PDA

View Full Version : Pre-canvass Polling Organization

Avalon
05-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Before we start canvassing for Ron Paul, I think it would help us greatly to gather data on the people we need to recruit. So I suggest we start up a polling organization which we can represent when we go door to door and call. We ask them questions like:
"Are you affiliated with a party? If so, which? If not, which do you normally support?"
"Which candidate are you most interested in?" (If they don't know or say it's too early, give them a list of announced candidates to choose from)
"What are the most important issues that we face today?"

Between the second and the third we should know enough about the person to hit them with a) the right person b) the right literature c) the right arguments when we canvass the house 2-6 months later.

I highly suggest people poll outside their precinct, so that they are not recognized and are not canvassing the same houses (when you canvass, you should own your precinct).

johndeal
08-05-2011, 03:51 PM
This is so important and will save you a ton of time. If you are a PC call all the Republicans and Independents in your district. Give them the same presidential poll that is available on the Ron Paul phone bank. If they support Ron Paul take info and get them registered as a republican if you have a closed caucus or primary.