PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide petition to end the drug war.

OrigSEOH
06-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Haven’t seen this here yet and just seen this yesterday on a different board…seems to be lots of people signing it. I'm thinking we need more than 750,000 for them to stop it though.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/end_the_war_on_drugs/?slideshow

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-01-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking no one here is going to support this because no one here supports the UN. Last thing we need is to set a precedent for the seat of power to be moved even further from the individual oh and also World Government = UN. Repeal all the drug laws using Nullification and Interposition not the World Government UN.

OrigSEOH
06-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm thinking no one here is going to support this because no one here supports the UN. Last thing we need is to set a precedent for the seat of power to be moved even further from the individual oh and also World Government = UN. Repeal all the drug laws using Nullification and Interposition not the World Government UN.

mkay...just a petition to tell the ones that claim to run the world through the UN...that we don't like it anymore. I did not think it was a petition pledge any allegiance to the UN. More like a global opinion. But whatever. I'm sure everyone in the general public knows what Nullification and Interposition is, lol.

FrankRep
06-01-2011, 01:53 PM
mkay...just a petition to tell the ones that claim to run the world through the UN...that we don't like it anymore. I did not think it was a petition pledge any allegiance to the UN. More like a global opinion. But whatever. I'm sure everyone in the general public knows what Nullification and Interposition is, lol.

The UN will make a bunch of false promises so be careful.

OrigSEOH
06-01-2011, 01:59 PM
The UN will make a bunch of false promises so be careful.

I know, I really wasn't looking for any. I just found it interesting that people from all over the world are signing it. Maybe I'm just easily amused.

JackieDan
06-01-2011, 02:03 PM
signed!

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I know, I really wasn't looking for any. I just found it interesting that people from all over the world are signing it. Maybe I'm just easily amused.

Just like how the Federal Government when they 'ended slavery' brought more freedom to the people? Amirite (Give more power to the next higher Government institution they'll save the day!)? The UN is a destroyer of liberty, just as are any other centralized Governmental institution. If you are to have a Government it is best the people elected live next door to you, their decisions effecting the least amount of people, and it doesn't take 500,000 other people to effect even one slight change in perception or direction. Beware false prophets -- these institutions destroy your liberty, they do not recognize your natural rights and they surely will never grant you net increases in freedom in any scale longer than a hour.

OrigSEOH
06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't disagree with you for sure. Unfortunately, there it is, along with the IMF. I don't believe in the FOMC but I still use their paper notes.
Just like how the Federal Government when they 'ended slavery' brought more freedom to the people? Amirite (Give more power to the next higher Government institution they'll save the day!)? The UN is a destroyer of liberty, just as are any other centralized Governmental institution. If you are to have a Government it is best the people elected live next door to you, their decisions effecting the least amount of people, and it doesn't take 500,000 other people to effect even one slight change in perception or direction. Beware false prophets -- these institutions destroy your liberty, they do not recognize your natural rights and they surely will never grant you net increases in freedom in any scale longer than a hour.

Teaser Rate
06-01-2011, 05:47 PM
No offense to the OP, but I can't imagine anything less useful for any cause than signing an online petition which will be presented to the UN.