PDA

View Full Version : Town Hall straw poll Results

The Dark Knight
06-01-2011, 11:06 AM
from the townhall email:
Congratulations to Herman Cain for winning the May Townhall/HotAir GOP Presidential Straw Poll! Mr. Cain has seen an incredible surge in support after a commanding performance in the first GOP presidential debate. That surge propelled him from sixth place in April to first place in May. In fact, he received almost one quarter of all the votes cast, easily the best performance by any past winner of the Townhall/HotAir GOP Presidential Straw Poll. Last month Ron Paul won with 18.6% of the vote, in March Sarah Palin won with 16.9%; she won again in February with 18.2% and in January with 22.2%. The full results are on the left with the gain/loss of each candidate from the previous month. As you can see Herman Cain gained 17.6 points to easily jump over Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who lost support this month.

wgadget
06-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Herman is the Fox News darling, and therefore the MSM darling.

The purpose is to thwart Ron Paul.

The reason is to thwart liberty.

Any more questions?

The Dark Knight
06-01-2011, 11:15 AM
The Fed has its candidate in Herman Cain

trey4sports
06-01-2011, 11:15 AM
I do think Cain will fade, but Ron or others will need to bring up TARP and some of his other issues in order to bring him down. In the meantime, we need to focus on the moneybomb and driving Rons favorables upward.

belian78
06-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I have townhall on my FB, and I saw this. I went into the comments but I can never post more than once. It's the strangest thing. I don't have any problem posting comments on anything else on FB but in their comments.

CaptUSA
06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, Cain will fade. I wouldn't work on bringing him down as much as I'd work on gaining his supporters. He's excited people because he's outside the mainstream establishment of the republican party. Well, we have a guy like that too, and our guy can actually end up winning.

TIMB0B
06-01-2011, 12:21 PM
What I found interesting about the poll is that Ron Paul had the biggest drop in points from the last poll out of any other candidate (excluding Huck for obvious reasons). :confused: