you hardest when you realise he predicted the crisis and doesn't brag. That's the definition of cool. If you want bragging you've got Peter Schiff.

2 - i think i agree. But is a simple plan possible?

3 - I reckon he's going to do it. He didn't do too bad a job in 2008 when you think about it.

Havax
06-02-2011, 03:25 PM
1 - not his style. Ron Paul hits you hardest when you realise he predicted the crisis and doesn't brag. That's the definition of cool. If you want bragging you've got Peter Schiff.

Cool doesn't win elections. Peter Schiff isn't running.

febo
06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Cool doesn't win elections.

It will this time.

HarryBrowneLives
06-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Repeat this ten times before he goes on stage ... IT's THE ECONOMY!

Elwar
06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
He needs to respond with this:

"Listen closely because we don't have much time. The United States is in great peril and we might not even have a country by the time the 2012 elections come around. I do not look forward to being president, but if we make it to that point, I am the only person up here that can put the country back in order. I am not saying that to denigrate any of the other candidates up here right now but simply because it is the truth. We have some tough decisions ahead of us and I have been focused precisely on what is going on with our economy right now for the past 30 years. I do not promise an easy transition, nor do I know if we will make it in time to save this great land of ours, but I guarantee to you that if you put me into office, I will implement the procedures that are needed and necessary."

Sola_Fide
06-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Repeat this ten times before he goes on stage ... IT's THE ECONOMY!

Yes. Make EVERY issue a fiscal issue. Even if the debate goes back to heroin, then turn the drug war issue into a fiscal issue.

No more philosophizing about esoteric concepts, talk about the POCKETBOOK.

Obamacare...pocketbook

Jobs....pocketbook

Foreign policy....pocketbook

Bailouts....pocketbook

Taxes.....pocketbook

Spending.....pocketbook

HarryBrowneLives
06-02-2011, 07:42 PM
... Wienergate = pocketbook

HarryBrowneLives
06-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Pocketbook, economy, and it's US alone and EVERYBODY else is status quo!

Sola_Fide
06-02-2011, 07:45 PM
... Wienergate = pocketbook

I admit, thats a tough one to make a pocketbook issue.

Elwar
06-02-2011, 07:48 PM
wienergate = distraction from = pocketbook

Shane Harris
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Cool doesn't win elections. Peter Schiff isn't running.

i think theyd make a great ticket. schiff would be a great voice behind paul and i would love to see schiff debate biden. that would be almost mroe fun to see than paul debate obama. schiff is great explaining the issues in my opinion, especially in terms of the economy

tnvoter
06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
blimp!

Carehn
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
It will this time.

So true

What he needs to do is prepare for the worst possible question he could be asked, because thats what hes going to get. No soft balls for him boys and girls. those will be tossed at mitt and others like him. Ron will be asked stuff like.... " why do you hate poor people?" or " So you support child drunkenness, how do you think the schools will deal with this?"