PDA

View Full Version : RP ad (1st one) aired on WMUR after all

LizF
10-29-2007, 06:03 AM
I just saw the 1st RP ad (the one many of us were critical of) just now on WMUR (NH station), so I guess it wasn't pulled after all.

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-29-2007, 06:04 AM
Well, the second one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4vXZWxeuU) is fantastic, so as long as people see #2 soon, I think it'll wash the bad taste of #1 out pretty quick.

stevedasbach
10-29-2007, 06:05 AM
I just saw the 1st RP ad (the one many of us were critical of) just now on WMUR (NH station), so I guess it wasn't pulled after all.

Hopefully they will run all the ads, see how well each one does, and use that data to decide which ones to continue running and which ones to pull.

Steve

Primbs
10-29-2007, 07:21 AM
It can be tough to measure with accuracy which ad does better.

As long as his poll numbers go up.

I would think the Ron Paul forum is a great informed focus group of sorts.

When hundred say they don't like the first commercial, one should pay attention.

One bias against the group is that we are used to high energy youtube videos, and the first commercial seemed to lack that energy.

thehittgirl
10-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Well, the second one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4vXZWxeuU) is fantastic, so as long as people see #2 soon, I think it'll wash the bad taste of #1 out pretty quick.

I didn't like the first one because Ron looks so cross. I also didn't like the way the guy at the end said, "He's catching on." Good slogan but it didn't sound right. Other than that it was ok. But yes the second one is better.

ItsTime
10-29-2007, 07:47 AM
the first one is just that the first one out of five

margomaps
10-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Hopefully they will run all the ads, see how well each one does, and use that data to decide which ones to continue running and which ones to pull.

Steve

I like that line of thinking. But as another poster pointed out, how does one measure the effectiveness of an individual ad like this?

kylejack
10-29-2007, 08:21 AM
I like that line of thinking. But as another poster pointed out, how does one measure the effectiveness of an individual ad like this?
Focus groups.

stevedasbach
10-29-2007, 09:43 AM
It can be tough to measure with accuracy which ad does better.

As long as his poll numbers go up.

I would think the Ron Paul forum is a great informed focus group of sorts.

When hundred say they don't like the first commercial, one should pay attention.

One bias against the group is that we are used to high energy youtube videos, and the first commercial seemed to lack that energy.

Actually, you can't tell anything from how a group like this responds. We aren't representative of the target audience. The only way to know for sure how well an ad works is to test it.

You can easily measure increases in website traffic, requests for information, donations, etc. from people in New Hampshire and compare against normal patterns for the times when the ads ran.

Increases in poll numbers aren't useful for this purpose, because they can't be tracked back to individual ads, or even advertising in general.

goRPaul
10-29-2007, 10:28 AM
I think the ad rocked. It's got everything- honest, out of Iraq, cut government spending, freedom, and the hottie that says she's gonna vote for him. It's loaded with cheese, but don't worry about that. It'll work in NH.

0zzy
10-29-2007, 04:14 PM
I think the ad rocked. It's got everything- honest, out of Iraq, cut government spending, freedom, and the hottie that says she's gonna vote for him. It's loaded with cheese, but don't worry about that. It'll work in NH.

I'm pretty sure this works well for where it will be on.

Wheel Of Fortune
Jeopardy
Soap Opera

...ALL CHEESY! I think these ads work great with such cheesiness. The cheeseheads respond well to it.

Dorfsmith
10-29-2007, 04:16 PM

What show was playing when the ran the ad? Did they have the blue screen in the background?

jgmaynard
10-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Jeopardy is NOT cheesy! There are some tough questions/answers on there. Soap Operas, yeah. WoF, sure. But not Jeopardy - that's a pretty intellectual show.

JM

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I think the ads are working! Has anyone noticed the total donors charts on ronpaulgraphs.com have skyrocketed today since the ads have been aired...?

Geronimo
10-29-2007, 04:22 PM
I heard the audio to the first tv commercial used in a radio commercial today. I also heard a new radio ad that hasn't been played yet. I think that's the fifth or sixth radio ad I've heard. I don't mean I've heard one ad five or six times. I mean I've heard five or six differently produced radio ads.

austin356
10-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I think the ads are working! Has anyone noticed the total donors charts on ronpaulgraphs.com have skyrocketed today since the ads have been aired...?

If you are referring to total donations then, God Help you.

If you are referring to donations from NH, then:

wow 6 people donated today. Ads are workin baby:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: NH always has several times the per capita donations as other states. 3-4x the national average. They are not much higher than that right now. You guys get over the fact that people dont see a TV commercial that does nothing but improve name id and say "oooohhh I love that guy and want to give hims lots of my $$"

Success for specific ads cannot be properly measured except with focus groups. Success for the entire ad series can be measured by long term poll numbers, and to a lesser extent, long term donation trends. Commercials will not have the Day2Day effect you guys are hoping for.

Brian
10-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Well, we warned the campaign about the first ad. Nothing to do at this point if they chose not to heed our warning.

Maybe they have some secret plan to start with a crappy ad, then build up to Clio award winning ads, so that apparently, "things are catching on".

leipo
10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
They should at least fire the advertising agency.

Eric21ND
10-29-2007, 05:15 PM
We need our on version of Reagan's morning in America. Ron Paul has the track record to make it even better.

brumans
10-29-2007, 05:34 PM

The campaign sent out an e-mail today.

Nathan Hale
10-29-2007, 08:12 PM

Actually, for the Joe Six Pack average voter, the first ad is more useful than the second one.