PDA

View Full Version : So mad, I'm shaking...Cops searched my 12yr old tonight...

coastie
05-29-2011, 10:50 PM
<takes deep breath.....

My son got home an hour ago(safe neighborhood), and relayed a tale to me. His friend's house borders a major road in my area. Not highway major type road, but heavily traveled nonetheless...

They were sitting on his back porch earlier in the evening, when they could see several Bay County Sheriff's pulling up behind the house(picture shoulder of the road, plus sidewalk and bike path, grass and then their privacy fence). They then saw what sounds like an Armored Personnel Carrier from his description, carrying what they both said were SWAT, which then proceeded to raid the house on the other side of his property(but on a different road, if that makes sense).:eek:

Seeing this, the boys went inside for a bit....fast forward to 10 PM. My son was chillin at this kids house until 11 PM tonight. So at 10, they decided to pop the back gate open and skate for a bit on the sidewalk before calling it a night, the cops were long gone by now. One of their skateboards needed adjusting, and they then turned to go back to the house when out of nowhere, two cop cars came barreling at them from different directions screaming at the two boys to stop, pulling onto the grass and literally sandwiching them in between the cars.:mad:.They then told them to put their skateboards down, and one each got right into the kids faces, demanding to know if they had anything illegal on them. Both boys replied no, and asked if they could go home. One of the cops replied "you aint going anywhere until we find what you have"-and then proceeded to grab my son by his pocket, nearly ripping it of his shorts, and searching him.:mad::mad::mad:

My son at no time gave this FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT permission to search him or touch him, not did this FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT have Probable Cause to search him. The boys obviously had nothing on them, and returned home safely. Both boys are now no longer allowed on that road for any reason without one of the parents present.

Pretty fucking sad when I have to tell the kids not to play on the roads anymore because they should be more afraid of an encounter with law enforcement than any other boogeyman out there.:mad::mad:

A trip to the Sheriff's office is happening in the morning with an active cop buddy to make a complaint, and somebody's getting yelled screamed at. Fuck, I'm still shaking....:(

Bman
05-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah I'd be pretty pissed to. Have you contacted a lawyer? It may be the first best move if you want to make an issue of the situation.

steve005
05-29-2011, 10:56 PM
talk to a some lawyers on tue. don't go yelling/screaming at anybody that won't help, and could make it worse, just go in calmly and say you've spoken to lawyers and you'd like to file a formal complaint on those two cops

steve005
05-29-2011, 11:00 PM
if they don't fire the cops sue the city too

AFPVet
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear about this. I don't know what to say.... This goes way beyond a Terry stop.

Anti Federalist
05-29-2011, 11:08 PM
And the noose slips a little tighter.

Take a deep breath brother, and follow the advice and your game plan.

Go down with your cop buddy, and the name of an attorney, and file formal charges.

coastie
05-29-2011, 11:08 PM
talk to a some lawyers on tue. don't go yelling/screaming at anybody that won't help, and could make it worse, just go in calmly and say you've spoken to lawyers and you'd like to file a formal complaint on those two cops

No, don't have the money for that, and I disagree-right now the best course of action is for me to SCREAM at someone. I'm sick of the "get a lawyer" this and "file a complaint" that. FOR WHAT? Them to laugh about it as soon as we walk out the door?

I'm not one to be underestimated in these situations...I'm former LE supervisor, and can "play the part" in an instant...a shift supervisor sergeant is getting his ass crawled into, I'm going in with at least "one of their own", possibly two, just waiting for return phone call....

I'm just sick and tired of reading AF's fucking posts:p, seeing and experiencing it myself...and my kid now??? That just takes the cake.

I know it's not gonna stop this madness, but I am in a position to, bare minimum, at least get a few of these guys to think for a minute, and that's a helluva lot better than this just ending here with me venting in this thread....

Petar
05-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Yeah, be careful...the number one thing to remember in an emergency is to stay calm...this will greatly increase your ability to make smart decisions that will improve a bad situation, as opposed to impulsive ones that could make it worse...good luck, hope things turn out ok.

Anti Federalist
05-29-2011, 11:12 PM
No, don't have the money for that, and I disagree-right now the best course of action is for me to SCREAM at someone. I'm sick of the "get a lawyer" this and "file a complaint" that. FOR WHAT? Them to laugh about it as soon as we walk out the door?

I'm not one to be underestimated in these situations...I'm former LE supervisor, and can "play the part" in an instant...a shift supervisor sergeant is getting his ass crawled into, I'm going in with at least "one of their own", possibly two, just waiting for return phone call....

I'm just sick and tired of reading AF's fucking posts:p, seeing and experiencing it myself...and my kid now??? That just takes the cake.

I know it's not gonna stop this madness, but I am in a position to, bare minimum, at least get a few of these guys to think for a minute, and that's a helluva lot better than this just ending here with me venting in this thread....

Bring in media as well, if you can.

AFPVet
05-29-2011, 11:13 PM

There ya go :)

coastie
05-29-2011, 11:17 PM

Hmm, I'll try...the media group around here is family owned, and really tight with regards to local LE coverage, if you know what I mean:rolleyes:...

Now that I'm a little calmer, gonna try with a letter to the editor, too. It's pretty sadd that 22 years later, the BCSO is still harassing 12 and 14yr olds, while drugs are still easy to get around here.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2011, 11:18 PM
I can vouch for this. I almost got shot when I was younger by a cop because he asked what was on my belt. Stupid young me, grabbed it and pulled it off my belt to show him it was just my cellphone, so he pointed his gun at me. I wasn't even doing anything wrong, just walking down a sidewalk with a friend at 6pm (That's not even late!) I was fine, but he almost crapped his pants, lol.

Another time I was walking in my own neighborhood alone and a cop stopped me and questioned me, I didn't do anything wrong again.

To be fair though, none of them searched me or molested me.

heavenlyboy34
05-29-2011, 11:23 PM
:eek: :mad: wow, that's crazy, Coastie. Thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck to ya in getting justice, brother.

ctb619
05-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Request the dash cam recordings.

Chester Copperpot
05-29-2011, 11:27 PM
I had a similar situation happen to me personally when I was 16 years old or so... on the school grounds .. a bunch of cops converged on me and 2 friends... searched us all.. (found nothing of course) and we went on our way..

But boy oh boy.. If I had known my rights back then.. there woulda been hell to pay

speciallyblend
05-29-2011, 11:29 PM
thinks we need to creat a chipin so we can have coastie become a freedom dancer on june 4th;) sorry to hear this coastie. I know you will get it straight;)

speciallyblend
05-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Request the dash cam recordings.

yes demand it and make sure they do not come back with they are deleted or lost!!

tangent4ronpaul
05-29-2011, 11:38 PM
This just pisses me off!

Some lawyers work pro-bono - try the ACLU.

Even if you have to represent yourself - take this to court!

-t

showpan
05-29-2011, 11:41 PM
I would still talk to a lawyer, there are many who will take cases on a contingency fee. There are many civil rights firms that are seeking cases just like this. Many cases are settled out of court but screaming at them will not alter their behavior, you have to hit them back...in the pocketbook.

ProIndividual
05-29-2011, 11:58 PM
Soory to hear that. As a kid I hung around some bad people, and lived (not by choice) in a horrid neighborhood. Cops used to beat us up all the time, for seemingly no other reason than jealously (couldn't catch us doing stuff, and knew we made more money than them). They reveled in catching us breaking laws that were nonsense, that didn't hurt anyone but the willing participants. They locked some of my friends in cages, with chains, for years (prison). All the while, the other cops, the NARCs, were robbing us, selling drugs they stole from us to older dealers who were high school pals of theirs, or whatever. The whole point is, as a kid I learned very quickly and early that cops are not your friends, and that running to cops when you're vulnerable is usually asking for more victimization. I know you said you were a cop at one time, and maybe one of the good ones...but those good cops are the minority where I'm from. A police officer is more likely to be sociopathic than the average person in society, as a job that holds a monopoly on violence attracts them. Too many of them are bullies in high school that never got enough of the bullying, kids who got bullied and are now looking for paybacks, and mentally disturbed people with little in the way of emotions, and a lot in the way of sadism.

I know the feeling the kid has...I remember the first time (of dozens) it happened to me. He'll be gun-shy of uniforms for a while I suspect...but you being a former LE person might help that problem. Good luck. It's really a shame when it happens to someone doing nothing at all...at least with me, most of the time, I was involved in bad stuff anyway.

t0rnado
05-30-2011, 12:01 AM
If you don't get any results from a visit to the sheriff's office, let us know what we can do to help get your story out.

Pericles
05-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Heed the words of COL Arthur Simons (if you don't know who he is - Google):

1. Get organized - you need a plan of action, and you have 36 hours before you can really do anything.

2. Get into position - a badly executed plan will leave you worse off

3. Wait for the opportunity - this is the hardest part. Surprise is your friend. On your Tuesday visit, you might take the attitude of the meek parent wanting to know what the incident with your son was all about - this is your recon to see what they know, and the more arrogant they are, the more information you might get because they think you are afraid to make LE look bad.

The suggestion to contact the ACLU was a good one.

I'm feeling that the neighboring property was obviously on the LE radar, and even after the "raid" is being watched. One must be aware of one's surroundings and don't put yourself in the radar by going into a spot where LE is looking for targets.

AceNZ
05-30-2011, 12:18 AM
A good scream will no doubt help you feel better; hopefully the cops won't bust you for it.

If you can't get a local TV station camera crew, maybe one of your friends could run a video camera? You could also carry an audio recorder in your shirt pocket as backup.

If it was me, a cash settlement wouldn't cut it. The cops involved should lose their jobs, or at a minimum be suspended without pay. Definitely push for a copy of the dash cam recordings (one from each vehicle, right?).

BTW, even if the TV station won't help with a crew, they might be willing to interview you after you talk with the police. Ditto for local newspaper and radio. A (calm) visit to the police chief and/or mayor might also be in order. Think carefully about how you pitch the story -- maybe something like "this isn't just about my kid; would you like this to happen to your kids, too?"

squarepusher
05-30-2011, 12:59 AM
let them hear about it first thing tomorrow

aGameOfThrones
05-30-2011, 05:10 AM
<takes deep breath.....

My son got home an hour ago(safe neighborhood), and relayed a tale to me. His friend's house borders a major road in my area. Not highway major type road, but heavily traveled nonetheless...

They were sitting on his back porch earlier in the evening, when they could see several Bay County Sheriff's pulling up behind the house(picture shoulder of the road, plus sidewalk and bike path, grass and then their privacy fence). They then saw what sounds like an Armored Personnel Carrier from his description, carrying what they both said were SWAT, which then proceeded to raid the house on the other side of his property(but on a different road, if that makes sense).:eek:

Seeing this, the boys went inside for a bit....fast forward to 10 PM. My son was chillin at this kids house until 11 PM tonight. So at 10, they decided to pop the back gate open and skate for a bit on the sidewalk before calling it a night, the cops were long gone by now. One of their skateboards needed adjusting, and they then turned to go back to the house when out of nowhere, two cop cars came barreling at them from different directions screaming at the two boys to stop, pulling onto the grass and literally sandwiching them in between the cars.:mad:.They then told them to put their skateboards down, and one each got right into the kids faces, demanding to know if they had anything illegal on them. Both boys replied no, and asked if they could go home. One of the cops replied "you aint going anywhere until we find what you have"-and then proceeded to grab my son by his pocket, nearly ripping it of his shorts, and searching him.:mad::mad::mad:

My son at no time gave this FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT permission to search him or touch him, not did this FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT have Probable Cause to search him. The boys obviously had nothing on them, and returned home safely. Both boys are now no longer allowed on that road for any reason without one of the parents present.

Pretty fucking sad when I have to tell the kids not to play on the roads anymore because they should be more afraid of an encounter with law enforcement than any other boogeyman out there.:mad::mad:

A trip to the Sheriff's office is happening in the morning with an active cop buddy to make a complaint, and somebody's getting yelled screamed at. Fuck, I'm still shaking....:(

I see nothing wrong the cops did, they are teaching the children how to submit to their authority. I see it as an educational experience for future encounters.

/S

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-30-2011, 05:24 AM
Perhaps you should get the ultimate revenge and run for Mayor and toss those tyrannical bastards out on their behinds.

acptulsa
05-30-2011, 05:51 AM
You really need to try them in the court of public opinion. You indicated that there's only one media outlet in town; this makes it sound like a small town. If there's a city nearby, go to their media. This has three advantages. You reach more people, they aren't in the local cops' pockets, and it affects whether people move out there (or even visit) or not. If there's no city nearby, go to the media in every surrounding town with the story and give them a chance to say, 'the grass is greener on our side of the fence.

Don't get mad. Get even.

UWDude
05-30-2011, 06:19 AM
soldiers are coming back from Iraq, turning to cops. Incidents like this are small potatoes to them of no consequence or even remembrance, compared to what they did in Iraq. They probably will not even remember it in a week.

Jonathon
05-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Deleted.

newbitech
05-30-2011, 06:53 AM
I am sorry you went through this experience. I have been saying for years now that most people out there don't believe this kind of stuff goes on until it happens to them. I have had this experience several times, and it is completely demoralizing. I know you are not unaware of the crimes committed by those in authority, but I also know it is a little different when it happens to you.

When this stuff happened to me, most people in my life thought I just had a bad attitude or was exaggerating and were completely willing to give the cops an automatic exoneration. This hurts even more than what actually happened because now I know that the cops know they can get away with this crap because they hide behind the badge and the prestige of their office. Be thankful that in this case, it was "only" rights being violated. Many people who experience this abuse have their lives ruined or severely altered by having false charges laid against them. Charges that go on the internet, that even if beaten in court, still cause irreparable harm to the individual that is 10 times worse than any silly face book comments that get discovered in a background check.

I am with you, someone should get screamed at. It won't help other than to make you feel better and that is the only thing you can really do, especially when our state and federal courts are willing to give an interpretation of the 4th amendment that leaves the victim stripped of any protections against law enforcement. These thugs are all too willing to attack our children, our girlfriends and wives, hell even our pets and old folks. All easy targets and prey for their unlawful, irresponsible, and illegitimate exercise of authority.

Yes, it's time for people to realize that the police are not their friends, don't care about their oaths, and think that spreading peace through violence is acceptable. I know you realize it, and probably did before this incident, but when it hits home, the narrative changes from 3rd person to 1st person. If you are anything like me, you don't want anyone to have to endure this type of treatment. But then again, if you are anything like me, you will hit that barrier in your testimony of this incident where people will just expect you to suck it up, or find some reason your son deserved this treatment, all the while never daring to admit or even think that what happened to your family yesterday is wrong and deserves to be punished.

Good luck to you as you work through this with your family. The best thing that can come out of this is to use this as a way to teach your sons the values and principles of freedom and liberty.

Freedom 4 all
05-30-2011, 07:11 AM
What a bunch of self-important bastards. Get a lawyer. We need to sue at every opportunity like this. Even if you don't get any money out of it, the cop will have to answer for what he did and might think twice next time he does something retarded for no reason. Clearly the police brass and the judicial establishment as it stands are not working for us, so we need to bring out our own lawyers if we want to see any justice.

angelatc
05-30-2011, 07:31 AM
You really need to try them in the court of public opinion. You indicated that there's only one media outlet in town; this makes it sound like a small town. If there's a city nearby, go to their media. This has three advantages. You reach more people, they aren't in the local cops' pockets, and it affects whether people move out there (or even visit) or not. If there's no city nearby, go to the media in every surrounding town with the story and give them a chance to say, 'the grass is greener on our side of the fence.

Don't get mad. Get even.

There is strength in numbers. Talk to the parents of the other boy.

Carehn
05-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Got to know how this turns out.

pcosmar
05-30-2011, 08:03 AM
My first experience was when I was 16. and had a cop cock a pistol behind my ear. Inches from my head.
I had been shooting since 4 yrs old, and was on the High school rifle team ROTC. I had handled several types of firearm.
I was familiar with the sound I heard close to and behind my right ear.

I was walking down a street with a buddy to get a Pizza. This was before I had ever so much as smoked a joint. and nearly 40 years ago.

This shit has been going on too long.

My suggestion is to form a neighborhood watch with other gentlemen in your neighborhood. Train others in the use of arms.
Secure your neighborhood. And make these thugs unwelcome there.

AndrewD
05-30-2011, 11:50 AM
I would definetly contact a lawyer and your local Internal Affairs branch. Not sure if you were able to aquire badge numbers or names, but that would help.

Anti Federalist
05-30-2011, 12:07 PM
i see nothing wrong the cops did, they are teaching the children how to submit to their authority. I see it as an educational experience for future encounters.

/s

nvm

steph3n
05-30-2011, 12:11 PM
video removed post edited

I thought you had trouble doing videos when they mattered, then you post this drivel in a thread?! wow...

I think my eyes and ears are bleeding now.

Anti Federalist
05-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I thought you had trouble doing videos when they mattered, then you post this drivel in a thread?! wow...

I think my eyes and ears are bleeding now.

I can't watch them where I am right now.

But I can call them up for the link.

They just sit for hours waiting to load.

ETA - Even though I figured I was making a valid point (in a sarcastic way) upon further consideration, you're right.

This is too important an issue to clutter up the thread.

Modify your quote and edit the video out.

steph3n
05-30-2011, 12:16 PM

well if you haven't watched that, I must report it is downright painful.

pcosmar
05-30-2011, 12:21 PM

That was a painful video to watch. Am hoping it was posted as sarcasm.

But I'll see your sarcasm and raise Education
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?295837-The-Battle-of-Athens-Tennessee-1946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9fVABaWkAM

Hollywood version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9tUQxsrQGw

Jay Tea
05-30-2011, 01:03 PM
For all those who say to get a lawyer... the only witnesses are the other 12-year-old and the other cop, right? Who do you think is going to win that battle in court?

Sadly, unless the incident was caught on one of the cameras in the cop cars, a lawyer would only be a waste of money.

KCIndy
05-30-2011, 03:10 PM
For all those who say to get a lawyer... the only witnesses are the other 12-year-old and the other cop, right? Who do you think is going to win that battle in court?

Sadly, unless the incident was caught on one of the cameras in the cop cars, a lawyer would only be a waste of money.

I've got to respectfully disagree.

At the very least, IMHO, it would be worth the cost of a lawyer to get a really solid complaint on the record of each abusive cop. Even if this
particular affront isn't a "win" I can just about guarantee the cops will pull off something similar in the future. A solid complaint on their records
filed right now is vital. If nothing else, it can and will come back to bite 'em on the ass when they pull the same stunt again, as we all know
they will.

pcosmar
05-30-2011, 03:17 PM
I've been hoping coastie would be back with an up-date. One that didn't include his arrest.

Can't blame him for righteous anger though. Just hope he's OK.

KCIndy
05-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I've been hoping coastie would be back with an up-date. One that didn't include his arrest.

Can't blame him for righteous anger though. Just hope he's OK.

I sure can't blame him for being well and truly pissed. Ditto on hoping he's okay.

Maybe we need to organize a bail chip-in?? :)

pcosmar
05-30-2011, 03:44 PM
I sure can't blame him for being well and truly pissed. Ditto on hoping he's okay.

One of the major drawbacks to anonymity.
Though in my case (if it were ever needed) there will likely be no bail.

anaconda
05-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah I'd be pretty pissed to. Have you contacted a lawyer? It may be the first best move if you want to make an issue of the situation.

^This. A good lawyer, by the way. Maybe somebody that does not work in that jurisdiction.

Anti Federalist
05-30-2011, 04:28 PM

I'd throw in to that.

+3 on hoping all is well.

Anti Federalist
05-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Here's hoping Coastie isn't in jail, bump.

bkreigh
05-30-2011, 08:25 PM
You still alive Coastie?

By the way are you still up there in Michigan? I thought you said you were in those parts a year or two ago.

RonPaulGetsIt
05-30-2011, 08:35 PM
You might consider setting up a free webpage on blogspot and posting everything about the incident and the aftermath. Tell all your friends to check the blog instead of having to repeat yoru story dozens of times.

The media isn't going to help us. We need to use the power of the internet to stop the abuse.

LibertyRevolution
05-30-2011, 10:20 PM
I filed a complaint against a cop in my town once, it turned out it was is a horrible idea.
This was about 15years ago, back before the town had dash cams....
In response to me filing a complaint, this is the treatment I received:

Every time I left my house I would get fallowed and pulled over for some crap charge.
I was dragged out of my car, tossed in the back of a cruiser, while they searched for the drugs they said thought they smelled. No drugs in the car of course..
I was pulled over and ticketed for going 4mph over the speed limit.
I was ticketed for incomplete stop at a stop sign, when I clearly stopped.
I was ticket for unnecessary acceleration..for driving like a normal person..
I was ticketed for improper lane change..He drove right on my bumper to the point I felt unsafe and when I changed lanes to get him to not be right on my ass, he changed lanes at the same time and said I cut him off.
He would drive by slow and shine the monkey light on the windows late at night for no reason.
Which drove the dog nuts and made it so no one could sleep at night.
He would drive by every 7mins and do this, all night long.
He would show up at the door and drag me in for questioning.
I refuse to answer any of there questions and just get grilled for a few hours...

They only way I could get it to stop was to hire a lawyer.
He threatened to sue the police department for harassment.
Lawyer got a restraining order against my town police department.
They are no longer allowed on my property without a warrant.
They are not allowed to question me without notifying him first, and him being present.

The towns solution, they promoted this smuck cop to a desk job...

Anti Federalist
05-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Tony Soprano's crew could do no better.

I filed a complaint against a cop in my town once, it turned out it was is a horrible idea.
This was about 15years ago, back before the town had dash cams....
In response to me filing a complaint, this is the treatment I received:

Every time I left my house I would get fallowed and pulled over for some crap charge.
I was dragged out of my car, tossed in the back of a cruiser, while they searched for the drugs they said thought they smelled. No drugs in the car of course..
I was pulled over and ticketed for going 4mph over the speed limit.
I was ticketed for incomplete stop at a stop sign, when I clearly stopped.
I was ticket for unnecessary acceleration..for driving like a normal person..
I was ticketed for improper lane change..He drove right on my bumper to the point I felt unsafe and when I changed lanes to get him to not be right on my ass, he changed lanes at the same time and said I cut him off.
He would drive by slow and shine the monkey light on the windows late at night for no reason.
Which drove the dog nuts and made it so no one could sleep at night.
He would drive by every 7mins and do this, all night long.
He would show up at the door and drag me in for questioning.
I refuse to answer any of there questions and just get grilled for a few hours...

They only way I could get it to stop was to hire a lawyer.
He threatened to sue the police department for harassment.
Lawyer got a restraining order against my town police department.
They are no longer allowed on my property without a warrant.
They are not allowed to question me without notifying him first, and him being present.

The towns solution, they promoted this smuck cop to a desk job...

acptulsa
05-30-2011, 10:34 PM
This is why I say try it in the court of public opinion. Once a news organization premieres the story, they're liable to be all about a follow up.

kahless
05-30-2011, 10:38 PM
No update yet. Hmmm. Hopefully Coastie did not raise his voice thus deemed as threat that had to be tackled and tazed.

acptulsa
05-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Anyone who fails to be terrified by them is a terrorist.

kahless
05-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Anyone who fails to be terrified by them is a terrorist.

I hope he bowed his head and got down on one knee before speaking to them.

acptulsa
05-30-2011, 10:46 PM
I hope he bowed his head and got down on one knee before speaking to them.

You posted in the wrong place. Your 1863rd should have gone in the Gettysburg thread.

kahless
05-30-2011, 10:55 PM
You posted in the wrong place. Your 1863rd should have gone in the Gettysburg thread.

I missed allot of good post total years. :(

dannno
05-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Skateboarding is a crime, didn't you know that?

nbhadja
05-31-2011, 03:03 AM
Cops are fucking piece of trash. I once was just standing around minding my own business and this cop comes up out of nowhere and says "you guys reek of marijuana, I am gonna have to take you in" which I did not reek of anything. I gave him a earful and he left.

I have no respect for cops. They are pure trash. Fuck them.

pcosmar
05-31-2011, 02:38 PM
No News
/concerned

bobbyw24
05-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Below are two organizations specializing in Constitutional law and may be able to assist:

The Rutherford Institute (http://www.rutherford.org/)

RUTHERFORD INST. handled this case for a Ron Paul supporter

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?294177-Ranger-Orders-Visitor-to-Leave-National-Military-Park-Citing-Objection-to-Ron-Paul-Decals&p=3311061#post3311061

jmdrake
05-31-2011, 03:10 PM

thinks we need to creat a chipin so we can have coastie become a freedom dancer on june 4th;) sorry to hear this coastie. I know you will get it straight;)

I got a better idea. Coastie you've got LE supervisor experience? When is the next sheriff election? Forget chipping in to get him to AK's dance party. How about a moneybomb to get Coastie elected sheriff?

Pericles
05-31-2011, 03:18 PM
I got a better idea. Coastie you've got LE supervisor experience? When is the next sheriff election? Forget chipping in to get him to AK's dance party. How about a moneybomb to get Coastie elected sheriff?
Best idea yet. Abuses happen because leadership either tolerates it or instigates it.

Anti Federalist
05-31-2011, 05:23 PM
No News
/concerned

This ^^^

AFPVet
05-31-2011, 06:18 PM

Awesome idea! +Rep

Verrater
05-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Awesome idea! +Rep

Awesomely awesome idea.

nateerb
06-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Bump for concern.

heavenlyboy34
06-01-2011, 06:05 PM
No News
/concerned

ditto

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Where is coastie :( Anyone happen to know what PD he was going to?

Kylie
06-01-2011, 06:24 PM
This is not good.

He'd better check in soon!!

Umbro2914
06-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Where is coastie :( Anyone happen to know what PD he was going to?

He said Bay County Sheriff, and this is what a google turned up.

http://www.bayso.org

HarrySeaward
06-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Wow, it's always more frustrating when this happens to kids. I should say though that it is legal for police officers to "pat" the outside of clothing and pockets for "weapons" even without permission, and can even reach inside pockets if they feel a hard object, but only if they have good reason(probable cause) to suspect you have a weapon. It doesn't sound like there was any reason to suspect these kids had weapons and I imagine this is what should be argued, though I'm no lawyer.

I recommend everyone watch BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA). It's an important video detailing your rights and how to flex them when dealing with the police.

Here is a clip detailing what I mentioned above about the pat down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdO69fH_Gc0

BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters.
I recommend everyone watch this at least once!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Koz
06-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Still no word??

bkreigh
06-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Bump for Coastie!

Kylie
06-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Does anyone actually know this guy, in person?

Anti Federalist
06-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Does anyone actually know this guy, in person?

Not that I know of.

I know I don't.

But I'm sure everything is fine, I mean, what could go wrong in dealing with dedicated public servants?

/s/

thehungarian
06-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Was just thinking about this thread in my stupor. Hope he's OK.

speciallyblend
06-04-2011, 12:37 AM

no argument from me ;) hopes coastie is ok!!

AFPVet
06-04-2011, 12:42 AM
He knows the ropes... he knows how far to push before he is considered out of line. He's alright... unless the whole department is on drugs... then... crap.

Anti Federalist
06-04-2011, 01:06 AM
He knows the ropes... he knows how far to push before he is considered out of line. He's alright... unless the whole department is on drugs... then... crap.

I hope you're right.

Kregisen
06-04-2011, 02:42 AM
Hasn't posted in almost a week......hmmm...not the best sign.

raiha
06-04-2011, 04:15 PM
America sounds a scary place to bring up kids. Come to NZ Coastie...we got nice police here.

Anti Federalist
06-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Hasn't posted in almost a week......hmmm...not the best sign.

No, it isn't...

He should have dropped off a phone number to somebody

AFPVet
06-04-2011, 07:39 PM
I hope you're right.

Me too. Didn't he say that he was going to be going up there with an active duty officer or two?

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Me too. Didn't he say that he was going to be going up there with an active duty officer or two?

Yes. He also said that he would do some shouting. :( prayin fr ya coastie

heavenlyboy34
06-04-2011, 07:57 PM
prayin fr ya coastie
+me too

specsaregood
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
hell of a thread to leave the site on....

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM
hell of a thread to leave the site on....

No shit.

ETA - If it happened to me, and it mattered to anybody, there are about 6 or 7 people here that do have my name, address and phone number.

Just FYI if I ever decided to pull the EJECT lever.

chudrockz
06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Whole bunch of concerned folks here hopin Coastie is okay, I'm one of 'em!

tremendoustie
06-10-2011, 01:26 PM
The admin has his email, right?

I think it'd be appropriate for an admin to contact him (without releasing the contact info publicly, of course), to make sure he's all right.

Kylie
06-10-2011, 02:00 PM

I think it'd be appropriate for an admin to contact him (without releasing the contact info publicly, of course), to make sure he's all right.

I concur.

Dude's been gone too long.

KCIndy
06-10-2011, 02:15 PM
I concur.

Ditto that... and I wasn't just joking in my earlier post about a "bail bomb." I would seriously chip in to get him out of the slammer...

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-10-2011, 02:20 PM
I concur.

If he isn't on here, doubt he would be on his e-mail.

pcosmar
06-10-2011, 02:20 PM

I humbly second that request.

low preference guy
06-10-2011, 02:22 PM
he might be in a dispute and not want to post anything that could be used against him, hopefully.

KCIndy
06-10-2011, 02:44 PM
he might be in a dispute and not want to post anything that could be used against him, hopefully.

I hope that's all it is. I'm a bit concerned because in an earlier post he mentioned he didn't have money for a lawyer, which means if he's tossed in the slammer he wouldn't have money to post bond. :(

I'm sick - literally sick - of reading about cops seemingly unfettered by any Constitutional restraints running roughshod over the general populace. If we can start standing together on this and backing those who need help with bail or legal counsel, I'm all for it. What was it Franklin said? "If we don't hang together, we'll most certainly hang separately!"

AFPVet
06-10-2011, 02:45 PM

This is very possible. He's smart and knows the 'game'. That's what I would do....

tremendoustie
06-10-2011, 04:19 PM
This is very possible. He's smart and knows the 'game'. That's what I would do....

Sure -- but if he's all right, he could still communicate that to an admin via private email, without compromising any ongoing legal effort.

libertygrl
06-10-2011, 04:27 PM
<takes deep breath.....

Contact these people: http://www.rutherford.org/About/ContactUs.asp GOOD LUCK!

"The Rutherford Institute is one of the nation's premier civil liberties organizations."—Nat Hentoff, nationally syndicated columnist

"When founding The Rutherford Institute, my goal was to create an organization that would defend people who were persecuted or oppressed without charging them for such services. The Rutherford Institute exists to ensure that people are treated fairly in the courts and are free to express themselves without fear."
— John W. Whitehead, President and Founder of The Rutherford Institute

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Ditto that... and I wasn't just joking in my earlier post about a "bail bomb." I would seriously chip in to get him out of the slammer...

Ditto

I humbly second that request.

And "third".

PM sent to Josh.

Pericles
06-10-2011, 09:33 PM
http://www.thrillingdetective.com/images2/hgwt_card.gif

JoshLowry
06-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Will send an email. I imagine/hope coastie is ok.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Now you guys have me concerned.. Hoping all is well and we get an update soon.

Kylie
06-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Any updates?

sparebulb
06-14-2011, 07:33 PM
I am genuinely concerned for Coastie.

Coastie, I don't have a lot of pull, but you and your family are in my prayers.

Rael
06-15-2011, 12:25 AM
bump

ghengis86
06-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Will send an email. I imagine/hope coastie is ok.

Anything?

Anti Federalist
06-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Anything?

Nothing, so far as I've heard...

Krugerrand
06-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Apparently in 2008 coastie was in touch with the precinct leader in Florida's Precinct 10, Bay County. Is that chap readily identifiable?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?104345-Precinct-10-Bay-County

dannno
06-15-2011, 10:42 AM
I am genuinely concerned for Coastie.

Coastie, I don't have a lot of pull, but you and your family are in my prayers.

You don't have a lot of pull.......with God?

Krugerrand
06-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Nothing here ... which doesn't mean much, but is better than something ominous:
http://www.newsherald.com/news/police-94051-city-panama.html

Krugerrand
06-15-2011, 08:22 PM
bump for the evening crowd who may know where coastie is.

sparebulb
06-15-2011, 08:31 PM
You don't have a lot of pull.......with God?

All I can do is petition God. I have no sense of entitlement that I will receive that for which I ask. That is because I know exactly what a terrible person I really am....far worse than even Bristol Palin!

But seriously, I really am praying for Coastie, our Nation, and certain individuals that are in miserable situations. I hope that many others are as well.

AFPVet
06-15-2011, 08:58 PM
All I can do is petition God. I have no sense of entitlement that I will receive that for which I ask. That is because I know exactly what a terrible person I really am....far worse than even Bristol Palin!

But seriously, I really am praying for Coastie, our Nation, and certain individuals that are in miserable situations. I hope that many others are as well.

This. +Rep.

dannno
06-16-2011, 12:18 PM

Well if you're praying for someone whose kid was molested by the state who is now gone missing I would hope it wouldn't matter who is doing the praying. Like I'm sure there are some really good people out there who prayed for Obama to be President.

steph3n
06-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Well if you're praying for someone whose kid was molested by the state who is now gone missing I would hope it wouldn't matter who is doing the praying. Like I'm sure there are some really good people out there who prayed for Obama to be President.

Ok Bubs, drop the negativity. Thanks.
This is actually quite serious, I mean what a way to go out for a long time member, I don't think it was a troll. I can only hope it was advised to not post due to impending legal action.

Brian4Liberty
06-16-2011, 12:25 PM
It's been a long time since he posted. It's officially time to consider him MIA. And unfortunately, the Police aren't the biggest concern. If something happened with them, it would have made news, or he would have been released and posting again.

coastie
06-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Easy guys, I'm Ok...:o

I'm sorry for the hiatus, unexpected deaths of both a family member and a long time friend on the same day:(, work, and life have occupied my time lately. Thanks for the show of concern(only read the last page), but everything's getting a little better, I suppose.

So it goes without saying,I haven't had the time, nor the drive, really, to even talk to my chief o' police neighbor about this yet.

What's most important here is that my son is ok, and survived an encounter with these armed tax feeders. He has seen my life's lessons on the police in vivid detail now, and I rest easy knowing he can use this experience to prepare himself better for the next one.

Again, I apologize for raising concern in my absence after a thread like that, but this place was the last thing on my mind for a bit. :o

I will be talking to the people I need to here very soon as discussed on the first page, and will post up.

tpreitzel
06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Good to know you're alright ... ! :)

pcosmar
06-16-2011, 01:22 PM

Whew !
Condolence for your loss. But it is good to know you are OK.

coastie
06-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks, just need to kick the brain back into gear now, gonna be a hard(er) road ahead.

Brian4Liberty
06-16-2011, 01:31 PM

Now you tell us! ;)

Again, I apologize for raising concern in my absence after a thread like that, but this place was the last thing on my mind for a bit. :o

No problem, it h,,sdk hold on, someone is banging on my door. Be righ

acptulsa
06-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Sorry for your losses.

When you do get your head back in this distraction, please go first to the press, not the police. You may have to go to more than one local to find someone sympathetic. But the press is your best friend in a situation like this. I say go there first because you should cover your butt.

coastie
06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Whew !
Condolence for your loss. But it is good to know you are OK.

Thank you sir. And while we"re talking...You and AF have been a big inspiration, if you will, when this all first started...it's good to know there are good people out there with a like minded laser-like focus on what's really going on in this country right now, and like me as well-not afraid to speak about it, no matter who's around.

My approach will be slightly less dramatic than I originally planned...:p But I was furious, as any parent should be, but I was a touch more furious because I have LE experience, and this is not how things are supposed to go down.

acptulsa
06-16-2011, 01:40 PM
My approach will be slightly less dramatic than I originally planned...:p But I was furious, as any parent should be, but I was a touch more furious because I have LE experience, and this is not how things are supposed to go down.

Very hard to watch someone do a job wrong when you yourself have done it right...

Anti Federalist
06-16-2011, 02:58 PM

I'm sorry for the hiatus, unexpected deaths of both a family member and a long time friend on the same day:(, work, and life have occupied my time lately. Thanks for the show of concern(only read the last page), but everything's getting a little better, I suppose.

So it goes without saying,I haven't had the time, nor the drive, really, to even talk to my chief o' police neighbor about this yet.

What's most important here is that my son is ok, and survived an encounter with these armed tax feeders. He has seen my life's lessons on the police in vivid detail now, and I rest easy knowing he can use this experience to prepare himself better for the next one.

I will be talking to the people I need to here very soon as discussed on the first page, and will post up.

Whew, brother, I am glad to hear from you, of course, terribly sorry to hear about your loss as well.

Just very relieved to hear that, on top of all that other stress, you aren't dealing with yourself or someone you love in jail or in the hospital because of some asshole cop.

Be more than happy to help out any way I can, when the dust settles some and you decide what, if any, action to take.

AFPVet
06-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Sorry for your loss :(

bkreigh
06-20-2011, 11:55 AM
I just got back in town and this was one of the first threads i came on hoping Coastie made it back on.

Im glad to see you back but sorry for your loss man.