PDA

View Full Version : George Will wonders why liberals aren’t ‘clamoring’ for Obama’s impeachment

doodle
05-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Good question.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/26/george-will-wonders-why-liberals-arent-clamoring-for-obamas-impeachment/

jmdrake
05-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Yep. I pointed out to an Obama supporting friend yesterday that Obama was supporting Al Qaeda in Libya and showed him the documentation. He fell back on the "We always support the lesser of two evils" excuse. :eek:

ExPatPaki
05-31-2011, 11:50 AM
He fell back on the "We always support the lesser of two evils" excuse. :eek:

LOL, I always love that excuse.

So how is Gadaffi more "evil" than al-Qaeda now?

jmdrake
05-31-2011, 11:59 AM
LOL, I always love that excuse.

So how is Gadaffi more "evil" than al-Qaeda now?

Or how is Obama more believable than Bush? I left out how this conversation started. We were talking about the prospects of Obama's reelection, and one friend brought up the OBL killing and this other friend mentioned that people have a short attention span. I have jokingly said "Obama could just kill him again". Of course this friend couldn't imagine how I could even question that and that we didn't show the face "because that would just be wrong" (they showed the faces of everyone else killed) or how he had heard from some Islamic expert that burial at sea was okay despite it being against Islamic law if you didn't die on ship (you can find an expert to say anything) etc. I pointed out how Madeline Albright and others said Bush had Osama on ice and warned him not to try anything funny. He was like "So your saying Obama is no more trustworthy than Bush?" That's when I ran with the Obama-Al Qaeda-Libya story.

It's really sad, but folks give their favorite politician the benefit of the doubt even when it makes no sense.

NewRightLibertarian
05-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Yep. I pointed out to an Obama supporting friend yesterday that Obama was supporting Al Qaeda in Libya and showed him the documentation. He fell back on the "We always support the lesser of two evils" excuse. :eek:

I had the same convo with a friend. He supports intervention because the international community is for it. I pointed out that Bush had more international support for his invasion. He couldn't refute any of my points, but he still supports the invasion. He's going to be getting his PhD to become a court historian. He wrote an award-winning thesis. We truly are fucked.

jmdrake
05-31-2011, 12:10 PM
I had the same convo with a friend. He supports intervention because the international community is for it. I pointed out that Bush had more international support for his invasion. He couldn't refute any of my points, but he still supports the invasion. He's going to be getting his PhD to become a court historian. He wrote an award-winning thesis. We truly are fucked.

There are a lot of book smart people that are woefully uninformed about geopolitics.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Forget liberals, why aren't Republicans moving on impeachment? The GOP controls the House, and that's where impeachment begins. Boehner should be drawing it up right now.

doodle
06-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Forget liberals, why aren't Republicans moving on impeachment? The GOP controls the House, and that's where impeachment begins. Boehner should be drawing it up right now.

They are bunch of chickdens.. with few noteable exceptions.

speciallyblend
06-04-2011, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b91rSw4xuYY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b91rSw4xuYY

awake
06-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Anyone who dares to question OBAMA is a racist birther who loves Bin Laden. Impeach the messiah? That's impossible."They should have their head examined". What are you some kind of Qaddafi lover?

Works - every - time.

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-04-2011, 09:15 PM
I wonder what people would say about anyone who dares to question politicians that have a last name of "Paul"?

Pericles
06-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Will knows the answer. Liberals give a pass on any issue to somebody on their "team".

AGRP
06-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Liberals or the Democrat Party machine?

If the Democrat Party machine was consistent, then liberals would follow suit and remain consistent (prove George wrong) just as with the Republican Party machine and conservatives. But, the Dem machine is programed to be equally inconsistent just as with the Rep machine because theyre both the same party!

Its like a teeter totter.

doodle
06-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Teeter totter.. sounds about right. Both parties are about equally inconsistent.