PDA

View Full Version : Laura Ingraham Plays The TV Ad

ScotTX
10-29-2007, 07:35 AM
She started off her show this morning by announcing that the Pauliacs are mad at her again for not including RP in her last poll about who can unite the Republican party. She said they would have an all RP poll next just for us. Then she played the TV ad 3 times in a 2 minute period. She seemed to like it, aside from the bad acting. She really liked the "he's catching on!" line at the end.

DjLoTi
10-29-2007, 07:36 AM
kewl :)

LibertyEagle
10-29-2007, 07:37 AM
She's pretty darn fair with us, all considered.

micahnelson
10-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Maybe its not so bad. I mean, its repulsive to the tech savvy among us, but lets face it we HAVE as many tech savvy people as we are going to get.

This ad is cheesy and a little stupid- just like all the other advertising that seems to work on the masses.

If it works, i support it. I don't care what tune the piper plays, just as long as the rats follow him.

constituent
10-29-2007, 07:46 AM
laura ingraham is a stooge and though all life has value,
she's as close as it gets to worthless. another clown,
another talking head.

that said,

the new commercials are just like the "old" congressional
commercials (i have a tape of them if you absolutely must
have proof before you stfu about it, i'll even pay shipping
to mail them to you). the "old" commercials seem to work
just fine (he gets elected right?)...

i really don't think it's RP supporters so loudly airing their
displeasures. this place is swarming w/ trolls and all varities
of jakassus maximus (as they are known in the scientific
community.) increasingly due to people like akus (picking
on akus for authoring the latest dipshit thread), this place
is utterly lacking in positivity/creativity/anything that made
this place worth visiting/wasting time at.

i don't really congregate here anymore just b/c you can't...
too many people knocking off acting like jerks.

usually i come to check and see what projects are unfolding
so that i can cover them for The Ron Paul Nation (http://www.ronpaulnation.com).

Anymore even coming here for that is a waste of my time and certainly
everyone else's time as well.

FrankRep
10-29-2007, 07:47 AM
I wish she played the second ad.

:(

belian78
10-29-2007, 08:00 AM
laura ingraham is a stooge and though all life has value,
she's as close as it gets to worthless. another clown,
another talking head.

that said,

the new commercials are just like the "old" congressional
commercials (i have a tape of them if you absolutely must
have proof before you stfu about it, i'll even pay shipping
to mail them to you). the "old" commercials seem to work
just fine (he gets elected right?)...

displeasures. this place is swarming w/ trolls and all varities
of jakassus maximus (as they are known in the scientific
community.) increasingly due to people like akus (picking
on akus for authoring the latest dipshit thread), this place
is utterly lacking in positivity/creativity/anything that made
this place worth visiting/wasting time out.

i don't really congregate here anymore just b/c you can't...
too many people knocking off acting like jerks.

usually i come to check and see what projects are unfolding
so that i can cover them for The Ron Paul Nation (http://www.ronpaulnation.com).

Anymore even coming here for that is a waste of my time and certainly
everyone else's time as well.

QFTx10000!!! i've seen it happen on so many other forums too, you'd think people'd realize what's going on by now? just stick together everyone, keep focusing on the grassroots efforts. now is not the time for bickering, it's time for doing. if someone is screaming their fool head off over the interwebs about one thing or another, let 'em. you keep doing your thing and dont get sidetracked. the people in here looking to only stir the pot and troll will quickly let themselves be known if we keep on focus...

UtahApocalypse
10-29-2007, 09:25 AM
I think laura is kinda like Vader, she acts all bad a neo-con, but deep down inside she wants Jedi Ron Paul to save our country.

Shink
10-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I think laura is kinda like Vader, she acts all bad a neo-con, but deep down inside she wants Jedi Ron Paul to save our country.

I'm smelling a youtube sensation. "RON PAUL: THE EMPIRE STRUCK DOWN"

Adamsa
10-29-2007, 09:32 AM

Great quote. :D

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm smelling a youtube sensation. "RON PAUL: THE EMPIRE STRUCK DOWN"

"Luke, Use the Constitution."

Shink
10-29-2007, 09:39 AM

LOL.

Superimpose Ron onto Luke, Hillary as the emperor, Al Gore as Jabba the Hutt, etc.

Someone w/the skill oughtta try this! :D

BillyDkid
10-29-2007, 09:42 AM
She started off her show this morning by announcing that the Pauliacs are mad at her again for not including RP in her last poll about who can unite the Republican party. She said they would have an all RP poll next just for us. Then she played the TV ad 3 times in a 2 minute period. She seemed to like it, aside from the bad acting. She really liked the "he's catching on!" line at the end.That's odd, because I really detested the "He's catching on!" bit. I am not really that familiar with Laura Ingraham. I caught a little bit of her giving a speech the other day on TV and my initial impression is that she is the thinking man's Anne Coulter - if there is such a thing. But, again, I don't know enough about her to have a firm opinion.

Taco John
10-29-2007, 09:55 AM

No she's not. She's patronizing...

Pizza God
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
She is not treating us like Hannity, the looser who comes on after him or even as bad as Glenn Beck. [I have not heard anything about Rush]

In fact I have only heard her say marginal to good things about us. Well she did make a joke at our expense, but you have to admit it was kind of funny, well at least I laughed.

slantedview
10-29-2007, 11:19 AM

I hope you guys realize how many times we've all seen this go back and forth.

"she's pretty fair"
"she's an evil bitch!"
"she's not that bad"
"she's out to get us!"

I'd rather not bother trying to read her. Some people are just confused and/or confusing.

slantedview
10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
LOL. We need a video with this, STAT!

mkrfctr
10-29-2007, 11:22 AM
+1 on the star wars vid ;-)

conner_condor
10-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Nope, She seen everyone bitching about it on here and how terrible it was and she threw it in your face. Thats all it was people is in your face. Well I see the ron Paul supporters don't like that ad,well lets put it on the news. That is why it was done..

LJHudd
10-29-2007, 11:32 AM

http://www.selectnetworking.com/ronpaulinfo/obiwan_leia.jpg

"This is our most desperate hour. Help us, Obi-Ron Paul; you're our only hope."

inibo
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
So let me get this right. She showed the ad three time in two minutes on national(?) TV and we're complaining?

Some times we amaze me.

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Nope, She seen everyone bitching about it on here and how terrible it was and she threw it in your face. Thats all it was people is in your face. Well I see the ron Paul supporters don't like that ad,well lets put it on the news. That is why it was done..

so, she gave us free advertisement? doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

DrNoZone
10-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Nice! Free advertisement! I hope she does it again.

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 11:39 AM
She may have to claim that as an in-kind contribution.

conner_condor
10-29-2007, 11:43 AM
so, she gave us free advertisement? doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

Most everyone said it was a bad video is why she played it over and over again. How many wanted to see that as an ad? Yes, it was free advertisement but at the cost of the ones who bitched about it being bad. The majority who seen it. That is why it was played. Because of the bitching how terrible it was. Now why didn't she play the one everyone liked? Open your eyes people. It was an insult to the ones who didn't like the video.Again the majority. But yes,it got some free publicity.

spiteface
10-29-2007, 11:47 AM
You're wrong, sir. He's catching on.

Most everyone said it was a bad video is why she played it over and over again. How many wanted to see that as an ad? Yes, it was free advertisement but at the cost of the ones who bitched about it being bad. The majority who seen it. That is why it was played. Because of the bitching how terrible it was. Now why didn't she play the one everyone liked? Open your eyes people. It was an insult to the ones who didn't like the video.Again the majority. But yes,it got some free publicity.

margomaps
10-29-2007, 11:53 AM

I agree. And that ad is catching on, I'm tellin' 'ya. :)

FrankRep
10-29-2007, 11:53 AM

The video itself is poor quality.

V4Vendetta
10-29-2007, 11:57 AM
No she's not. She's patronizing...

Exactly.. Some of you guys just believe anything.. the only reason why she aired that was because she knew most of us hated it.

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Exactly.. Some of you guys just believe anything.. the only reason why she aired that was because she knew most of us hated it.

Then the joke is on her, because it isn't a bad commercial and she gave the campaign free ad time. What a way to punish people, play their candidates ads over and over, please, pick the one i like least, and play it 30 times.

Question_Authority
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
displeasures.

Just to let you know, I know, and have spoken with, most of the people in that video.

THEY hated it too!

But whatever, it is not going to make or break this campaign, so let's just move on.

conner_condor
10-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Then the joke is on her, because it isn't a bad commercial and she gave the campaign free ad time. What a way to punish people, play their candidates ads over and over, please, pick the one i like least, and play it 30 times.

Yes, It did spin on her. I liked the video. I think it will grab alot of christians. It has that certain vibe to it that only some can feel or see in it.
But it did backfire on her.

jpa
10-29-2007, 12:21 PM
I think it is triple reverse psychology.

She wants to us to think she like's Ron Paul, but her evil side does 'dirty tricks' to make him look bad.

BUT her subconscious really wants Ron Paul to win, so her 'dirty tricks' are done poorly and they backfire on her!

Nash
10-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Maybe its not so bad. I mean, its repulsive to the tech savvy among us, but lets face it we HAVE as many tech savvy people as we are going to get.

This ad is cheesy and a little stupid- just like all the other advertising that seems to work on the masses.

If it works, i support it. I don't care what tune the piper plays, just as long as the rats follow him.

Like I said in a previous post on another thread I've never been influenced by a political ad that aired on TV in my life. Ever. I think they are all stupid. I would think almost all of us would feel the same way.

This ad is not for us. Of course we're not going to like it.

michaelwise
10-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I can't wait to see the nightly news rip that 1st cheesy ad apart on national TV. It's so bad it gets national news coverage. Ron's marketing people are pure genius.

mkrfctr
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Well you know, that Gravel "rock" video sure did get a lot of national attention ... perhaps Ron should stare into the camera for 27 seconds and then pull a rope to <camera zoom out> drop a red velvet cape covering a 10 foot tall copy of the constitution and then simply say <cut to Ron's face> "I'm Ron Paul and I approve of this message." <cut to wide> and then slyly point to the giant constitution <cut to "Ron Paul 2008 - Hope for America - Ron Paul2008.com" graphic> <cut to black/end>

mkrfctr
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
was meant to be an edit, but typed in wrong box, haha oh well: Hell I bet there's enough footage to cut that one by a supporter right now (might need to film a stand in person in front of a green screen dropping the curtain in front of another green screen board of proper size - add in backdrop of washinton reflecting pool + capital building, or maybe white house or washinton memorial or w/e and then greenscreen the constitution in - paste Ron Paul head on body as appropriate - voila!

leipo
10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Just to let you know, I know, and have spoken with, most of the people in that video.

THEY hated it too!

But whatever, it is not going to make or break this campaign, so let's just move on.

Ahh, can you tell us little more about them. Are they genuine Ron Paul supporters and do they really live in NH?

Man from La Mancha
10-29-2007, 02:24 PM
This is great free publicity and I hope it is spread all over MSM trying to show how cheesy it is.:D..Ron is a genius.

Primbs
10-29-2007, 02:31 PM
At least the ad sounds better on radio than on TV. So it might be good to be on Laura's show.

EvoPro
10-29-2007, 02:32 PM
I think it is triple reverse psychology.

She wants to us to think she like's Ron Paul, but her evil side does 'dirty tricks' to make him look bad.

BUT her subconscious really wants Ron Paul to win, so her 'dirty tricks' are done poorly and they backfire on her!

exactly what I was thinking. :D

margomaps
10-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Ahh, can you tell us little more about them. Are they genuine Ron Paul supporters and do they really live in NH?

For the most part: yes and yes. I've never seen the college kids though.

ScotTX
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
At least the ad sounds better on radio than on TV. So it might be good to be on Laura's show.

True. Oddly enough, it sounded better than it looked. And this was on a radio show for those of you unfamiliar with Laura Ingraham. Free publicity is a great thing, people, and this ad really isn't THAT bad. I think it will appeal to "the masses" quite well so everybody just QUITCHABITCHIN already!

Roxi
10-29-2007, 03:40 PM
the video was fine, laura was probably just being a bitch, but who cares it did get us some free publicity, the other people didn't know she was just insulting us so it doesn't matter

ALSO... people should stop emailing and calling HQ about the video unless you have something nice to say, the negativity is taking a toll on them ok?

the campaign isn't going to do something to hurt ron, they obviously were targeting the video at a certain audience, not those of us who are already obsessed with him, it may have seemed cheesy to you but not everyone will take it that way.

ScotTX
10-29-2007, 03:49 PM
She really wasn't dissing the ad. The only partially negative thing that was said was by her little sidekick dude who said something stupid like "Oh, just because these people like Ron Paul, I should too?!" I thought that was particularly funny, since that is the entire tactic of the MSM! Otherise, it was all good. We don't need to send her flowers or anything, but we'll take the free press!

Peterjar
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Another example of the power of the written word. Great Job people. I have been pushing an all out letter assault on Ingraham on the meetup message boards for the last three days. We have also been e-mailing Oprah, The View, and Ellen to have in on. So far the View capitualted. Lets keep it up.