PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for 11 Aug Iowa GOP Straw Poll

foofighter20x
06-12-2007, 12:06 AM
With the Iowa GOP Straw Poll coming up on Sat, 11 Aug, and with McCain, Giuliani, and F Thompson completely skipping out on it, an opportunity has opened for the MSM-designated "second-tier" candidates to really make a mad-dash for 2d place (right now it looks like Romney will take the poll, but that's not set in stone!).

I think it would be great if Ron Paul supporters from both Iowa AND the surrounding states took a little vacation to Des Moines to show their support for Dr Paul. It doesn't matter whether they are Iowans or not, just the show of numbers may influence how the GOP delegates vote.

Call your friends and relatives and get them there!

Also, I think it'd be great if, once the campaign is there for the poll, they loudly ask "Where is Rudy Giuliani?" to which we supporters answer loudly "He's at home, washing his dress!" :D

Bradley in DC
06-12-2007, 12:18 AM
A group of volunteers has taken the lead for us to help with Ames. Specifically, they are looking for volunteers from everywhere in the country to "adopt" part of the voter roll they have for the state to call and write personal letters with Ron Paul propaganda.

Anyone interested in helping out with the straw poll should contact Jason Stoddard at 512.925.0921 or at stoddard.jason@gmail.com. While the new Iowa state coordinator for the campaign will be running the show, several voluteers from different places have come together to organize and assist the campaign with this one endeavor.

foofighter20x
06-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Come on you guys.... How's this going?! Two months to go! Best to start planting the seeds for it now!

beermotor
06-13-2007, 04:58 AM
What we need to do is start mailing things to registered GOP voters and independents - hell, Democrats too I guess - telling them about Ron Paul and why they should care.

Everybody needs to pass this along to their meetups. Maybe we can do something like you send letters to people in the state with the last name that starts with whatever the first (non "New") letter is in your state, e.g. I live in Georgia, so our meetups would write to "G" names. Thoughts?

foofighter20x
06-13-2007, 05:24 AM
Make sure your bombs include this flyer (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/Flyer-Issues.pdf) ... and this brochure (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/RonPaulTrifoldFlyer.pdf)! :D

foofighter20x
06-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Our biggest hurdle here will be Mitt.

I think it'd be great if campaign commercials showing footage of Mitt flip-flopping were run in Iowa! Kind of like a video of Mitt saying one thing, then the next clip shows Mitt saying the exact opposite. It'd show that leadership must be steady, and an even hand is something Mitt just doesn't have.

I know Dr Paul doesn't like to make things personal, but if you want to make the system work, you gotta work the system. :(

UCFGavin
06-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Our biggest hurdle here will be Mitt.

I think it'd be great if campaign commercials showing footage of Mitt flip-flopping were run in Iowa! Kind of like a video of Mitt saying one thing, then the next clip shows Mitt saying the exact opposite. It'd show that leadership must be steady, and an even hand is something Mitt just doesn't have.

I know Dr Paul doesn't like to make things personal, but if you want to make the system work, you gotta work the system. :(

similar to what jon stewart did with Bush where he was literally having an argument with himself.

angelatc
06-13-2007, 05:30 PM
I hate attack commercials.

UCFGavin
06-13-2007, 05:42 PM
I hate attack commercials.

what if they are attacking themselves?

Bradley in DC
06-13-2007, 05:44 PM
What we need to do is start mailing things to registered GOP voters and independents - hell, Democrats too I guess - telling them about Ron Paul and why they should care.

Everybody needs to pass this along to their meetups. Maybe we can do something like you send letters to people in the state with the last name that starts with whatever the first (non "New") letter is in your state, e.g. I live in Georgia, so our meetups would write to "G" names. Thoughts?

That is exactly the project Jason is leading. He has a list of the voter rolls in Iowa and needs volunteers to take part of the list for letter writing and calling. See my earlier post!

torchbearer
06-13-2007, 05:44 PM
I like these political commercials. the one called "big challenges"
http://www.governorboasso.org/content/page/title/Boasso_TV

foofighter20x
06-13-2007, 08:37 PM
what if they are attacking themselves?

The man makes an excellent point! :D

Kandilynn
06-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Oh, so you don't have to be from or going to Iowa to help out. Great! I'll e-mail him right now.

Duckman
06-13-2007, 11:20 PM
I think Ron Paul should use his commercial airtime to get his message out there. His message will convert the voters. That's why it's being suppressed.