PDA

View Full Version : House to Vote Tuesday Night on Debt Limit Increase

RonPaulFanInGA
05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/05/29/house-vote-tuesday-night-debt-limit-increase

House lawmakers will conduct a straight, up-or-down vote on increasing the debt limit on Tuesday night, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., has announced.

Republican leaders had previously stated the vote would be sometime this week, but the date was not known before Cantor revealed the schedule Sunday.

By doing the vote after 6:30 pm, that ensures that the market is closed and there is no "real time" metric on Wall Street to measure the vote.

low preference guy
05-31-2011, 04:16 PM
So that means a balanced budget amendment has been passed already, right?

payme_rick
05-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Nays have it, 97-318...

low preference guy
05-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Nays have it, 97-318...

it's politicking. they'll bring it up for another vote.

Chester Copperpot
05-31-2011, 05:23 PM
it's politicking. they'll bring it up for another vote.

Exactly... This will be the vote for the TV cameras...

Now theyll spend the next 2 months figuring out how to sweeten the pot for certain congressmen to get them to switch their votes. Or theyll figure out when certain people arent going to be around to vote.

Ill still take the NO today.. but anybody who switches their vote to yes should be considered a scumbag

Chester Copperpot
05-31-2011, 05:34 PM
can we get a list of the house bill and a roll call of votes?

sailingaway
05-31-2011, 05:40 PM
I understand it is just a stunt.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Exactly... This will be the vote for the TV cameras...

Now theyll spend the next 2 months figuring out how to sweeten the pot for certain congressmen to get them to switch their votes. Or theyll figure out when certain people arent going to be around to vote.

Ill still take the NO today.. but anybody who switches their vote to yes should be considered a scumbag

This is crap. There should be a cooldown period for trying to shove the same legislation through congress. This is like the bailout bill crap, or was it the health care? There's so much crap I can't even remember. It didn't pass the first time, so they forced everyone to vote for it the second time. Crap crap crap. Half of congress or more need to be Impeached along with Obama. How long will we deal with this crap? We can't just wait 4 years with the "Gotcha, I'm elected" crap.

torchbearer
05-31-2011, 05:42 PM
//

awake
05-31-2011, 05:54 PM
If everyone votes against it , it gets raised; If every one votes for it, it gets raised. The remainder is just pretending congress has any real role anymore.

QueenB4Liberty
05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
so it wasn't raised?

goRPaul
05-31-2011, 06:00 PM
The vote was to allow $2.4 trillion more debt. That would mean we'd max out again by the end of next year.

anaconda
05-31-2011, 06:00 PM
This vote surprises me, stunt or not.

goRPaul
05-31-2011, 06:17 PM
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-1954

It was proposed by a republican. I read at least seven articles about this, but NONE of them mentioned that it was proposed by David Camp [R-MI] or that it would've allowed $2.4 trillion more debt. This inattention to the most relevant information (which is done on a daily basis) annoys me to no end.

How many people have an incomplete understanding of what this vote was about because they read a news article that ignored pertinent information?