PDA

View Full Version : *URGENT!* - Game plan for the next 3 weeks!!!!

tangent4ronpaul
10-29-2007, 06:15 AM
#############################################
Attention: Organizers. This is a message sent out to MD supporters, specifically to those in Meetup 13. It has a lot of MD specific info, but please feel free to localize it and use what you like, adding whatever is applicable to your local situation.

Follow up with every supporter, if they reply or not.

If you are an organizer seeing this on a non-organizer list, and are not already a member – there are a couple of groups where organizers share info and chat. These are not private coalitions. We don't tell you what to do.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/511/
and
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RPMeetupOrganizers/

If you are not a Meetup organizer or assistant organizer, you will not be approved. We check.

This is the final lap to determine if we are in the second race – don't blow it!

KICK INTO OVERDRIVE PEOPLE!
##############################################

Dear Maryland Meetup member,

we are in a critical time period for the campaign. In roughly 3 weeks, Nov. 19th, the cutoff for changing voter registration to republican will happen. Anyone not registered as a republican will not be able to vote for Dr. Paul in the primaries. Roughly 3/4ths of our support does not come from registered republicans, so it is vital that we use this time to spread the message to this demographic.

Below is a calender of critical dates:

October 31st – Pauloween – please hand out slim jims with candy and do other things to promote Dr. Paul, like carving one letter of his name into each of 7 pumpkins.

November 5th – Ron Paul Money Bomb – this is the date to donate $100 to the Ron Paul campaign, ideally between 7 and 8pm. If you don't have $100 to donate, please give what you can.

November 6th – Maryland general election. People that vote this day are most likely to vote in the presidential primary. We should be out in force at polling places, handing out Ron Paul fliers as they leave.

November 19th – cutoff for registering Republican. We need to get as many people as possible to change their registration to republican so they can vote for him before this date.

November 15 to 21st, The week before Thanksgiving. We are working on a thanksgiving recipe flier to hand out to people at grocery stores. We need recipes badly!

December 10 to 24th, The 2 weeks before Christmas. This time a Christmas recipe flier.

January 22nd – The cutoff for voter registration for people that are not registered to vote.

February 5th – Super Tuesday – Major turning point in the campaign. We should have results watching parties or something.

February 12th – Maryland presidential primary election. Major turning point for the MD campaign.

November 4th – General Election.

I know most of you have been fairly inactive, with only 10% turning out to do campaign activities. This is normal for political campaigns, but we are at a crucial juncture. By joining our Meetup, you indicated that you wanted to see Dr. Paul get elected. To the 10%, I would like to say thank you!, but we need 110% of your effort now. To the other 90%, now is the time to demonstrate your support through real world action. It doesn't have to take a lot of time, but every bit helps.

We need volunteers to step up to the plate and volunteer for some jobs. Some can be done at home in your free time, others in your day to day travels while others require taking out a block of time and showing up somewhere. There is something here that meets every lifestyle, commitment level and amount of free time. PLEASE HELP!

MAJOR STRATEGY POINT: At this time we need to focus our efforts on concentrations of people. Places where minimal effort will get maximum exposure. Forget about meet and eats, strategy meetings, or trying to win over your friends to Dr. Paul. We need maximum exposure NOW. You can socialize after the 19th. This is the final stretch to win the primaries. If we don't do that, it's OVER!

Things you can do to help get Dr. Paul nominated in Maryland:

Pauloween activities – these have been covered before.

Banners for name recognition – we need to have some banner making parties, but this can also be done independently. Aside from the “Ron Paul rEVOLution”, “Ron Paul for President” and “Google Ron Paul” banners that are best done with our templates and as a group, I'd like to see some burma shave banners. That is, each banner will have a little more of the message – What Dr. Paul stands for, or main points of the Bill of Rights along with a closing message to restore them by voting for Dr. Paul. These are best done by tracing out template letters, obtainable from craft supply stores for about $20 – you want the 5-6” high ones. A roll of Tyvex is about $68. Then painting in the letters. A single individual can do these. We can get together for a grommet setting party to get them ready for hanging. There are a number of major commuter corridors with overpass after overpass that these would be perfect for! For about $100 and 10-20 hours, you can reach a couple of hundred thousand people – common – DO IT!

Make follow up calls to the Libertarians we mailed out postcards to. Jim Voris is the POC for this project, which is perfect for stay at home moms and retired folks. A script and list of numbers to call will be provided to you. Write: [redacted] to volunteer. After that, we can start calling Independents.

Bulletin boards – many grocery stores, coffee shops, laundromats, restaurants and all college campuses have these. Put up fliers or groups of RP business cards. Leaving a small stack of the latter on pay phones, TP dispensers in public restrooms, bus shelters, etc can also be effective.

Windshield, etc. flier or slim jim distribution. Go to shopping malls (the strip malls don't have rent-a-cops to tell you to stop), churches – flier the parking lot 10 minutes after the service starts, grocery stores and like places.

Remember to emphasize on whatever promotional material you distribute that they must register as a republican by November 19th in order to vote for Ron Paul in the Maryland primaries. If you are using fliers that don't say this, get a self inking stamp made and modify them.

Tip earner handouts – we have a master for a flier that focuses on people that make their living largely off tips. Restaurant workers, bartenders, etc. This needs to be modified with the MD specific info, so anyone with a copy of Adobe InDesign please contact me to do this. They print 6 up on a home printer and we need everyone distributing then to all the local restaurants, etc in your area.

Gun Shops and shooting ranges. We have a couple of fliers specific to second amendment issues. We need people to distribute these to every gun shop and range in the state. Please volunteer.

Homeschoolers – Bruce and at least one other are active in the homeschool networks. We need to get fliers out to those people. There is a Homeschoolers for Ron Paul meetup that probably has ready made ones.

Thanksgiving recipe fliers – first off, we need your family recipe's. Not ones from some cookbook. Please register at: http://ronpaulrecipes.com and submit your favorite recipes there. In the week before Thanksgiving, we would like everyone to visit multiple grocery stores and either pass them out in person, or bring a stack to the grocery cart storage/dispersal area and slip one into each cart. Placing them on windshields in the parking lot works too. Again, emphasize that time is short and they need to change their registration to republican. Give them a link to the form to mail in.

OK – we need committed people for a couple of things that will take travel and time:

First, the senior home visit team – we need a couple of people to visit nursing/retirement homes to give a RP presentation. We want to recruit these folks for making calls to the Libertarian and Independent call project. They have phones and lots of time on their hands. Our time is better spent recruiting people to make calls and supporting them than making calls ourselves. We need one team leader to call these places and set up the presentation, then communicating time and location info to people doing the presentations. This person will probably have to arrange to get printouts of scripts and numbers to them as computer access is not a given. Ideally, at least one of the people doing the presentations will have undergone voter registration training so we can sign the residents up as republicans.

Second, while MD has student groups at UMCP and Towson, as well as some interest at about 6 other schools, we don't have good state wide student representation yet and this is our prime demographic for recruits. We need volunteers to A) go to each school and go department to department getting the OK approval to post on that departments bulletin board a flier about starting a students for Ron Paul chapter on that campus and put them up. It should include a note about when we will be on campus. B) Then we need people willing to go campus to campus and set up a table in the cafeteria / commons area between 11am and 1pm and possibly in the evening – though the traffic is not as high during the evening and more spread out. You do however, reach older students then that will propagate the message back to their work.

Students, especially the day students, have free time – periodically throughout the day or days off and lots of energy. We need both qualities. It's typical to have students take most or all of their classes on either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs. Ideally, we want to table a 2 day span at each college to cover both groups. OTOH: there are a lot of colleges. If we can get a college group started in a day, they could reach the others. What they don't have is a lot of money, so we will need to provide some materials for them, especially in the early stages.

This demographic is likely to respond well to music video's and avant guard pieces. Good examples would be the 3 youtube video's with the song: “Critical to be Political”, and the “Hope for America” one. There are a couple, I'm talking about “the crazy ones”. Another that is good, though a bit graphic is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWD8MDv7nA4 An anti-draft flier would be effective with this group. Look up video's referencing treg's video contest: “treg” as a search term.

Given electrical access, it would be fairly trivial to bring a laptop and flat screen monitor to loop clips as crowd bait.

This project needs a team leader to call schools, find out if there is a republican or libertarian club who we can work with, or to just arrange to table. They also need to keep the schedule and advise volunteers of when the schools will let us be there and where. I might fill this slot, but really need people to go to colleges. Can provide a 6' folding table that folds in half so it will fit in a car, a couple of folding chairs, bumper stickers and some old style slim jims, few DVD's and maybe a laptop. At least one of the people volunteering to table should have already gone through volunteer voter registration training or be willing to do it. It takes 10-15 minutes and is painless.

The 2 existing student groups would be ideal to do this, but have been hard to communicate with.

OK, time to step up to the plate. There are a number of things you can do for Ron Paul here. Some we don't need to know about. Print some fliers and distribute them. There is a ton of material at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/RonPaulGraphics/

(look in the file area), as well as many other places. A couple of items were mentioned that will be put up in this Meetups file area (Meetup 13). Other things require coordination and more cooperation. For these, please fill out the following information. I will be following up with everyone on the Meetup individually.

(yes, I have this contact info for many of you – please make my life easy or at least tell me I have it, and I'll look it up)
Name:
Area you live/work and could distribute material in:
Phone:
e-mail:

I would like to:

__Make banners
__Host a banner making party
__Make calls for Ron Paul (coordinate via Jim Voris – contact info above)
__I can localize the tip-earner handout with MD specific information
__I can distribute fliers to gun shops and shooting ranges (there are a limited number of them – we want to get to all, but not duplicate efforts. Please volunteer for your local ones, so someone does not have to travel a long distance to get there).
__Homeschool project – if you have contacts in this community – please step up.
__Visit Sr. Homes.
__Team lead Sr. Homes project.
__Campus outreach – fliers and tabling
__Campus outreach – Team leader
__Other – if you can think of another way to promote RP, this is where to say it! Ideas welcome!

__I need campaign materials (please specify)

thanks,

Nathan

DjLoTi
10-29-2007, 06:28 AM
nice

wgadget
10-29-2007, 06:48 AM
This is excellent. I was thinking along the same lines as far as targeting interest groups. After all, THESE are the people that have something to gain (or lose) and are the most likely to actually show up at the polls on primary day.

I think that someone should go through the phone books of major cities and make sure all health food stores and chiropractors are covered. They are usually free-spirited people who don't want big government in their faces.

WIth the elderly, really push Ron's monetary ideas...I did a little survey over at AARP, and they're scared to death what will become of their children and grandchildren financially.

Have a team that plasters cars in church parking lots with Statements of Faith, and make sure to go back afterward to clean up, if necessary.

Great post.

Primbs
10-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Every state should make up a schedule.

pates03
10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
*bump*

TechnoGuyRob
10-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Bump.

shepburn
10-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Nathan,

My name is Scott Hepburn. We at RonPaulNCR.org are trying to unite all the DC area meetup groups.

We are having our second meeting tonight and again on Nov 1st.

Please check us out as we could really use your ideas and enthusiam. You also sound ideal to run our Maryland effort.

brandon
10-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Please add Nov 10 to your critical dates, this is the rally in philly

tangent4ronpaul
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
OK - health food stores - thats the one I was forgetting... thanks!

Does anyone know of RP fliers for the supplements / labeling issue and ones directed toward the elderly? and where to find them?

thanks,

-n

Nate K
10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
i like this thread. we should all be organizing our states like this

wgadget
10-30-2007, 09:25 AM
You can find tons of Ron Paul views at www.ronpaullibrary.org.

It's a gem of a resource.

wgadget
10-30-2007, 09:28 AM
i like this thread. we should all be organizing our states like this

I was thinking that we should organize each county this way, and set up teams to cover each interest group all the way up until the primary. This would especially work well in the populous counties; as far as outlying rural counties, maybe we could work on buying billboards, strategically placed yard signs, etc.

Of course, we need to also continue with regular weekly sign waving in the more populated areas. Name recognition can still go a long way.