PDA

View Full Version : Phonebomb RP2012 HQ about Presidency 5

rp08orbust
05-31-2011, 08:08 PM
In another thread, I wrote:

IMO not doing anything about Presidency 5 is a pretty major screw-up.
I'm glad the campaign is going all-in for the Ames straw poll. I'm also glad it's spending a fortune on winning the RLC straw poll. But all they have to do right now for Presidency 5 is send emails to Florida supporters. The first stage of Presidency 5 is essentially an online poll in the sense that all it amounts to is getting supporters to a certain website before a certain date. We're supposed to be good at that.

And the only reason we haven't heard of Presidency 5 is that the straw poll was cancelled at Presidency 4 in 2007 due to a dispute between Romney and McCain loyalists within the RPOF. Believe me, we will be hearing about Presidency 5 as it gets closer, only it will be too late for us to do anything about it. Delegates will swoon over Herman Cain's "dynamic" speech the day before the poll and hand him a victory that could have been ours.

This is a very unique situation where the application deadline of June 10 is based on past election cycles when the Republican presidential nominating races were already at a fever pitch, as opposed to this one when it has hardly gotten started. Victory this year will go to whoever notices this opportunity and seizes it with a vengeance. It will be tragic if the Ron Paul campaign fails to do this when it is so well equipped to.

Let's hammer the campaign headquarters with phone calls until they get the picture: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=225919220753438