PDA

View Full Version : Valley Illinois Man Faces 75 Years In Prison For Recording Law Enforcement

hillbilly123069
06-02-2011, 08:48 AM
http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=190687

Legend1104
06-02-2011, 08:59 AM
I for one fully agree. He should not be breaking the law. Can't do the time, don't do the time.

Wouldn't it be crazy if I really believed that?!

hillbilly123069
06-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Took me a second to think of something civil to say. The 1st time this were to go to jury trial, it would be beat down.
If you record a cop violating the law, where's the criminal intent? I knew once upon a time you had to prove there was intentional criminal behavior, but they snowball people into plea deals so it could never get before a jury to be thrown out.

belian78
06-02-2011, 09:03 AM
I hate living in this state. If my town wasn't as small and conservative minded as it is, I'd move in a heartbeat.

t0rnado
06-02-2011, 09:14 AM
People need to stop paying property taxes if the people who are employed with those taxes are going to kidnap and cage them.

HOLLYWOOD
06-02-2011, 09:19 AM
A dozen states have laws against filming police without their consent and is a Class 1 felony. Can't believe it's even thought of as a crime... let alone the worse possible penalty. That immediately should send a red flag to even the dumbest of citizens of what is happening in this country. Violates the 1st Amendment anyway.

Who the hell passes such laws? Those politicians should be thrown out, but we all come to realize, it's all to protect government Tyranny, Control, and Incriminate anyone who challenges the state.

Chester Copperpot
06-02-2011, 09:23 AM
that was a good article.. this guy better be found innocent..

and if he isnt then every cop in illinois should be arrested and sentenced to 15 years everytime they record the people without their consent

Danke
06-02-2011, 09:24 AM
They can record you, but not the other way around. If you film, disable the mic/audio.

aGameOfThrones
06-02-2011, 12:26 PM
They can record you, but not the other way around. If you film, disable the mic/audio.

Or, don't answer the "are you recording audio" question when ask by the pirates.

AFPVet
06-02-2011, 01:00 PM
The wiretapping law goes both ways. If you can't record their audio, they shall not record yours.... People should start suing for having their audio recorded without a warrant or permission.

Grubb556
06-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Didn't a court rule that recording police in public is okay, because they have no expectation to privacy?

Soca Taliban
06-02-2011, 01:40 PM
I tell ya man, people should be judged on an individual basis, but its hard not to hate all police officers and politicians when you read stories like these.

AFPVet
06-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Didn't a court rule that recording police in public is okay, because they have no expectation to privacy?

It may have been the Maryland case....

Grubb556
06-02-2011, 01:43 PM
I tell ya man, people should be judged on an individual basis, but its hard not to hate all police officers and politicians when you read stories like these.

I agree with you, but police abuse seems like a systemic problem.

flightlesskiwi
06-02-2011, 01:54 PM
are you kidding me!?!

at least the dang media covering this gets it:

all these police officers that were recorded tazing, punching, or shoving unarmed citizens, none of them served any prison time

Soca Taliban
06-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I agree with you, but police abuse seems like a systemic problem.

I agree and honestly I wish we had someone like V for Vendetta to start putting these thugs out of their misery, but then I have to logically come back and still think you must judge individuals on a case by case basis.

mrsat_98
06-02-2011, 08:36 PM
If the cop did anything illegal, then he was not recording the officer but the criminal in his individual capacity.

AGRP
06-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I guess we better sentence every detective who secretly video/audio records interrogations.

puppetmaster
06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
If the cop did anything illegal, then he was not recording the officer but the criminal in his individual capacity.

there ya go

doodle
06-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Those laws technically make it illegal to record on-duty law enforcement officials without their consent. The penalty for that crime here in Illinois, is a class 1 felony.

So the people who recorded rodney king beating by cops would have been in violation of the law had that beating taken place in IL?

DamianTV
06-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Since when would criminals ever want their actions of committing crimes to be recorded? In this case, the criminals are the cops. Jeez, and they wonder why they dont want to be recorded, and get laws passed that enable their actions. I am so sick and tired of hearing of crap like this (depriving us of any recourse, making self defense illegal) that I am just about to give up completely on this entire country. For every liberty depriving law that we get repealed, there are 10,000 more put on the books to enforce the same law that was just repealed. And most retards go for this shit. I mean fuck, look at California. One time gay marriage is legal, next time it isnt, then it is again, then it isnt again. People seem to just vote for what ever they are told to vote for. If the repeal of the Federal Reserve ever actually came up on a vote to the people, and the media goes out of their way to have another Obama Style Love Fest for the Fed, at least 3 out of 4 of the fucking morons of California would probably vote to keep the Fed, give it more power, then wonder why their economy is shit.

belian78
06-03-2011, 11:26 AM
LOL, I got neg rep'd by kiwi for my comment with a message of 'good riddance'. Lovely..

Dr.3D
06-03-2011, 11:35 AM
LOL, I got neg rep'd by kiwi for my comment with a message of 'good riddance'. Lovely..

I wouldn't worry about it. I seriously doubt he has enough rep to do any kind of damage.

belian78
06-03-2011, 11:48 AM
I have no idea how you even do that. Heh...

flightlesskiwi
06-03-2011, 12:08 PM
don't know how i managed to -rep you, belian. i was meaning to +rep you! if it can be rectified, someone explain to me how.

flightlesskiwi
06-03-2011, 12:09 PM
also, my whole message was "i used to live in so IL and when i moved i thought good riddance"

belian78
06-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Ah I gotcha, no worries. :)