ughhhh, this SUCKS

Wonder if Ron is tied for 2nd as well?

doodle
05-31-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't see a problem with that.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-31-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't see a problem with that.

It's just depressing when you consider the dozen or so GOP presidential debates in which Ron Paul participated in 2007, 2008 and 2011 and how Paul has never caught the kind of momentum from any of them that Herman 'TARP' Cain has after just one debate.

Not to be too negative: but it shows that using precious debate time to advocate heroin legalization is not a good idea. Turns 80%+ off immediately. Is this another education campaign or a campaign designed to appeal to a broad-spectrum and win?

sailingaway
05-31-2011, 12:16 PM
ughhhh, this SUCKS

Wonder if Ron is tied for 2nd as well?

Yeah. Last time he was tied with Cain and they didn't mention him of course. Their meme is that Cain is surging they added him to their national head to head with Obama too. I have seen a lot of forums with people saying 'what do you think of Cain', we have to get the information about his views on TARP out there. But we have to be neutral in our presentation. The Cain camp is starting a "RP supporters are trying to bring him down just because he worked for the fed they are nuts about the fed, we all know that' type meme. No need to walk into it.

sailingaway
05-31-2011, 12:17 PM
It's just depressing when you consider the dozen or so GOP presidential debates in which Ron Paul participated in 2007, 2008 and 2011 and how Paul has never caught the kind of momentum from any of them that Herman 'TARP' Cain has after just one debate.

Not to be too negative: but it shows that using precious debate time to advocate heroin legalization is not a good idea. Turns 80%+ off immediately. Is this another education campaign or a campaign designed to appeal to a broad-spectrum and win?

Cain got instant media support at the key time (wonder why?) whereas Ron....didn't.

rp08orbust
05-31-2011, 12:20 PM

Ron's debate showdown with the Ghoul served as a similar catalyst for Ron Paul in May 2007. Only it propelled him from 1% to 5% over 8 months, not 1% to 15% in one day.

And I doubt there was any question in the May 5 debate that Ron Paul could have handled differently that would have prevented the Cain surge.

kahless
05-31-2011, 12:21 PM
It is either rigged or people are really that ignorant to vote on what they deem to be the Roger Ailes Foxnews approved candidate.

We really need freedom loving investors to buy an existing national cable outlet and turn it into a news channel that reports the truth. Otherwise Foxnews again will be chosing their big government statist candidate to be the GOP nominee.

belian78
05-31-2011, 12:21 PM
It's completely media made, just like John McCain last primary season. Cain is to distract from Paul long enough for Romney to enter, see how much play he gets then. He's this season's Huckabee.

Doesn't mean I'm not frustrated about it, just mean its media hype, not real support.

doodle
05-31-2011, 12:22 PM

Were you also depressed when Trump was leading polls?
Cain like Trump is for entertainment mostly, the guy is an idiot. Even if he did take top slot in Iowa, I would see that as a good news for rest of primary season.

TheDriver
05-31-2011, 12:27 PM
The media is full of chicanery, but Ron could use better talking points. And he also needs to bring every question back to the economy.

sailingaway
05-31-2011, 12:27 PM
The media is full of chicanery, but Ron could use better talking points. And he also needs to bring every question back to the economy.

Yeah.

But check out Cain's meetup (not meetupS) and facebook.... something's up with that guy. Someone is pushing him. Unfortunately, it seems to be working.

The Dark Knight
05-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Cain taking away votes from Bachmann and Romney is a good thing.

sailingaway
05-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Cain taking away votes from Bachmann and Romney is a good thing.

They think he knows the economy. They aren't the only ones he takes votes from.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-31-2011, 12:30 PM
when Trump was leading polls? Cain like Trump is for entertainment mostly

Donald Trump went to first place in the polls simply because of his name recognition. Herman Cain's poll numbers are what they are due to winning a debate. It's a lot more 'real' than Trump's numbers.

Herman Cain's name ID, even now, is much less than that of Ron Paul. So what will Cain's polling numbers look like when 80% of Republican primary voters know who he is as opposed to the 35% or whatever that do now?

TheDriver
05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah.

But check out Cain's meetup (not meetupS) and facebook.... something's up with that guy. Someone is pushing him. Unfortunately, it seems to be working.

He has good talking points, somewhat. And the media doesn't challenge him. Ron on the other hand gets attacked by the media, which distorts talking points.

Brett85
05-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Not to be too negative: but it shows that using precious debate time to advocate heroin legalization is not a good idea. Turns 80%+ off immediately.

Yep, and opposing the border fence and the Arizona immigration law doesn't help either.

One Last Battle!
05-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Herman Cain is kind of like Trump. Yeah, he doesn't have the name recognition or negativity yet, but he has made a series of gaffes already and his views on TARP really will sink him. He looks like a bit of a moron when pressured a bit.

AGRP
05-31-2011, 02:13 PM
It's completely media made, just like John McCain last primary season. Cain is to distract from Paul long enough for Romney to enter, see how much play he gets then. He's this season's Huckabee.

Doesn't mean I'm not frustrated about it, just mean its media hype, not real support.

This.

Rhetoric is unsustainable.

jmdrake
05-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Donald Trump went to first place in the polls simply because of his name recognition. Herman Cain's poll numbers are what they are due to winning a debate. It's a lot more 'real' than Trump's numbers.

Herman Cain's name ID, even now, is much less than that of Ron Paul. So what will Cain's polling numbers look like when 80% of Republican primary voters know who he is as opposed to the 35% or whatever that do now?

Herman Cain didn't "win" the debate. Fox News just keeps pretending that he did. And they learned from their mistakes last time. It's not enough to just knock down Paul. They have to build someone else up.

Sola_Fide
05-31-2011, 02:17 PM

I see your concern. Like him or hate him, Ron Paul doesn't bend for anybody. For some people, being purely doctrinaire is more important than getting votes, and that is one of the reasons we like Ron.

As I see it now, we may end up doing another educational campaign, but hey, it didn't work out too bad last time, right?

nate895
05-31-2011, 02:17 PM
I am not sure where this Herman Cain thing will go, but his entire campaign is built on talk. If he talks the talk, he might be able to get the votes. However, he has recently said some stupid stuff (like that his own plan won't work), so that will be a negative for him. Whereas other candidates have years of experience to back up what they are saying, Cain does not have that advantage. I tend to think that in the end, it will be Paul vs. Bachmann, possible including Cain vying for voters dissatisfied with the usual GOP, and Gingrich, Romney, and Pawlenty will be vying for votes of the straight ticket, always-GOP-no-matter-what-because-daddy-raised-me-that-way vote. The only way Paul is going to win this is if he makes it him versus Romney, which he has every right to do considering he is at least tied for third in every poll I've seen. If he doesn't, Bachmann or Cain will get those votes (I don't think Palin can break 20% absent a miracle).

trey4sports
05-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Anyone want to make a prediction on Rons % ? I'm going to guess 12%

trey4sports
05-31-2011, 02:19 PM
I am not sure where this Herman Cain thing will go, but his entire campaign is built on talk. If he talks the talk, he might be able to get the votes. However, he has recently said some stupid stuff (like that his own plan won't work), so that will be a negative for him. Whereas other candidates have years of experience to back up what they are saying, Cain does not have that advantage. I tend to think that in the end, it will be Paul vs. Bachmann, possible including Cain vying for voters dissatisfied with the usual GOP, and Gingrich, Romney, and Pawlenty will be vying for votes of the straight ticket, always-GOP-no-matter-what-because-daddy-raised-me-that-way vote. The only way Paul is going to win this is if he makes it him versus Romney, which he has every right to do considering he is at least tied for third in every poll I've seen. If he doesn't, Bachmann or Cain will get those votes (I don't think Palin can break 20% absent a miracle).

I don't think Cain will get the nomination, but the real question is how will he affect our vote total

The Dark Knight
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
I actually think cain doing better in the polls is a good thing. It will cut into Romney's voters and we are going to need that to have people split up the votes. lets just hope he does not get too many votes

nate895
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't think Cain will get the nomination, but the real question is how will he affect our vote total

I think if Cain becomes a major player, he will cause Romney or Pawlenty to get the nomination. Cain will take away votes from the anti-Establishment candidates (and, like it or note, Cain and Bachmann are both considered anti-establishment by the wider voting audience). Similar thing could happen if Palin is a player at all. What might happen is we'll head into the Iowa caucuses with 4 anti-establishment (in the eyes of wider GOP voter) versus 3 establishment candidates, two of whom have little shot and will probably be among the also-rans. If none of the Paul, Bachmann, Cain, or Palin camps can achieve a breakthrough prior to caucus night, then they'll split they 60-70% conservative vote three ways, while the establishment vote will be united behind either Romney or Pawlenty come caucus night, thus ensuring a victory for one of the two.

nate895
05-31-2011, 02:28 PM
I actually think cain doing better in the polls is a good thing. It will cut into Romney's voters and we are going to need that to have people split up the votes. lets just hope he does not get too many votes

Cain is taking away possible votes from us, not Romney.

Esoteric
05-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Cain is taking away possible votes from us, not Romney.

This, unfortunately.

LibertyEagle
05-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Paul needs to present a plan for getting us back on the right track. He has to get out of this defensive mode he is in. And yeah, he badly needs to bring someone on-board to help him prep for debates. I don't care that he doesn't want to. If he is in it to win, he WILL.

emr1028
05-31-2011, 02:37 PM
God damnit. Cain needs to be exposed for what he is before the ames poll. I'm not usually a fan of negative campaigning, but if some ads were run talking about Cain's long history with the banks, I think people might be turned off.

nate895
05-31-2011, 02:41 PM
God damnit. Cain needs to be exposed for what he is before the ames poll. I'm not usually a fan of negative campaigning, but if some ads were run talking about Cain's long history with the banks, I think people might be turned off.

Yeah, the Fed ain't too popular right now.

Whoda thunk we'd be able to say that four years ago?

goRPaul
05-31-2011, 02:56 PM

No, this is impulsive and would do only harm, not any good. He'll have to explain his support for the bailouts soon enough, and then he'll show everyone his true colors. No action is required.

nate895
05-31-2011, 02:58 PM
No, this is impulsive and would do only harm, not any good. He'll have to explain his support for the bailouts soon enough, and then he'll show everyone his true colors. No action is required.

Negative campaigning works. It can backfire, but when it works, it works well. Ron Paul needs to be on the offensive, attacking his opponents. They are going to do it to him. He needs to fight fire with fire. That is just the way the game is played.

goRPaul
05-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Negative campaigning works. It can backfire, but when it works, it works well. Ron Paul needs to be on the offensive, attacking his opponents. They are going to do it to him. He needs to fight fire with fire. That is just the way the game is played.

I completely disagree. Has Ron ever run a direct negative ad? He's never needed to, and he doesn't need to now. That is how the establishment plays the game, not Ron. Ron has always attacked the ideas, never the person.

nate895
05-31-2011, 03:08 PM
I completely disagree. Has Ron ever run a direct negative ad? He's never needed to, and he doesn't need to now. That is how the establishment plays the game, not Ron. Ron has always attacked the ideas, never the person.

Actually, he ran a negative campaign back in '96, '98, and '00. Know what happened? He won. "Be leery of Sneary," and he even quoted Gingrich in '96 against incumbent D-turned-R Laughlin.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-31-2011, 03:17 PM
I completely disagree. Has Ron ever run a direct negative ad? He's never needed to, and he doesn't need to now.

Yes. Ron Paul ran some vicious attack ads against Bob Gammage in 1976.

Gammage himself learned the hard way not to underestimate Paul, an obstetrician from Brazoria County.

On the morning of the runoff election, Gammage got an early dose of a tactic that, 30 years later, would become known as "swift boating." Gammage says he was jolted out of bed by a radio ad from the Paul campaign that featured a blood-curdling scream.

"The next thing I heard was this sweet girl's little voice saying, 'I hope my daddy and mommy don't vote for Bob Gammage, 'cause he wants to turn the rapists and murders loose to attack us in our beds. I hope my mommy and daddy vote for Ron Paul. He wants to put them in jail where they belong,'" Gammage recalls with a laugh.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15016924

trey4sports
05-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Yes. Ron Paul ran some vicious attack ads against Bob Gammage in 1976.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15016924

That's pretty hardcore!

goRPaul
05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Actually, he ran a negative campaign back in '96, '98, and '00. Know what happened? He won. "Be leery of Sneary," and he even quoted Gingrich in '96 against incumbent D-turned-R Laughlin.

No, he did not run negative campaigns. Maybe he had an ad that said to be "leery of Sneary," and maybe he raised questions in people's minds about why the establishment was supporting a former Democrat against him. These are modest and responsible efforts, but he did not point fingers, call names, or sling poo at anybody.

I'll agree that negativity can help you win 1v1. In fact, that's how the majority of elections are won, no matter what office. But this is a wide open race, and that is the kind of campaign that people like me are sick and tired of. Ron Paul has too much class to do something so visceral.

nate895
05-31-2011, 03:28 PM
No, he did not run negative campaigns. Maybe he had an ad that said to be "leery of Sneary," and maybe he raised questions in people's minds about why the establishment was supporting a former Democrat against him. These are modest and responsible efforts, but he did not point fingers, call names, or sling poo at anybody.

I'll agree that negativity can help you win 1v1. In fact, that's how the majority of elections are won, no matter what office. But this is a wide open race, and that is the kind of campaign that people like me are sick and tired of. Ron Paul has too much class to do something so visceral.

I didn't say to do anything visceral. I didn't say that he should sling trash at Romney or something. However, he should get out there and say how horrible Romney's healthcare position. How about saying why we should vote for him over Bachmann? Palin? Cain?

Avg. Voter: "Why should I vote for you, instead of Herman Cain, who is a free market guy like you?"

Ron Paul: "Well, first, we have to unite against the establishment candidates like Romney. Herman Cain cannot do that because he has only talked the talk, but I've walked the walk for my 11 terms in Congress, and I've been consistent."

pauladin
05-31-2011, 03:28 PM
i predict that if the republicans are dumb enough to nominate cain, he will get his ass whooped hard in the general election. he will be painted as an "uncle tom" candidate. the republicans will get the lowest percentage of votes they've had in decades. third party independent/candidates will get a huge chunk of the vote (at least 25%) because so many voters will feel alienated by two black major party candidates.

wgadget
05-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Maybe cuz Cain IS the media. He had his own radio show on WSB-AM for years.

wgadget
05-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Cain got instant media support at the key time (wonder why?) whereas Ron....didn't.

Reply above meant for this quote.

It's SO obvious that Herman Cain is the hand-picked media favorite this time around, kinda like Huckleberry was last time. UGH.

Perhaps we should go with the "Herman Cain just wants his own FOX news-show" angle.

TIMB0B
05-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Two reasons why I believe Cain is doing well thus far...

1) He's the GOP's Obama. I think a lot of the supporters believe they need a black candidate to beat the black incumbent. Yes, there are a lot of stupid voters out there.

2) The Fair Tax. I'm not wholly supportive of the Fair Tax, but it does at least one thing that got my attention and has everyone who supports Cain hooked...it abolishes the IRS and all direct taxes.

I think Ron Paul should embrace the Fair Tax as a means to end all direct taxes and the IRS (then he could work on phasing the Fair Tax out down the road). I think this compromise "sounds" better to the sheep, than going to a 10% Flat Tax with the option to 'opt out' of entitlement programs. The older crowd is scared to death of losing their entitlements, and believe RP will cut them (even though that's not true), which conversely is why I believe Cain is getting a lot of support because the Fair Tax doesn't cut entitlements, but still gets rid of the IRS and income tax.

libertybrewcity
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
The numbers go up and down. It's still really early

Napoleon's Shadow
05-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Yeah. Last time he was tied with Cain and they didn't mention him of course. Their meme is that Cain is surging they added him to their national head to head with Obama too. I have seen a lot of forums with people saying 'what do you think of Cain', we have to get the information about his views on TARP out there. But we have to be neutral in our presentation. The Cain camp is starting a "RP supporters are trying to bring him down just because he worked for the fed they are nuts about the fed, we all know that' type meme. No need to walk into it.Yes, Cain's history MUST be communicated to the Tea Party early so that they have a bad taste in their mouths PDQ. Otherwise they may latch on, decide with emotion, and become entrenched.

Napoleon's Shadow
05-31-2011, 04:44 PM
I think if Cain becomes a major player, he will cause Romney or Pawlenty to get the nomination. Cain will take away votes from the anti-Establishment candidates (and, like it or note, Cain and Bachmann are both considered anti-establishment by the wider voting audience).That is EXACTLY what Fred Thompson did last time. He took enough votes away from Huckabee and ensured that McCain got the nomination. Fred was never in the race to win, he was there to suck up conservative votes and divide the field so that another establishment person would win.

rockandrollsouls
05-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Get over it, guys. These polls aren't "media" made, It's not too early, they aren't rigged and there's no excuse for them. It's the cold hard truth and noone has the guts to swallow it, take notice, and fix the underlying cause.

I don't see the campaign doing anything different, hence the reason the numbers are proportionally similar. I'm bloody over it. It sickens me to invest so much time, energy, and effort and see these results spearheaded by a bull-headed campaign. Think about it, if we were trying to NOT win, aren't the campaigns actions pretty much in line with this hypothetical goal? I can't see them doing any worse.

AuH20
05-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Get over it, guys. These polls aren't "media" made, It's not too early, they aren't rigged and there's no excuse for them. It's the cold hard truth and noone has the guts to swallow it, take notice, and fix the underlying cause.

I don't see the campaign doing anything different, hence the reason the numbers are proportionally similar. I'm bloody over it. It sickens me to invest so much time, energy, and effort and see these results spearheaded by a bull-headed campaign. Think about it, if we were trying to NOT win, aren't the campaigns actions pretty much in line with this hypothetical goal? I can't see them doing any worse.

True. Ron is too familiar a face and what he represents is saturated throughout the land from the prior campaign cycle. Despite the misrepresentations by the media, he hasn't done a good job thus far of refuting their falsehoods. Secondly, he's really old and there is a blatant age bias.

libertybrewcity
05-31-2011, 06:30 PM
i predict that if the republicans are dumb enough to nominate cain, he will get his ass whooped hard in the general election. he will be painted as an "uncle tom" candidate. the republicans will get the lowest percentage of votes they've had in decades. third party independent/candidates will get a huge chunk of the vote (at least 25%) because so many voters will feel alienated by two black major party candidates.

Why does race have anything to do with this? You need to look past that and focus on issues. He is a person, not a color...jesus...

AgentOrange
05-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Here's the reality, the media like Cain, because he is the status quo. Regardless of what he says, he is a typical Demopublican/Republicrats. Republicans who who want win, just for the sake of "winning" are supporting him, because they think he will get the "black" vote away from Obama. He has next to nil political experience, there is no way Cain would win a general election. Independents like Cain, because they are assuming that if he was able to be a successful CEO of a large company, that he would surely improve the US economy. Paul need to be prepared to "attack" Cain on these points.

sailingaway
05-31-2011, 06:36 PM

I'm not saying the poll is made up, I'm saying the things about it that PPP highlights are ABSOLUTELY part of a story line they think will help the Dems. They are a declared Democratic polling company.

emr1028
05-31-2011, 06:36 PM
"We polled 481 Republicans in Iowa. 1 picked Jon Huntsman. Not 1%. 1 respondent."

rp08orbust
05-31-2011, 06:38 PM
"We polled 481 Republicans in Iowa. 1 picked Jon Huntsman. Not 1%. 1 respondent."

My avatar is known as a huntsman. http://australianmuseum.net.au/Huntsman-Spiders

sailingaway
05-31-2011, 06:39 PM

LOL!

The establishment is churning hard, but one is more model's dummy like than the next....

emr1028
05-31-2011, 06:41 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_Republican_Party _presidential_primaries,_2008#Iowa

In May 2007, Ron was polling at 0-2% in Iowa, and ended up taking 9% of the Ames Straw Poll and 10% in the Caucus. We still have plenty of room to grow, however I do agree that the official campaign needs to step it up and be more aggressive in Iowa. I think the high Tide ad NEEDS to be played all over TV there.

PaulConventionWV
05-31-2011, 06:43 PM
I see your concern. Like him or hate him, Ron Paul doesn't bend for anybody. For some people, being purely doctrinaire is more important than getting votes, and that is one of the reasons we like Ron.

As I see it now, we may end up doing another educational campaign, but hey, it didn't work out too bad last time, right?

This campaign is NOT merely educational! People need to get rid of that phrase. How can anyone make it any more clear that we are trying to win? That is the case no matter what happens, and believe you me, our support will not shrink, barring a complete disaster. We need to get rid of the very idea of an 'educational campaign' and get used to the idea of promoting Paul over all of the other candidates. We don't go to people's doorsteps to talk about OUR view of the world, we go to talk about RON'S view. Now, seriously, no more of this 'educational' crap. It doesn't mean anything, and won't get us anywhere this time around.

rockandrollsouls
05-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Agree with the previous two posts whole heartedly. We're in it to win it.

Edit: I wish they did a live video with Ron that evoked the emotions the high-tide video evokes. Something about animation doesn't do it for me, but the original high tide is a very powerful platform. Personally, I'd add Ron predicting where Osama Bin Laden is, a bit about predicting the financial crisis, and some other buzz-topics.

Michigan11
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Forget about Cain... this guy is going no where, even though it seems like he is.. Remember 08 and all previous elections.

It's Romney(Ivan or Mr. T) Vs. Paul(Rocky)... We know who wins this in the end - the good will prevail

sailingaway
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
This campaign is NOT merely educational! People need to get rid of that phrase. How can anyone make it any more clear that we are trying to win? That is the case no matter what happens, and believe you me, our support will not shrink, barring a complete disaster. We need to get rid of the very idea of an 'educational campaign' and get used to the idea of promoting Paul over all of the other candidates. We don't go to people's doorsteps to talk about OUR view of the world, we go to talk about RON'S view. Now, seriously, no more of this 'educational' crap. It doesn't mean anything, and won't get us anywhere this time around.

WOOT!!

um....

I mean, I agree.

trey4sports
05-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Honestly, no campaign is running ads, attacking front-runners or anything of that sort yet. So to say the campaign is messing up is premature. They haven't had a CHANCE to mess up or succeed yet. The first real test of the campaign will be August 13th...

rp08orbust
05-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Honestly, no campaign is running ads, attacking front-runners or anything of that sort yet. So to say the campaign is messing up is premature. They haven't had a CHANCE to mess up or succeed yet. The first real test of the campaign will be August 13th...

IMO not doing anything about Presidency 5 is a pretty major screw-up.

KramerDSP
05-31-2011, 07:06 PM
IMO not doing anything about Presidency 5 is a pretty major screw-up.

I guess I'm being self-defeating, but the Presidency 5 is not something I've ever heard of, while the Ames Iowa Straw Poll is well known by even those that are not politically savvy. I don't think Florida will go Ron Paul (1% in the polls in Jacksonville at some Tea Party there and something like 5% in the Florida area from PPP), whereas we can absolutely win the Ames Iowa Straw Poll. That's why the campaign is probably going all in for Ames.

The Dark Knight
05-31-2011, 07:08 PM
anyone know what time they will release the results?

rp08orbust
05-31-2011, 07:10 PM
I guess I'm being self-defeating, but the Presidency 5 is not something I've ever heard of, while the Ames Iowa Straw Poll is well known by even those that are not politically savvy. I don't think Florida will go Ron Paul (1% in the polls in Jacksonville at some Tea Party there and something like 5% in the Florida area from PPP), whereas we can absolutely win the Ames Iowa Straw Poll. That's why the campaign is probably going all in for Ames.

I'm glad the campaign is going all-in for the Ames straw poll. But all they have to do right now for Presidency 5 is send emails to Florida supporters. The first stage of Presidency 5 is essentially an online poll in the sense that all it amounts to is getting supporters to a certain website before a certain date. We're supposed to be good at that.

And the only reason we haven't heard of Presidency 5 is that the straw poll was cancelled at Presidency 4 in 2007 due to a dispute between Romney and McCain loyalists within the RPOF. Believe me, we will be hearing about Presidency 5 as it gets closer, only it will be too late for us to do anything about it. Delegates will swoon over Herman Cain's "dynamic" speech the day before the poll and hand him a victory that could have been ours.

This is a very unique situation where the application deadline of June 10 is based on past election cycles when the Republican presidential nominating races were already at a fever pitch, as opposed to this one when it has hardly gotten started. Victory this year will go to whoever notices this opportunity and seizes it with a vengeance. It will be tragic if the Ron Paul campaign fails to do this when it is so well equipped to.

Finally, if we don't think Ron Paul can win a state like Florida, then we might as well give up right now.

FSP-Rebel
05-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Paul can do well in the FL primary if the seniors are focused on and told that their savings/their kids' inheritances are being threatened by the Fed and that Ron is the only one that wants to put them in check.

rockandrollsouls
05-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Personally, I'd hammer home Ron's plan to fully fund any social security and medicare liabilities while offering the young individuals a chance to opt out. That's a one-two punch you can't beat.

I'm kind of floored he hasn't even brought it up yet.

Paul can do well in the FL primary if the seniors are focused on and told that their savings/their kids' inheritances are being threatened by the Fed and that Ron is the only one that wants to put them in check.

KramerDSP
05-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah, you're right. Thanks for talking me off the ledge.

AuH20
05-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Personally, I'd hammer home Ron's plan to fully fund any social security and medicare liabilities while offering the young individuals a chance to opt out. That's a one-two punch you can't beat.

I'm kind of floored he hasn't even brought it up yet.

Ron needs to talk about an income tax moratorium. He would totally blindside all other candidates. And he would need to provide documentation how the government, albeit much smaller could function in the meantime.

BlackTerrel
05-31-2011, 07:38 PM
And Romney probably #1 with three times as much. Why is everyone focusing on Cain rather than Romney? He's the guy we need to beat.