PDA

View Full Version : Allen West Against PATRIOT but FOR MILITARISM

Johnnymac
06-01-2011, 06:25 AM
For Militarism hxxp://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Westo

Against Patriot Act hxxp://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/05/allen-west-patriot-act-vote-no.html

cindy25
06-01-2011, 08:27 AM
if he were to say increase the Navy, but close the imperial bases, and end the wars he would make sense.

the emphasis in the future be more navy, more air force, and far less conventional army.

eduardo89
06-01-2011, 08:34 AM
if he were to say increase the Navy, but close the imperial bases, and end the wars he would make sense.

the emphasis in the future be more navy, more air force, and far less conventional army.

Completely true. I would have no problem with decreased spending on tanks, APV's, armored vehicles etc and focusing on a strong national defense, ie: a navy and air force to protect from attack. No one will be stupid enough to engage in a ground invasion of the US without first bombing the country to pieces.

Sola_Fide
06-01-2011, 08:35 AM
I would have no problem if Ron talked about updating our military and having a strong national defense while scaling back our intervention. I've been wanting Ron to at least talk about what kind of good defensive role that our military can have in a constitutional society. Come on Ron, give conservatives a little red meat to chew on...

Liberty_Mike
06-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Can't view the links.

doodle
06-01-2011, 10:01 AM
A low level controversial neocon like Allen West is free to say anything.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290749-Allen-West-Another-Holocaust-quot-not-happening-as-long-as-I-have-breath-in-my-lungs-quot&p=3247327&viewfull=1#post3247327

jmdrake
06-01-2011, 10:15 AM
For Militarism hxxp://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Westo

Against Patriot Act hxxp://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/05/allen-west-patriot-act-vote-no.html

Why did you break the link for the Humble Libertarian site? He's one of us. In fact I think he posts here sometimes.

http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/05/allen-west-patriot-act-vote-no.html

We need to drive traffic too sites that support our cause even if occasionally, and honestly, say something good about someone who sometimes opposes us. West voting against the unPatriot Act is a total win even if West is a tool on other issues. If other republicans see that then they are more likely to realize the unPatriot act is not patriotic.

Liberty_Mike
06-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Why did you break the link for the Humble Libertarian site? He's one of us. In fact I think he posts here sometimes.

We need to drive traffic too sites that support our cause even if occasionally, and honestly, say something good about someone who sometimes opposes us. West voting against the unPatriot Act is a total win even if West is a tool on other issues. If other republicans see that then they are more likely to realize the unPatriot act is not patriotic.

Thanks for providing the unbroken link.

His response as to why he voted against it is really legit. He looked into the actual issue and formed his vote based on fact. Something most politicians never consider. Cheers to West!

"I have spent the past two months investigating these provisions to the PATRIOT Act, their effect on American citizens and their impact on apprehending terrorists to better keep our country safe. After much reading, many briefings, and conversations with local law enforcement and federal agents, including FBI Director Robert Mueller, I am not fully convinced that by extending these provisions for four years, we would be any safer, but instead I fear they may only give us the illusion of being safer."

sailingaway
06-01-2011, 11:01 AM
He voted for the patriot act last time, which is why I wrote him off completely. I guess I'll look a little more. To be honest, those 'wave red meat around to excite the rabble' guys turn me off, but it could just be a posture.

sailingaway
06-01-2011, 11:03 AM

I think there might be confusion about when we break links. We don't always do it, we regularly do it for sites we hate, so as not to drive them traffic and get them higher in google searches, and we do it for polls so there aren't a thousand clicks from one site which makes some poll owners pretend they think we are cheating. All supporters pass them around, if there is support, but we are more efficient about it.

thehungarian
06-01-2011, 11:59 AM
West has no clue what he is doing.

Pericles
06-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks for providing the unbroken link.

His response as to why he voted against it is really legit. He looked into the actual issue and formed his vote based on fact. Something most politicians never consider. Cheers to West!

"I have spent the past two months investigating these provisions to the PATRIOT Act, their effect on American citizens and their impact on apprehending terrorists to better keep our country safe. After much reading, many briefings, and conversations with local law enforcement and federal agents, including FBI Director Robert Mueller, I am not fully convinced that by extending these provisions for four years, we would be any safer, but instead I fear they may only give us the illusion of being safer."

Isn't this what we really want? A reasonable examination of the facts, which should speak for themselves and convince a reasonable person.

As for the Army, it needs to be deployed south of Interstate 10. Anyone who goes there needs to be well armed.

I wish Mexico well, but their problems should not be our problems.

AlexanderY
06-01-2011, 12:55 PM
He voted for the patriot act last time, which is why I wrote him off completely. I guess I'll look a little more. To be honest, those 'wave red meat around to excite the rabble' guys turn me off, but it could just be a posture.

Yeah, I think we get excited too easily when politicians take one semi-principled stance against statism, which usually just pandering.

I remember when Levin or Hannity acknowledged Paul's existence or gave him an ounce of credit, we all got a hard on and thought Paul's position is being embraced by the establishment.

We need to be very cautious with those "wave the red meat around" types, they are only trying to bait us. We give them our votes, and they acquiesce to party demands.

You would think we would be a lot more calloused to pandering.

Allen West and Marco Rubio are very good examples of this.

HOLLYWOOD
06-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Well good for Alan West.. have him move to Egypt. They have a Military run government and has tried over 5000 peaceful protesters at Military Tribunals, right up POLICE STATE hack Alan West's ally.

He can enjoy his authoritarian fun pistol whipping people... This guy is another Palin, globally dumb as door knob, full of jingoistic rhetoric.

jmdrake
06-01-2011, 06:10 PM
West has no clue what he is doing.

If West flipped a freaking coin and came to the right decision it's still good to me. A no vote is a no vote.

Pericles
06-01-2011, 08:40 PM
If West flipped a freaking coin and came to the right decision it's still good to me. A no vote is a no vote.

Yes - we should be saving the ammunition to take on those who are actively hostile to us. Not to fire at those who at least listen to us.