PDA

View Full Version : End the Car Insurance Mandate!

BarryDonegan
05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
While we're ending insurance mandates, lets get rid of the one that prevents people living check to check from going to work! Having your license suspended because you are too poor to pay for insurance on a worthless vehicle is pretty much like being banished from using the economy. It is a cruel and unusual punishment for a non-action.

This has got to stop, and insurance mandates are already a hot political commodity. If ever there were a time, it would be now.

torchbearer
05-31-2011, 10:42 PM
I agree, but the rubes think its for their own good.
you still have to carry uninsured motorist, so wtf?

Golding
05-31-2011, 11:33 PM
My favorite conversations about the health insurance mandates involve the comparisons to car insurance mandates. Proponents will argue, "It's the same thing! How is requiring health insurance unconstitutional if we already require you to get car insurance?" Imagine being on the cusp of that moment of realization where there's something inherently wrong, and not being nudged that little extra bit. They're so close, and don't even know it.

cindy25
05-31-2011, 11:38 PM
not every state has it, and now would be the time to introduce repeals in GOP dominated legislatures; I could even see inner city legislators backing it.