PDA

View Full Version : Media Spin Evidence from Cable TV Satellite Feeds

Mary Microgram
05-31-2011, 05:52 AM
Wasn't sure where to post this, so forgive me. May be old to some of you but it relates directly to what's going on with Ron Paul and the media so here it is. If nothing else, this documentary could be used to shut down all FOX, CNN and MSNBC disciples who think the idea of media spin is a paranoid conspiracy theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez4zVwxCCtc&feature=related

From about 13:00 to 20:00, you'll see how the media literally 'erases' certain candidates from elections and what goes on "behind the scenes" at news stations like CNN. While you likely KNOW this intuitively, it's interesting to see the most damning evidence in full view. Larry Agran--candidate in the 1992 elections--was much like Ron Paul in that he was deemed "the only candidate that understands the issues". He also faced eerily similar treatment in the media. Main difference: he was arrested during a televised debate. Other interesting tidbits--Hearing Larry King tell Bill Clinton that Ted Turner would "serve him"/Nightline execs telling Agran he hadn't "earned" media exposure. Creepy. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what it's called or when it was made, but it's damn good. I don't think it's possible to view this type of satellite feed today...or at least not that I'm aware of.

Movie title: "Spin" by Brian Springer

acptulsa
05-31-2011, 06:08 AM
Cool. We have a special subforum for bad media reporting. I'll ask the mods to move it there. And forward this to a person or two...

acptulsa
05-31-2011, 07:08 AM
Thanks mods!

123tim
05-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this, so forgive me. May be old to some of you but it relates directly to what's going on with Ron Paul and the media so here it is. If nothing else, this documentary could be used to shut down all FOX, CNN and MSNBC disciples who think the idea of media spin is a paranoid conspiracy theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez4zVwxCCtc&feature=related

From about 13:00 to 20:00, you'll see how the media literally 'erases' certain candidates from elections and what goes on "behind the scenes" at news stations like CNN. While you likely KNOW this intuitively, it's interesting to see the most damning evidence in full view. Larry Agran--candidate in the 1992 elections--was much like Ron Paul in that he was deemed "the only candidate that understands the issues". He also faced eerily similar treatment in the media. Main difference: he was arrested during a televised debate. Other interesting tidbits--Hearing Larry King tell Bill Clinton that Ted Turner would "serve him"/Nightline execs telling Agran he hadn't "earned" media exposure. Creepy. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what it's called or when it was made, but it's damn good. I don't think it's possible to view this type of satellite feed today...or at least not that I'm aware of.

Movie title: "Spin" by Brian Springer

Thank you so much for posting this link! I've been looking for this particular video since 2008 (it had been posted on the forum then). I even made a post asking if anyone remembered it (to no avail.)

In particular I was interested in learning more about presidential candidate Larry Agran, but couldn't remember his name or any specifics about him. This segment of the video starts at 16:43.

By the way, you still can get satellite feeds legally on Free To Air (FTA) satellite reception. At least you could a few years ago. I haven't used mine since I got high speed internet. All you need, to get started, is a $90.00 -$150.00 receiver, a 36 inch dish and a clear view of the southern sky. Be warned that there are those who steal scrambled satellite signals and call it FTA reception. True FTA reception is 100 percent legal. De-scrambling satellite signals (without a subscription) in not.

sevin
06-01-2011, 08:36 AM
I've seen this before. The stuff with Clinton (from 15:00 to 17:00 or so) is really creepy.

Mary Microgram
06-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks for moving the thread! I figured it fit best in the media spin section, but the other topics in there seemed more directly related to R.P. And glad you found the link useful. I had to watch it again to catch everything.