PDA

View Full Version : Tens of thousands protest in Baghdad to demand U.S. troops to leave

doodle
05-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Despite trillions of dollars in debt and hundreds of thousands killed/injured/maimed during Operation Iraqi Freedom, this is the garitude from Iraqis?

Tens of thousands protest in Baghdad to demand U.S. troops to leave

26 May 2011

BAGHDAD (BNO NEWS) -- Tens of thousands of people took to the streets of Baghdad on Thursday to demand that American troops leave the country by the end of the year, local media reported.

link (http://channel6newsonline.com/2011/05/tens-of-thousands-protest-in-baghdad-to-demand-u-s-troops-to-leave/)

OTOH, if troops are removed from Iraq, that could end the hope for Iran attack and make Obama's neocon handlers/bundler funders unhappy.

America's Iraq intervention is caught between a rock and a hard place.

TheDriver
05-30-2011, 04:35 PM
This is exactly why we can't leave, we can't have people marching in parades because they hate our freedom..... (sarcasm)

doodle
05-30-2011, 04:48 PM
We do have freedom to dance... without a dance permit.

lester1/2jr
05-30-2011, 04:57 PM
We should have the same protest here. get washington out of our country by the end of the year! Without the shia muslim rhetoric though, that would be slightly out of place.

Humanae Libertas
05-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Next weeks headline:

Tens of thousands dead in Baghdad after US air-raid

Yieu
05-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Despite trillions of dollars in debt and hundreds of thousands killed/injured/maimed during Operation Iraqi Freedom, this is the garitude from Iraqis?

Why do you always ask leading questions that seem to try to provoke an emotional retort? Don't have to answer, I have an idea of why. :)

Anyway, this is good news. Maybe if we protest here and they protest there, we'll come home. One of the arguments statists use to claim we need to stay over there is that the Iraqis want us there (haha). That argument is weakened greatly by this.

Anti Federalist
05-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Wait, wut?

I thought the Iraq war was over and we won...?

Obama said so...

Chester Copperpot
05-30-2011, 05:17 PM
link please?

doodle
05-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Why do you always ask leading questions that seem to try to provoke an emotional retort? ..

That's not entirely true, sometimes I ask trailing questions (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?295741-Christian-Evang-leader-US-hit-with-deadly-superstorms-after-Obama-s-pledge-on-Israel&p=3307329&viewfull=1#post3307329) too.

And what better way to discuss an illogical, emotional policy than by starting debates with "emotional" questions.. although I tend to get caught up with logical questions mostly.

pcosmar
05-30-2011, 05:20 PM
But,,,, they love us there. They want us to stay to keep them safe.
:rolleyes:

specsaregood
05-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Wait, wut?
Obama said so...

Correct, we only have "non-combat" troops in Iraq now. Whatever the hell that is....
If these protests keep up we are gonna have non-combat their asses good.

doodle
05-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Wait, wut?

Obama said so...

Obama has been accused of having a forked tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z33E3RnrIVA

link please?

Link for?

Yieu
05-30-2011, 06:09 PM
That's not entirely true, sometimes I ask trailing questions (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?295741-Christian-Evang-leader-US-hit-with-deadly-superstorms-after-Obama-s-pledge-on-Israel&p=3307329&viewfull=1#post3307329) too.

And what better way to discuss an illogical, emotional policy than by starting debates with "emotional" questions.. although I tend to get caught up with logical questions mostly.

That's not what I meant by "leading questions".

leading question (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/leading+question)
—noun
a question phrased in a manner that tends to suggest the desired answer

Leading questions can tend to be misleading sometimes. ;):p

doodle
05-30-2011, 06:26 PM
That's not what I meant by "leading questions".

Leading questions can tend to be misleading sometimes. ;):p

I see, gotcha :)

If I believe a certain view leads in the right direction, I will try to encourage/induce same belief in others, for those with differing views could see my view as "misleading"according to their views/beliefs. Usually an OP post should reflect views/beliefs of OP , that's the whole point of a discussion that those in disagreement on an issue would try to make their points using their arguments in subsequent exchange that follows. If you feel a stance or argument is not grounded in facts, feel free to counter it by preseneting your arguments/evidence to the contrary. That's what makes this fun.

sailingaway
05-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Wasn't it flowers they were supposed to throw down in the street before our troops? I could have sworn I read about flowers from the grateful populace before we went in....

sailingaway
05-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Correct, we only have "non-combat" troops in Iraq now. Whatever the hell that is....
If these protests keep up we are gonna have non-combat their asses good.

Non combat troops and 'consultant contractors'. In one interview Ron said with exasperation that two consultants seemed to be going in for every troop removed, but possibly that was hyperbole.

lynnf
05-30-2011, 09:18 PM
ok by me, let's get out!

Koz
05-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes, keep protesting. Get our damn troops out of there. Why would we even have non-combat troops period? Hey, you wanna join the non-combat portion of the army? No, you don't get a gun. Nope, no night vision either. We give you paper and Pencil to take notes. Ridiculous.

Yieu
05-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Yes, keep protesting. Get our damn troops out of there. Why would we even have non-combat troops period? Hey, you wanna join the non-combat portion of the army? No, you don't get a gun. Nope, no night vision either. We give you paper and Pencil to take notes. Ridiculous.

Odd part about those "non-combat troops" is that they are armed and do get into firefights. So "non-combat" is a misnomer, to deceive.

Vessol
05-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Obviously their self delusional! We are only there to give them freedom and democracy!

tsai3904
05-31-2011, 12:09 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-30/dempsey-would-support-keeping-u-s-troops-in-iraq-past-deadline-if-needed.html

General Martin Dempsey, President Barack Obama’s choice for chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is a former commander in Iraq who said he’s willing to keep U.S. troops there past December to keep that country stable.

The nomination came just seven weeks after Dempsey became the Chief of Staff of the Army, a post normally held for four years. When he took that post, he told reporters he would support keeping U.S. troops in Iraq past the end of the year, the current departure deadline, if Iraq’s government agreed.

“It would certainly be in our interest to see Iraq remain on its current path and become even more stable,” Dempsey told reporters at a Pentagon briefing. “As a member of the national security team, that would be my advice.”

doodle
06-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Ofcourse that's why Obama picked Dempsey.

YumYum
06-04-2011, 08:16 PM
We are not leaving Iraq.

HOLLYWOOD
06-04-2011, 08:37 PM
We are not leaving Iraq.CORRECT... Obama and the Military Industrial Complex have a pending $5 BILLION F-16 fighter order. There's no way Iraq will be aloud to buy Russia or Chinese Stealth Fighters or any of their gear.

That Billion and half dollar monstrosity of fortress US Embassy in Baghdad needs it's super spy center fully staffed with free reign of the Iraqi borders for infiltration and monitoring other nations.

John McCain may get his wish of a 100 years in Iraq if the US economy doesn't collapse first. Hell... these sociopaths and globalists inside the DC beltway would still fund their empire overseas, while the nation at home starves/collapses.

doodle
06-06-2011, 01:05 AM
We are not leaving Iraq.

Iraq and become top recipient of US welfare aid if I'm not mistaken. Occupation that extends into decades could have huge costs for us. Shouldn't we learn from mistakes of others? But that's a rhetorical question.

::
Looking at the current direction of things, if Obama handlers stayed in control of White House beyond 2012, won't be too surprised if :

Number of Americans on Food Stamps breaks all previous records:

link (http://www.thestreet.com/story/11137852/1/food-stamp-participation-rises-for-37th-straight-month.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEN)

Americans daughters and sons are asked to undress completely before boarding planes, trains to make America secure.

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx153bakIdQ&NR=1)

Female reporters are asked to remove their underwear before meeting with Obama:

link (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/view-from-jerusalem-with-harriet-sherwood/2011/jan/17/israel)

Only positive that could come out of this might be that war drummer Pastor Hagee of Texas might finally start opposing Obama foreign aid welfare programs.