PDA

View Full Version : More grammar mistakes from "Ron Paul" on facebook...

freshjiva
06-01-2011, 09:01 PM
lol. Seriously, is it that difficult to just hire a competent writer?

My hearing went well today. Did you that 88% of the bank bailout money through the discount window went to foreign banks?

specialkornflake
06-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Saw that too. Ron Paul has a lot of good ideas but I wouldn't want him as a CEO. I wouldn't mind him as president though because he just has to fire everyone, heh!

thehungarian
06-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Holy shit he forgot the word "know". /suicide

BamaAla
06-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm serious about this race and I know everyone here is serious about this race, but sometimes it seems like Ron Paul isn't serious about this race. We donate enough money for him to hire some competent people, but it always appears that some boob is running the show. It is irritating.

BamaAla
06-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Holy shit he forgot the word "know". /suicide

If it was an isolated incident, it would be one thing; however, it is not nearly a one off mistake.

kylejack
06-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Ron Paul probably isn't doing the social media stuff. He supposedly tweeted during the hearing that the hearing would be re-airing later in the night with details. I sincerely doubt that was him.

Vessol
06-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Ron Paul probably isn't doing the social media stuff. He supposedly tweeted during the hearing that the hearing would be re-airing later in the night with details. I sincerely doubt that was him.

I doubt Ron Paul is on a cell phone tweeting. I can't really see it.

Some staffer is running his Facebook and he needs to be removed.

jake
06-01-2011, 09:12 PM
terrible. does this person know of the word "proofreading" ?

maybe we need an official "get a new facebook guy" e-mail campaign to the official RP2012 campaign? :confused:

Vessol
06-01-2011, 09:14 PM
terrible. does this person know of the word "proofreading" ?

maybe we need an official "get a new facebook guy" e-mail campaign to the official RP2012 campaign? :confused:

it's a little distressing how long this has been going on..

AGRP
06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
The sentence structure is also very poor. What level of education does this person have?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-01-2011, 09:21 PM
it's a little distressing how long this has been going on..

Between this and the 2008 campaign staff, it's probably not unfair to say hiring bad help is Ron Paul's modus operandi at this point. And he apparently has too much loyalty to get rid of amateur hour and hire people based only on competence, and not friendship or nepotism.

kylejack
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
This is the easiest thing ever. Why is this nonsense tolerated? It isn't even like it would be hard to get someone competent. A $12/hour intern can be found that can write grammatically-correct updates. I'm also dissatisfied with the frequency and relevance of the updates. They need to step it up.

Vessol
06-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Hell. Give me room and board and I'll work as an intern for free!

Gets me the hell out of this hellhole of a town plus looks good on a resume!

BUSHLIED
06-01-2011, 09:38 PM
This is the easiest thing ever. Why is this nonsense tolerated? It isn't even like it would be hard to get someone competent. A $12/hour intern can be found that can write grammatically-correct updates. I'm also dissatisfied with the frequency and relevance of the updates. They need to step it up.

I wonder what the organizational structure of the new campaign looks like this time around..I know Jesse Benton is the main guy...but who else is working on the main campaign? Who is the "ideas" guy?

kylejack
06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
n/t

Vessol
06-01-2011, 09:43 PM
n/t

Lol I saw that before you edited :P.

Koch Brothers..yeahhhh..

kylejack
06-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Lol I saw that before you edited :P.

Koch Brothers..yeahhhh..
I just posted it to the wrong thread. I moved it to the Grassroots projects thread.

MaxPower
06-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately, it does seem that staff selection has never been among Ron Paul's strong suits; it is a foible that's been hurting him ever since the old newsletter hullabaloo. At least one acquaintance I know of has described him as an "absent-minded professor" type who is always thinking about the big picture and big ideas, but has a certain carelessness when it comes to the little things.

Jeremy
06-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Saw that too. Ron Paul has a lot of good ideas but I wouldn't want him as a CEO. I wouldn't mind him as president though because he just has to fire everyone, heh!

Fact check: It's Jesse Benton posting, not Ron Paul.

kylejack
06-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately, it does seem that staff selection has never been among Ron Paul's strong suits; it is a foible that's been hurting him ever since the old newsletter hullabaloo. At least one acquaintance I know of has described him as an "absent-minded professor" type who is always thinking about the big picture and big ideas, but has a certain carelessness when it comes to the little things.
Yeah. It would be nice if he could make just one good hire of a Terminator of a campaign manager, and give him full control on staffing.

Suzu
06-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Since when does anyone here (besides me and a handful of others) give a rip about grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation?

kylejack
06-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Since when does anyone here (besides me and a handful of others) give a rip about grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation?
Anyone here is not who we are trying to win over. Most anyone here is already on board.

KingRobbStark
06-01-2011, 10:10 PM

This

kylejack
06-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Just to get everything out in the open so we can move on, there should probably be a Bad Things Jesse Benton Did thread.

Carehn
06-01-2011, 10:26 PM
This is not a big deal. Half the time Ron talks this way.

Thrashertm
06-01-2011, 10:28 PM
lol. Seriously, is it that difficult to just hire a competent writer?

Benton must go.

kylejack
06-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Move Benton to Congressional office manager or some other safe slot. Bring in a real campaign manager.

Billay
06-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Report it as a fake!

truthdivides
06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Report it as a fake!

Definitely not what we need to do.

KurtBoyer25L
06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
I agree that this is a problem, but then again the official campaign page for the new Iowa projects has "you're" instead of "your" in the first paragraph. :-/

kylejack
06-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Though the campaign isn't releasing the first ad until Monday, Paul spokesman Jesse Benton described it to CBS News: "We set up some man on the street interviews with New Hampshire citizens, and we film them talking about Ron and why they like him, why he's appealing," he said.

"It's just very positive, trying to introduce Dr. Paul to the citizens of New Hampshire," he added.

http://i.imgur.com/OWsDT.gif
He's catching on. I'm telling ya!

belian78
06-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Well now there's a picture of Bernake with a pinnoccio nose posted by his FB page. I'm sorry, but that is something we would do as supporters. It's absolutely not something his official FB page should be doing if he wants to be taken seriously as a presidential candidate.

What is the email address? I can't find it on the official website.

doodle
06-01-2011, 11:14 PM
There are two things that apply to all great revolutions.

1- Revolution won't be televised

2- Revolution won't be grammar/spell checked

We need to take a step back and reconsider what we are focussing on.

BamaAla
06-01-2011, 11:47 PM

So this Benton guy is posting and running the campaign? Who is he and what are his qualifications?

parocks
06-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Hell. Give me room and board and I'll work as an intern for free!

Gets me the hell out of this hellhole of a town plus looks good on a resume!

are you planning on going to iowa or are you thinking that the iowa campaign isn't really looking for out of staters?

BUSHLIED
06-02-2011, 03:02 AM
The campaign is never going to satisfy everyone, no one is perfect...you have to just do your best, do what you can with what you have control over, and let go...you do have control over voicing your concerns or suggestions in the most positive way but then you have to let go knowing that you have expressed yourself...otherwise, you are just going to get frustrated and angry, which will take energy away from you. It might be that the campaign is not as competent in certain areas BUT we do have the right message which is our strength...I am sure everyone is doing the best they can...I feel your frustration and I have many concerns myself BUT what can I really do about it, hell, you don't like how some things are going then apply to work for the campaign...

Sentinelrv
06-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Well now there's a picture of Bernake with a pinnoccio nose posted by his FB page. I'm sorry, but that is something we would do as supporters. It's absolutely not something his official FB page should be doing if he wants to be taken seriously as a presidential candidate.

What is the email address? I can't find it on the official website.

From what I heard, the Ron Paul 2012 Facebook isn't run by the campaign, unless they've taken it over.

acptulsa
06-02-2011, 03:47 AM
From what I heard, the Ron Paul 2012 Facebook isn't run by the campaign, unless they've taken it over.

I thought it was. Are you thinking of the Ron Paul 12 fb?

BUSHLIED
06-02-2011, 04:16 AM
I thought it was. Are you thinking of the Ron Paul 12 fb?

What the original poster is referring is the "Ron Paul" FB page that is not explicitly related to the grassroots...I suspect this is run by his congressional staff or C4L or perhaps someone who had this page from the beginning and retained the responsibility of updating it (although this is not likely). It seems to me that this is THE Ron Paul facebook page though NOT one of the derivatives

Sentinelrv
06-02-2011, 04:27 AM
This is the one I'm talking about...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/ronpaul12

The one that updated a picture of Bernanke with a Pinnchio nose. That's a grassroots Facebook page not run by the campaign. I can't confirm this but I heard it was run by the same people that run RonPaul.com.

olehounddog
06-02-2011, 04:38 AM
I think somebody misspelled a word.

acptulsa
06-02-2011, 04:54 AM
The one that updated a picture of Bernanke with a Pinnchio nose. That's a grassroots Facebook page not run by the campaign. I can't confirm this but I heard it was run by the same people that run RonPaul.com.

I don't know what else the guy runs, but that isn't an official campaign thing. But I believe ronpaul2012 is.

mczerone
06-02-2011, 05:42 AM
The sentence structure is also very poor. What level of education does this person have?

Probably a graduate degree, they don't teach attention to detail.

SO? Ron Paul needs to be in control, or to delegate control to someone competent. If it's Benton posting, then Paul needs to replace Benton. Successful Executives know what is going out on their company's media, ESPECIALLY if there are simple errors.

Because we're aware of the audience we're trying to reach - who are concerned with such things, at least subconsciously.

This is not a big deal. Half the time Ron talks this way.

Talking is not Writing. Ron's speaking style is not something to emulate, and the written word needs to be more formal to be taken seriously by an audience.

These mistakes are the same mistakes made with the newsletters; Ron can't allow those who control his image to do so in a sophomoric fashion.

gls
06-02-2011, 07:41 AM
I don't think it is too much to ask for some basic proofreading before sending out a message to close to 400,000 people.

Ron's internet presence should be controlled by a team of professional social media experts, not his grandkids.

zerosdontcount
06-02-2011, 07:42 AM
I posted on Ron's FB wall which was deleted immediately, but I think they got the message before they deleted it.. hopefully.

Carehn
06-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Talking is not Writing. Ron's speaking style is not something to emulate, and the written word needs to be more formal to be taken seriously by an audience.
These mistakes are the same mistakes made with the newsletters; Ron can't allow those who control his image to do so in a sophomoric fashion.
I agree, its just not the end of the world. If i was Ron i would go get some brainiack collage chick. But hes a softy i would bet and does not want to shit can this person.

cdc482
06-02-2011, 01:15 PM
CEO's actually make the most grammar mistakes. Learned this in my Organizational Behavior class.

Eric21ND
06-02-2011, 02:47 PM
The sentence structure was clearly formulated by a moron. To 95% of the population that message doesn't convey anything but confusion.

Mallory
06-02-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm in college and writing is one of my strong points....also I'll be in iowa...anything I can do then to volunteer with this stuff?

w2992
06-02-2011, 04:12 PM
this is a crazy thread the meaning of the words are obvious. He is very busy and it is more important to me to get the info asap. questions can be answered later. Doctors spend more time learning latin btw.

Billay
06-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Why?

MelissaWV
06-02-2011, 04:23 PM
this is a crazy thread the meaning of the words are obvious. He is very busy and it is more important to me to get the info asap. questions can be answered later. Doctors spend more time learning latin btw.

I understood half of that.