PDA

View Full Version : "You know it’s bad when Rosie O’Donnell sounds like the voice of reason."

Zatch
05-31-2011, 05:40 AM
What? On Rosie O'Donnell Show, They Compare Post-Abortion Guilt to Blaming a Rape Victim for Her Outfit
By Tim Graham | May 28, 2011 | 23:14

On Thursday’s edition of Rosie Radio on XM/Sirius, Rosie O’Donnell discussed talk show host and comedian Chelsea Handler's recent statement in a New York Times interview that she had an abortion when she was sixteen and still feels she made the right choice. Rosie and her executive producer Janette Barber agreed that it was courageous of Handler both to reveal the abortion and to say she doesn't regret it.

http://www.mdgprojects.com/janettebarber/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/BFA-360-JB.jpg

But when the Rosie crew took a call from woman who had several abortions in her late thirties and early forties and feels guilty about it, Barber really lost it, and compared that guilt to blaming a rape victim’s outfit for rape:

JANETTE BARBER: To me, it's almost like saying, 'Yeah, why were you in that alley in short shorts when you got raped?'

O'DONNELL: Well, it's different, because one is preventable and one isn't, right? If you're in an alley and you're raped, you don't have any control --

BARBER, not budging: But [people will say] ‘ your problem was you shouldn't have gone in the alley, you shouldn't have worn that outfit...’

You know it’s bad when Rosie O’Donnell sounds like the voice of reason. She hired this person to call shots for her. A few minutes later, Barber added:

I think if you want an abortion, you get an abortion. If you don't want to get an abortion, I would never force anyone to get an abortion, but I'd fight to the freakin' death for somebody's right to have an abortion. When I was a kid, I thought, 'If we lose this right, I'm leaving this country.'

I had plans [in the event of pregnancy]...I'm gonna wear a tent dress while I don't eat so I can get big and I can go in the woods, have it, kill it, and bury it, 'cause I didn't know how else I would get rid of it if I lost that right. I was pretty young when I had that plan, and I got over it.

This sound of desperation easily might remind readers of the abortionist writing on the Daily Kos a couple of weeks back with his motto: "A woman does not want an abortion like she wants an ice cream cone, a new dress, or a Porsche; she wants an abortion like an animal caught in a trap wants to gnaw off its own leg to escape."

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/05/28/what-rosie-odonnell-show-they-compare-post-abortion-guilt-blaming-rape-v

Sola_Fide
05-31-2011, 06:02 AM
That's pretty sick. I still cannot come to grips with the level of brutality it takes for a woman to say that and mean it. How utterly shameful.

jrskblx125
05-31-2011, 06:33 AM
I bet shed scare a starving dog off a hambone anyway. No need for abortions if she aint getting laid!

angelatc
05-31-2011, 07:34 AM
That's pretty sick. I still cannot come to grips with the level of brutality it takes for a woman to say that and mean it. How utterly shameful.

I get why women have abortions. But it makes far more sense to regret it later than not to regret it. There's something mentally wrong with people who think its ok to kill their offspring.

kahless
05-31-2011, 07:42 AM
The mother does not have to regret killing her offspring if she just gives it up for adoption. It is only 9 months out of her life. There are plenty of people waiting on lists to adopt.

aGameOfThrones
05-31-2011, 07:47 AM
a call from woman who had several abortions in her late thirties and early forties and feels guilty about it

Sheesh.

amy31416
05-31-2011, 07:50 AM
The mother does not have to regret killing her offspring if she just gives it up for adoption. It is only 9 months out of her life. There are plenty of people waiting on lists to adopt.

I partially agree. Where I disagree is in your comment "it's only 9 months out of her life."

Not true. With recovery and possible complications, it's more like a year. There's also a huge cost involved with hospitalization and doctor visits. Downplaying what a huge commitment pregnancy is isn't reasonable, even if adoptive parents are lined up and willing to pay.

That said, that woman is a violent nut if she'd choose to actually go through with the pregnancy and kill the infant, rather than go the adoption route.

jtstellar
05-31-2011, 08:50 AM
when you see someone wearing smart glasses, just know that a prejudice in seeing it as a mark of the stupid is absolutely correct

jtstellar
05-31-2011, 09:04 AM
This sound of desperation easily might remind readers of the abortionist writing on the Daily Kos a couple of weeks back with his motto: "A woman does not want an abortion like she wants an ice cream cone, a new dress, or a Porsche; she wants an abortion like an animal caught in a trap wants to gnaw off its own leg to escape."

the fact that there is even the need to insult people's intelligence, and generalize half of the population into one sentence consisting words of "ice cream, new dress, a porsche, and an animal" in a futile attempt to achieve a consensus whose need arises simply out of many's inability to carry abortion without financial support from those whom "they disagree morally" (really are you in a place to disagree when you need help? you're trying to argue on an even playing field of moralities? kidding me?) This paradox plainly diminishes, in its current state of implementation, the case for abortion. if you even wish to argue for abortion, repeal the aids and federal mandates first.

fact of life: the less support/help you need, the less people pay attention to you or whatever subjective "immoralities" they may complain about.

the reason why people whine about japanese hunting whales is because it's done in the open ocean. had someone rich enough built an artificial lake of some sort and managed to breed and kill raised whales there, complaints would be much less. just like the egg/chicken farms where they squash countless newly born chicks with machines. seen those videos on youtube? they any less disgusting than whale killing? heard complaints? fact: whenever you use something appealing to a cognitive sense of "public property", people will "interfere" with your "private activities".

how to do it? use your own money, repeal federal aids, everybody happy. the fact that some just interjects every time on this issue in need to sway "public opinion" is a problem in and onto itself when you constantly talk about your private life because you use other people's money and properties and thus have the need for justifications, and it is quite frankly very pathetic, no offense.

and just for anyone who is too stupid to understand-- i argued neither for nor against the broad notion of "abortion" in the above statement. if you're going to flame, at least don't sound stupid.