PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Polling Project: Ron Paul & Romney vs Obama

rp08orbust
06-01-2011, 11:29 PM
While robopolling has proven to be an inefficient way for us to identify Ron Paul supporters (see http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?296168-5-31-2011-Florida-Robopoll-Results-%28Ron-2nd-with-16-%29 ), I wouldn't be opposed to robopolling for other purposes if there were enough donations for it.

For $135 I got 83 responses. But if I had made 10,000 calls or more (I only made 2,500), and if I had bought a Skype number for caller ID instead of using their temporary number, it would have cost a bit less per call. For about $750 I could have made 15,000 calls and gotten about 500 poll responses.

I'm wondering how much interest there would be in this: Conduct a poll among all registered voters in Florida asking two questions, one pitting Mitt Romney against Obama and the other pitting Ron Paul against Obama. I don't think anyone would trust our poll if it showed Ron Paul doing better than Mitt Romney against Obama in Florida, but if it did, we could plaster the results all over the internet and possibly prompt a more respectable polling company to include Ron Paul in matchups with Obama. Or it might embolden the Ron Paul campaign to use the argument that Ron Paul would do better than other Republican candidates in important swing states like Florida. Or if nothing else, it might be a good morale booster for us.

Would anyone donate for such a poll?

t0rnado
06-02-2011, 12:14 AM
At $0.05 per call, it would be far better than the official campaign's $2.75 per call(http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php#libertyontheline).

I would donate to this over that.

rp08orbust
06-02-2011, 12:29 AM
At $0.05 per call, it would be far better than the official campaign's $2.75 per call(http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php#libertyontheline).

Notice that it says $11 to reach four voters. I only reached 1 voter for more than $10.

parocks
06-02-2011, 01:54 AM
how much does it cost for more questions? Is it more expensive to ask more questions? Just a straight up poll would be good. Ask everyone their first second and third choices.

rp08orbust
06-02-2011, 02:22 AM
how much does it cost for more questions? Is it more expensive to ask more questions? Just a straight up poll would be good. Ask everyone their first second and third choices.

The cost increases with the number of questions and the total length of the messages.

BUSHLIED
06-02-2011, 05:09 AM
I must say that I like the idea of taking matters into your own hand and doing a little bit of your own polling. However, I am not sure you could get the media at-large to accept the results of the poll. They could argue that you made up the results. There would have to be an identity way to confirm the authenticity of the poll. I am not sure if that could be done.

I like the idea of doing insider polling used to collect data that the "campaign" can use strategically or tactically. Rather than relying on others to poll, the grassroots and/or the campaign should do some of their own polling regardless. For example, you could find out what are the issues that resonate most with voters in a particular geographic location or what counties or localities Ron is strong in or weak in. The response rate from Robopolling seems to be very poor and I not sure it is worth the cost but it could very well be valuable. That being said, if you are in FL and you want to know information about FL voters, you could do this within a meet-up group by acquiring the 2008 GOP voting list from the Board of Elections or from the various GOP committees, generate a random numbers list, organize a script and tally sheet, spend some money on food//drink, and make the calls. Then disseminate the information to the various meet-up group, precinct captains etc...its a good way to ignite the meet-ups and build the excitement.

Anyway, back to your main point, I think you really have to find a quality polling company to do the polling and since you are going to make the effort, you really should have about 5 questions that takes about 2 minutes are less to poll.

rp08orbust
06-02-2011, 09:33 PM
bump

trey4sports
06-02-2011, 09:42 PM

This is a ROBOcall, while the campaign is doing live volunteer calling....

rp08orbust
06-05-2011, 06:52 PM
bump