PDA

View Full Version : Army of Volunteers at All your Large Events! (Use of balloons)

denvervoipguru
06-12-2007, 12:12 AM
What do almost all voters bring with them to large family events like parades?

Kids.

How can we recruit all those kids to bring Ron Paul's message of Freedom and Small Government to their parents FOR US, while we chill out at our booth engaging voters in lively political discourse?

Answer: Balloons...yes...FREE Balloons...

Kids love helium balloons, and parents love 'em too when they're FREE.

Use a hole punch to punch a hole in the corner of an outreach postcard (Denver Ron Paul MeetUp uses postcards and they work GREAT) and tie it to the string on the balloon!! Parents will be very receptive to reading the outreach card when their child brings it to them.

We can tell the kid, "Here you go Johnny...Tell Mommy this card will save your future, ok?"

We can get 1000 TWO Color RON PAUL REVOLUTION balloons for
$199.00 - They cheaper in quantity. If this catches on, maybe local MeetUps could combine for a drop shipped order.

Wouldn't you chip in $10.00 to your MeetUp group for this kind of an outreach tool?!? :D

princessredtights
06-12-2007, 08:40 AM

Kids.

How can we recruit all those kids to bring Ron Paul's message of Freedom and Small Government to their parents FOR US, while we chill out at our booth engaging voters in lively political discourse?

Use a hole punch to punch a hole in the corner of an outreach postcard (Denver Ron Paul MeetUp uses postcards and they work GREAT) and tie it to the string on the balloon!! Parents will be very receptive to reading the outreach card when their child brings it to them.

We can tell the kid, "Here you go Johnny...Tell Mommy this card will save your future, ok?"

$199.00 - They cheaper in quantity. If this catches on, maybe local MeetUps could combine for a drop shipped order.

Wouldn't you chip in $10.00 to your MeetUp group for this kind of an outreach tool?!? :D

Can you tell me more about your postcards?

Our group is participating in the 4th of July parade - we will have up to 20 people walking and handing out flyers, cd's etc ... I'd be curious to know what you use?

Thanks

archemeedees
06-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Oh yeah! I love this idea! Do you have a design you can offer? Is this an online order?

denvervoipguru
06-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Here's a couple of the best places I found for the printed balloons...
1000, 11”, 2 color = $199.00

http://www.kardwell.com/balloons.htm

11”, 2 color = $209.00

14”, 229.00

http://www.asisupplier.com/73200/

As for our postcards, we have THOUSANDS of them we got through a friend of a friend. They're just black print on an uncoated card stock (maybe 60# cover?)

I'll ping my head Organizer now and see if she has a pdf to post.

But basically the card has a large picture of RP on the front, with the usual bullets on the back (Never voted to raise taxes, never took a paid junkett, never....etc....etc)

Funny thing is that half of these are printed on light blue paper and the other half on pink, which will work REALLY well for this balloon idea

denvervoipguru
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I was just thinking the Ron Paul Revolution logo

Patty4RonPaul
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi,

You will find the file for the small card to attach to balloons (that denvervoipguru is talking about) at this URL (help yourselves to all the other files as well!)

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/26/files/

The file name is: RonPaul4by5FlyerRev2

It is a PDF file. CAVEAT--to modify the reverse side bottom "Get Involved":

1. Extract that page from Acrobat into Photoshop (both Adobe. Also, be careful to note the page orientation of page 2 as you will want to duplicate it for the finished product.)

2. Change the "Get Involved" URL to your MeetUp location.

3. Save the page in Photoshop as a PDF (Acrobat) file.

4. In Acrobat File Maker, reinsert the revised PDF page into the document. (Otherwise you'll be sending everyone to Denver :rolleyes: .)

If you don't have access to Adobe PDF file maker, the insertion of your revised page to the original document should cost next to nothing at any decent copy center.

Thanks,

Patty

Inflation
08-19-2007, 12:31 PM

Kids.

Our SF Meetup likes the balloon idea too! Result? RonPaulBalloons.com is ready to take contributions and orders!!!

We've already got almost 1/3 of the $999 goal met!!!

After some research, I've decided on huge 17" balloons. Anything smaller is too dinky and won't be visible to anyone but the kids holding them. 17s are almost visible from orbit. For these blimps, people will be more willing to donate a dollar.

Paypal money to donate@ronpaulballoons.com, or, orders@ronpaulballoons.com.

tron paul
08-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Our SF Meetup likes the balloon idea too! Result? RonPaulBalloons.com is ready to take contributions and orders!!!

We've already got almost 1/3 of the $999 goal met!!!

After some research, I've decided on huge 17" balloons. Anything smaller is too dinky and won't be visible to anyone but the kids holding them. 17s are almost visible from orbit. For these blimps, people will be more willing to donate a dollar.

Paypal money to donate@ronpaulballoons.com, or, orders@ronpaulballoons.com.

What is going to be on these balloons? One side is "Ron Paul 2008 - Hope for America," but what about the back?

Does anyone else like this "Don't hate the player (Bush pic), hate the Game (Washington)" graphic from the Kill The Donkephant blog? http://bayimg.com/magdpAAbC

Edit: the image isn't displaying, here's the url: http://bayimg.com/magdpAAbC