PDA

View Full Version : Okay, folks. June 5 is HUGE.

freshjiva
06-02-2011, 10:25 AM
We're now seeing the ramp-up to the 2012 Presidential race. Herman Cain has made headlines with surprisingly good showings in recent polls. Mitt Romney has secured $10M in pledges and is launching his high-profile Presidential announcement today. Sarah Palin has her own celebrity roadshow that is attracting massive media attention.

We need to send a bold response.

Let's rally around our choice for President in 2012 and show the nation who has the most passionate, most grassroots, most creative, and most non-Establishment supporters. Let's send a clear message to the GOP Electorate: Ron Paul is a true advocate of limited government, and that is why his supporters rally around him with such enthusiasm. Honestly, I've never admired a politician more than I admire Ron Paul. He has not only been consistent in his message, but more importantly, he's been RIGHT on everything from warning about the failure of our drug wars to the blowback-inducing foreign intervention to the dangerous inflationary bubbles of the 2000s.

There isn't a single candidate who is more consistent, more honest, and more visionary, than Ron Paul.

Let's put our doubts about the Campaign aside and support Ron Paul to the maximum this Sunday, June 5. We need to make this moneybomb bigger than the last one, and show that Ron Paul is a frontrunner in this race.

Let's go, folks. I'm in for my biggest donation I've ever made in my life. I'm in for $1200.

We're in it to win it. Let's make it happen. Who's with me?

trey4sports
06-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I am!

jmag
06-02-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm in.

jrskblx125
06-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I agree this is a huge money bomb. We need to make more than last time thats for sure.

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm in!

KCIndy
06-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Me too!

We need to raise a LOT more, and a LOT earlier, than we did in the '07-'08 election cycle.

KingRobbStark
06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm going to donate till I can't donate no more. That's...a promise.

Romulus
06-02-2011, 12:18 PM

Bryan
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Front page bump.

Bruno
06-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Donate to the Iowa projects! The $$ goes towards the total, but will help specific projects you choose to support here where we need it most.

http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php

cdc482
06-02-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm in!

ItsTime
06-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Linked this thread on the New Hampshire for Ron Paul 2012 facebook page :)

06-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I haven't donated in a while; I'll kick in at least $50

RabbitMan
06-02-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm popping in $100. Probably $50 to the main, $50 to the Iowa mailbox campaign.

flightlesskiwi
06-02-2011, 01:41 PM
count me in... i do have a (dumb) question: has anybody donated via smartphone? i won't be near a computer on the 5th.

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 01:44 PM
count me in... i do have a (dumb) question: has anybody donated via smartphone? i won't be near a computer on the 5th.

I'm pretty sure I did it to Rand's campaign that way at least once. Didn't feel entirely secure about it, which is why I remember, but I did it.

ItsTime
06-02-2011, 01:46 PM

Write a check and say its for the moneybomb?

asurfaholic
06-02-2011, 03:48 PM
I will be proud to donate, again. At least $50

trey4sports
06-02-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm in for a Benjamin

Kregisen
06-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Has this moneybomb been highly promoted? Plus there's less than 2,000 attending on the facebook event... I sure hope it gets its full potential...I'm in though!

trey4sports
06-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Has this moneybomb been highly promoted? Plus there's less than 2,000 attending on the facebook event... I sure hope it gets its full potential...I'm in though!

I think were on pace for 600k - 800K based on the growth of the pledges. It would be nice if we could increase the average donation if we're going to be low on number of pledges.

Kregisen
06-02-2011, 04:26 PM
I think were on pace for 600k - 800K based on the growth of the pledges. It would be nice if we could increase the average donation if we're going to be low on number of pledges.

Why are we so low on pledges? How did you guys reach 6.5 million in one day last year?? Obviously it was later in the primary but still...4 years later and all this growth with a better economy, I can't imagine why we're getting so much less.

ItsTime
06-02-2011, 04:33 PM
(speculation) Ron Paul will be calling all his big donors that day to have them max out. The avg pledge should be bigger than other moneybombs.

2000 couples maxing out will equal 10million.

heavenlyboy34
06-02-2011, 04:37 PM
We're now seeing the ramp-up to the 2012 Presidential race. Herman Cain has made headlines with surprisingly good showings in recent polls. Mitt Romney has secured $10M in pledges and is launching his high-profile Presidential announcement today. Sarah Palin has her own celebrity roadshow that is attracting massive media attention.

We need to send a bold response.

Let's rally around our choice for President in 2012 and show the nation who has the most passionate, most grassroots, most creative, and most non-Establishment supporters. Let's send a clear message to the GOP Electorate: Ron Paul is a true advocate of limited government, and that is why his supporters rally around him with such enthusiasm. Honestly, I've never admired a politician more than I admire Ron Paul. He has not only been consistent in his message, but more importantly, he's been RIGHT on everything from warning about the failure of our drug wars to the blowback-inducing foreign intervention to the dangerous inflationary bubbles of the 2000s.

There isn't a single candidate who is more consistent, more honest, and more visionary, than Ron Paul.

Let's put our doubts about the Campaign aside and support Ron Paul to the maximum this Sunday, June 5. We need to make this moneybomb bigger than the last one, and show that Ron Paul is a frontrunner in this race.

Let's go, folks. I'm in for my biggest donation I've ever made in my life. I'm in for $1200.

We're in it to win it. Let's make it happen. Who's with me?
Damn, I thought June 5 was just my mum's birthday.

Arklatex
06-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm in.

trey4sports
06-02-2011, 04:56 PM
(speculation) Ron Paul will be calling all his big donors that day to have them max out. The avg pledge should be bigger than other moneybombs.

It would be really cool if Ron personally made the calls to the big donors.

KCIndy
06-02-2011, 04:57 PM
4 years later and all this growth with a better economy, I can't imagine why we're getting so much less.

Growth and a better economy??? Where? When did that happen? :eek::eek:

QueenB4Liberty
06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm in, but I might not be able to give as much as I was hoping earlier. :( But hopefully things start looking up.

thehungarian
06-02-2011, 05:04 PM
I have $1.36 to my name. Otherwise I would.

Uriel999
06-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Damn, I thought June 5 was just my mum's birthday.

Lol it's my dads bday! I'm gonna try to donate over my phone too. Unlike when I donated in 08 I actually have money so I can donate a bit more.

ItsTime
06-02-2011, 05:45 PM

It would be. But knowing Ron Paul, and how long winded he is, he may only get 4 phone calls in! ha

Kregisen
06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Growth and a better economy??? Where? When did that happen? :eek::eek:

Well 4 years ago was the start of the recession and now it's officially over, and we're seeing job growth. Unemployment is less than it has been in a few years, maybe not when the $6.5 mil moneybomb was but close.

Carehn
06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm considering maxing out. I feel like a jack ass because i don't ''give'' money to people, especially politicians, But this is just something i have to do. I'm investing in my future.

LibertyEagle
06-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Ok, guys, I haven't been around that much lately so I don't really know how things are setup this time around. Do any of the Meetups still exist? If so, each leader should be messaged about the moneybomb and asked to pass it to the others in his meetup. Also, we contacted a number of the gold/silver dealers and also a variety of select newsletter guys and asked them to announce it to their membership. Peter Schiff helped bring in a lot of money because he announced it. He definitely should be contacted.

Hundreds and hundreds of such emails were sent out. In addition to others contacting everyone they knew on MySpace. I guess it would be Facebook, this time around.

People posted under youtubes, contacted their friends and family... the whole nine yards.

If we're going to help make this successful, a whole lot of us are going to need to get busy. It's too late in the game for just one or two people to do all of this.

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately the meetups were told to fold into C4L, but now C4L for FEC reasons can't have anything to do with the campaign... it's kinda a mess in that regard.... people are reviving them and setting up new ones but there is no central structure.

We are posting under youtubes and in comments on relevant articles, at least I am. I hope people are posting in other forums they go to, that is what got me on the first money bombs I donated to. Mind you that was on the day itself with the ticker rising, which was pretty neat... but when I go to post, I see others are posting too, so it isn't just me. :p

Michigan11
06-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm in!

Posting comments on youtube, craigslist, and other forums is a great start

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Well 4 years ago was the start of the recession and now it's officially over, and we're seeing job growth. Unemployment is less than it has been in a few years, maybe not when the $6.5 mil moneybomb was but close.

Um, have you looked at financial news in the last couple of days in particular?

Job growth has not kept pace with job loss, people have just fallen off unemployment rolls as their benefits ran out, as I understand it. However, that makes an even stronger case for Ron than before.

trey4sports
06-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm considering maxing out. I feel like a jack ass because i don't ''give'' money to people, especially politicians, But this is just something i have to do. I'm investing in my future.

Well i will def. give you +rep when you donate :)

CrissyNY
06-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm in; I also have 3 of my sisters recruited as new donors and new voters.

Freedom IS popular.

trey4sports
06-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Ive been using the "like" button to like FB groups and posting a link to the moneybomb on the groups wall. Here is the thread to show you exactly what to do and phrases to search http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?295900-Help-me-use-Facebook-to-promote-the-moneybomb!

Rocket80
06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
I donated via iPhone last money bomb because i was in an airport - worked just fine. As for turnout and big $bomb days, in 07/08 the campaign was hot and intense early. This time not so much...at least not yet. I'll give $100 per moneybomb but I'm hoping eventually it will getore intense and something will pump me up and rly motivate me. Also, rp is already established as a good fundraiser and the moneybomb candidate- I honestly don't see money bombs as the best tool for media attention... Anymore

Kregisen
06-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Um, have you looked at financial news in the last couple of days in particular?

Job growth has not kept pace with job loss, people have just fallen off unemployment rolls as their benefits ran out, as I understand it. However, that makes an even stronger case for Ron than before.

I haven't seen those stats, all the ones I've seen have been job growth and lower unemployment rates, with a higher GDP. I don't think anyone will say the economy is currently worse than it was a couple years ago in the middle of the recession...

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 07:42 PM
He just plain needs the money, and early, because this time they want to win it.

trey4sports
06-02-2011, 07:43 PM
It would be awesome if the big money donors come through and we have a 1 million + day

Arklatex
06-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Also, we contacted a number of the gold/silver dealers and also a variety of select newsletter guys and asked them to announce it to their membership. Peter Schiff helped bring in a lot of money because he announced it. He definitely should be contacted.

Hundreds and hundreds of such emails were sent out. In addition to others contacting everyone they knew on MySpace. I guess it would be Facebook, this time around.

People posted under youtubes, contacted their friends and family... the whole nine yards.

If we're going to help make this successful, a whole lot of us are going to need to get busy. It's too late in the game for just one or two people to do all of this.

qft I remember seeing a ton of links for the first moneybomb on youtube, that's how I found out about it!! Just everyone pick out your favorite anthem and go mention something big is taking place and to be apart of it!!!

LibertyEagle
06-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Unfortunately the meetups were told to fold into C4L, but now C4L for FEC reasons can't have anything to do with the campaign... it's kinda a mess in that regard.... people are reviving them and setting up new ones but there is no central structure.

We are posting under youtubes and in comments on relevant articles, at least I am. I hope people are posting in other forums they go to, that is what got me on the first money bombs I donated to. Mind you that was on the day itself with the ticker rising, which was pretty neat... but when I go to post, I see others are posting too, so it isn't just me. :p

I don't recall there ever being a central structure for Meetup, per se. Regardless, that still leaves us with the gold/silver dealers with websites, newsletters, or radio shows. Also friendly financial newsletters. Has anyone contacted Peter Schiff? And how about the guy who owns that RonPaul2012 Facebook page that has tons of subscribers? Does he know about the moneybomb? He could let those over 100,000 friends of his know about the moneybomb.

These things could provide a huge bang for the efforts and were part of what made the moneybombs during the last election so successful.

Thing is, this time a lot more than just a few people are going to need to take part in getting these things done.

Note: For you shy folks, this is not hard. A paragraph or two is all it requires. These people are mostly all friendly to Dr. Paul's ideas already.

sailingaway
06-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't recall there ever being a central structure for Meetup, per se. Regardless, that still leaves us with the gold/silver dealers with websites, newsletters, or radio shows. Also friendly financial newsletters. Has anyone contacted Peter Schiff? And how about the guy who owns that RonPaul2012 Facebook page that has tons of subscribers? Does he know about the moneybomb? He could let those over 100,000 friends of his know about the moneybomb.

These things could provide a huge bang for the efforts.

I agree. I don't know how to get to the financial / gold newsletters but they do often pick these up. I am starting to see it in a few blogs.

LibertyEagle
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I agree. I don't know how to get to the financial / gold newsletters but they do often pick these up. I am starting to see it in a few blogs.

A friend and I got the gold/silver dealers in the last election by googling. There are lists out there. The financial newsletters are a little trickier in that a much smaller proportion of them like the good doctor. But, there are several that are worth the shot. Such as Mark Skousen's newsletter, Don McAlvany's newsletter...

Who are the radio folks we know that are very friendly to Ron Paul? That Charles whomever guy (He was in the FOR LIBERTY video), also the radio host that Collins talked about all the time, and how about the Southern Avenger? There are more than a few precious metal guys who have radio shows and really like Ron Paul. Those are just starts.

Oh, and Dr. Mercola, who LOVES Ron Paul and has the largest natural medicine website in existence. We need to make sure he knows about it and send him links to one of the best videos about the moneybomb. Well, I also seem to remember Dr. Paul wrote something recently about unpasteurized milk. We should send that too. Last election, he posted videos and wrote an article about Ron Paul and posted them on his website. www.mercola.com

Has anyone approached Lew Rockwell about announcing this moneybomb? He may not be able to do it, but it sure wouldn't hurt to ask. Also, Future of Freedom Foundation, the Birch Society, and what is that website (dang I can't remember squat tonight) that a man named Read started with Dr. Paul? It was one of the first liberty organizations in existence. Does anyone remember its name? They have a great website with tons of good stuff on it. All should be very friendly to Dr. Paul.

Is anyone willing to help with all this? We do not have much time.

HarryBrowneLives
06-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Richard Daughty (AKA THE Mogambo Guru) has a huge economic newsletter and is funny as hell to boot. I love that guy.

LibertyEagle
06-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Way cool!. Does he by chance have a website? Since we only have a couple days to get to them and get them to announce this moneybomb on the 5th, that is. :)

truthdivides
06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
And how about the guy who owns that RonPaul2012 Facebook page that has tons of subscribers? Does he know about the moneybomb? He could let those over 100,000 friends of his know about the moneybomb.

I assume he does, the profile picture is the legalize gold and silver blue/eagle picture. He seems to be on top of things, so I would assume he'll be putting updates on the moneybomb up throughout the day and encouraging people to donate.

tnvoter
06-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I haven't donated to any political cause since 2008 for Dr. Paul.

I will be donating again June 5.

4Knights4RonPaul
06-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Can we muster up some signs to put up:

Rop Paul Patriots Unite
June 5th Money Bomb
www.ronpaul2012.com

Cigaboo
06-03-2011, 02:33 AM
Ready to donate when the time comes.

I'm in agreement that we need, and should be able to raise a lot more money quicker than our last campaign. And I hope the campaign starts spending the money on advertising earlier too. The faster we get the word out for Ron Paul, the more supporters we'll gain. The more supporters, the more people to spread the word and donate even more money.

libertarian4321
06-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Yeah, I'll donate something.

But what is with the rather fringe-sounding "legalize gold and silver" bit?

That ain't going to help.

tangent4ronpaul
06-03-2011, 03:25 AM

That's a very nice donation, but I'd like to say be careful.

For one, if you max out you won't be able to donate in later money bombs were you money could be used to get others to match and thus extend it.

Secondly, last time the campaign just sent campaign supplies out to Meetups upon request. Then without notice, they started making us pay for them and this came out of our donation limit. We don't know what they are going to do this time, but if you max out you may be preventing yourself from buying slim jims, yard signs, T's etc from the campaign.

-t

LibertyEagle
06-03-2011, 03:36 AM
//

LibertyEagle
06-03-2011, 03:38 AM
That's a very nice donation, but I'd like to say be careful.

For one, if you max out you won't be able to donate in later money bombs were you money could be used to get others to match and thus extend it.

Secondly, last time the campaign just sent campaign supplies out to Meetups upon request. Then without notice, they started making us pay for them and this came out of our donation limit. We don't know what they are going to do this time, but if you max out you may be preventing yourself from buying slim jims, yard signs, T's etc from the campaign.

-t

It's not a great idea to discourage someone from donating early in the campaign. They told us that 1 dollar now is worth 5 dollars later on. They need the money now in order to plan.

As far as the supplies are concerned, last time if you had maxed out they would give you the supplies. I know this from personal experience.

Bergie Bergeron
06-03-2011, 01:10 PM
bump

tangent4ronpaul
06-03-2011, 02:45 PM
It's not a great idea to discourage someone from donating early in the campaign. They told us that 1 dollar now is worth 5 dollars later on. They need the money now in order to plan.

As far as the supplies are concerned, last time if you had maxed out they would give you the supplies. I know this from personal experience.

Not trying to discourage him from donating, just saying be careful. As in think about pacing yourself a bit. He probably donated to the last one, and is planning to donate half of everything that he can with about a year to go.

I do agree that early dollars are worth more.

-t

sailingaway
06-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I'll donate something.

But what is with the rather fringe-sounding "legalize gold and silver" bit?

That ain't going to help.

I don't mention that part.

sailingaway
06-03-2011, 02:58 PM

this

TruePatriotFreedomLover
06-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the official site now has 'The Revolution vs Romneycare' moneybomb section up- check it out:
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/06/03/june-5th-money-bomb-the-revolution-vs-romneycare/

sailingaway
06-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the official site now has 'The Revolution vs Romneycare' moneybomb section up- check it out:
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/06/03/june-5th-money-bomb-the-revolution-vs-romneycare/

yeah, and the media is picking it up. We need to come through.

Johnnymac
06-03-2011, 09:59 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
06-03-2011, 11:51 PM
yeah, and the media is picking it up. We need to come through.

Agreed. Has anyone contacted Peter Schiff and some of the people I mentioned a few posts up? Seriously, we have to make sure everyone knows so that they can promote it to their respective audiences. We do not have much time to do this.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-04-2011, 03:45 PM

We are posting under youtubes and in comments on relevant articles, at least I am. I hope people are posting in other forums they go to, that is what got me on the first money bombs I donated to. Mind you that was on the day itself with the ticker rising, which was pretty neat... but when I go to post, I see others are posting too, so it isn't just me. :pYeah, and Facebook has changed their structure too which has caused us some problems too....grrr... :mad:

Napoleon's Shadow
06-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Good idea, don't know if it will happen though. Has Ron ever done this in the past? :confused:

ItsTime
06-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Legalize gold and silver and on a sunday were REALLY bad marketing ideas. Lets over come the handicap and make this huge anyway!

Good idea, don't know if it will happen though. Has Ron ever done this in the past? :confused:

No idea. But his staff seems to be pushing this money bomb hard so I would assume they will be doing their part!

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Digg this to help spread the message! http://digg.com/news/politics/june_5th_ron_paul_moneybomb

pacelli
06-04-2011, 05:39 PM
The most obvious issue in the -07-08 campaign was that the BIG fundraisers came too late. Ron himself stated at the time that they were going to have a difficult time figuring out how to spend it.

This is the reason why this moneybomb is so important. It isn't to contend with Mitt-for-brains Romney. The goal of this moneybomb is to give Ron Paul a huge fundraising EXPLOSION so that the campaign can WIN the early states. This is not a reactive moneybomb. Whoever wrote the Ron Paul email talking about Romney's 10 million was selling it short.

This is a preparatory moneybomb. Allow the campaign to prepare for... well... THE CAMPAIGN. If we can inject the campaign with several million dollars tomorrow, they will be able to effectively plan for their expenses for Iowa in order TO WIN, NOT MERELY EDUCATE.

Make no mistake about it... tomorrow is a financial test of the entire grassroots. Ron needs no more convincing. It took about 1.5 million dollars to convince Ron to run. If I am to believe the email, Ron wants to win. Ron is essentially saying he'd like several million dollars RIGHT NOW, in order to win the early states.

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 05:47 PM
The most obvious issue in the -07-08 campaign was that the BIG fundraisers came too late. Ron himself stated at the time that they were going to have a difficult time figuring out how to spend it.

This is the reason why this moneybomb is so important. It isn't to contend with Mitt-for-brains Romney. The goal of this moneybomb is to give Ron Paul a huge fundraising EXPLOSION so that the campaign can WIN the early states. This is not a reactive moneybomb. Whoever wrote the Ron Paul email talking about Romney's 10 million was selling it short.

This is a preparatory moneybomb. Allow the campaign to prepare for... well... THE CAMPAIGN. If we can inject the campaign with several million dollars tomorrow, they will be able to effectively plan for their expenses for Iowa in order TO WIN, NOT MERELY EDUCATE.

Make no mistake about it... tomorrow is a financial test of the entire grassroots. Ron needs no more convincing. It took about 1.5 million dollars to convince Ron to run. If I am to believe the email, Ron wants to win. Ron is essentially saying he'd like several million dollars RIGHT NOW, in order to win the early states.

This is the point. They appear to be patterning this meme, even the graphic, on the Rand Paul fight moneybomb which was responsive to a fundraiser Grayson had in DC. http://www.kentuckyfight.com/ But that isn't the point. The point is that Ron needs to run a first class campaign and that involves heavy mobilization at the front end (straw poll) and advertising. He needs money to get his message to more people CORRECTLY not the way the media spins it, so he has new donors. He never intended to just run the same race he already ran. Hence the money bomb. And now that Ron has sent out his email referencing Mitt as a challenge, I really hope we can come through. And that takes advertising this outside this forum, as well as within it.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Don't think Ron Paul has ever done that. Hopefully something is planned, otherwise this money bomb probably ain't going to do so well.

The ticker is very nice though. Would like to see Ron Paul go directly after his opponents this time (including on television.)

AgentOrange
06-04-2011, 06:10 PM
OK, I haven't donated since 4 years ago, so could someone remind me of the rules? What are the contributory limits for an individual and/or couple? Also, someone is this thread said that buying campaign advertising stuff counts towards the limits (ie bumper stickers, slimjims, t-shirts)--is that correct? Thanks!

ItsTime
06-04-2011, 06:14 PM
OK, I haven't donated since 4 years ago, so could someone remind me of the rules? What are the contributory limits for an individual and/or couple? Also, someone is this thread said that buying campaign advertising stuff counts towards the limits (ie bumper stickers, slimjims, t-shirts)--is that correct? Thanks!

Max is 2500$/person 5000$/couple. If you buy items from the campaign it counts, if you buy it from someone else it does not.

Thanks for making a donation tomorrow!

sailingaway
06-04-2011, 07:40 PM
You can digg it here: http://digg.com/news/politics/june_5th_ron_paul_moneybomb